Yamaha RX-V475 with a Pioneer XW-SMA3k Wireless WIFI Speaker - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-30-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey AVS RX-**75 Experts,

I'm trying to play to both wired and a wireless speaker at the same time from the Yamaha receiver. I've not found any way to use the Airplay for output, only input. And I do not have the optional WIFI or Bluetooth adapter, as I'm unsure if I'll get the same result. Those adapters seem to make it possible to only connect via WIFI or Bluetooth to the Yamaha , not have the Yamaha send out a wireless audio signal. I'd prefer to have it play to a wireless, WIFI speaker (i.e., the Panasonic A3), if possible.

Let me know if this is just a pipe dream, or not.

Thanks so much for your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurray11 View Post
<div id="user_content_24278532">
<p>Hey AVS RX-**75 Experts,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm trying to play to both wired and a wireless speaker at the same time from the Yamaha receiver. I've not found any way to use the Airplay for output, only input. And I do not have the optional WIFI or Bluetooth adapter, as I'm unsure if I'll get the same result. Those adapters seem to make it possible to only connect via WIFI or Bluetooth to the Yamaha , not have the Yamaha send out a wireless audio signal. I'd prefer to have it play to a wireless, WIFI speaker (i.e., the Panasonic A3), if possible.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let me know if this is just a pipe dream, or not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks so much for your help.</p>
</div>
<p> </p>
Devices only receive Airplay from an iOS or OSX device. Playing from iTunes, Pandora, or Spotify, etc from an iPhone or; iTunes, etc. from a Mac using Airplay.
If both devices use AirPlay, I think both do, then you can run the Multiple option in iTunes only from OSX (iOS 8 might do it but, I’ve not upgraded yet). This allows multiple AirPlay devices to play.
But, I can think of very limited use. For a business, wired (and public performance legal) is best. At a party, music in one room is best as guests like to talk away from it and to give ears a break. If dancing is involved, still, just one room.
Maybe Christmas music, set low, during a holiday party, OK.
If I had a big mansion, all of us would be playing different music!
It is a nice feature, just in case but, I’ve never used it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - V475 by PriceGrabber.com