post #721 of 1235 Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by copene View Post

In mid-March the topic of the "Emotiva factory" came up and it was spun by you know who as "almost ready" which means there's a good chance it's not even 60% of the way to where it needs to be for actual production runs of post-alpha line items. So now there are probably some pieces sitting there rotting while others are coming in every day for the temps to screw together "In America". My honest guess is there will be a holier than thou email blast to the people in line around mid-April showing the progress of the "factory" and possibly a semi-working prototype captured in video with some cool sweep by shots. But the underlining message will be that they will not be shipping ANY XMC-1's in April. To be quite honest, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to be saying "wow, I can't believe summer is almost over" and people still waiting for the bonafied king of vaporware. Real question is, do you think Danno will actually have the nerve to announce yet ANOTHER ETA after missing April?

Given what is coming in September, and how much it will show the XMC-1 in a very poor light, I wonder if their best plan wouldn't be to quietly forget about it. Like the RMC-1 - just keep it as vaporware "for the future".  It amazes me how they have managed to make such a mess of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1235 Old 03-31-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Nashville, TN (AP)
Quote:
Professor Hollenbach of the University of Tennessee announced what may be a significant find in the city of Franklin. During the excavation for the construction of a large warehouse on the grounds of Emotiva/Jade, workers noted the presence of artifacts including human and animal remains, Indian pottery, and sundry weapons and tools consistent with what may be a burial ground. Work has stopped while archaeologists and graduate students explore the finding.

Whoah!

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #723 of 1235 Old 03-31-2014, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
^^^^^^^^

I hope this is an early April foolsjoke. Lol
post #724 of 1235 Old 03-31-2014, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Maybe they will find the XMC-1
post #725 of 1235 Old 03-31-2014, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 95
so I step out of this thread for a while, and come back seeing that in no way will the xmc-1 ship in April let alone who knows when. yup, pretty much just the way I thought it would look. as much as I like their amps and also in the past purchased the ert 8.3 speakers from them I just can't support these guys anymore. the feedback from Dan is just so laughable now.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #726 of 1235 Old 03-31-2014, 10:29 PM

construction on the new factory never got underway if I'm reading things properly. It would've been so much easier to say that an unexpected snag occurred instead of making announcement touting that things were moving along nicely with the new factory and that it was almost complete. Total lack of honesty. Unbelievable. How will this be explained?????
post #727 of 1235 Old 03-31-2014, 10:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man5.1 View Post

construction on the new factory never got underway if I'm reading things properly.
What gave you that impression? Did someone drop an inadverent hint at the Emo Lounge?

Sanjay
post #728 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 01:18 AM

No hints at the lounge. If the news item about the archaelogical discovery at the site of the new factory is true, then there's no way that construction would be allowed to proceed. Especially if there's a possibility of a significant historical potential. But my statement is for naught if it's just an April fools joke. So take what I said with several grains of salt until further notice.
post #729 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 01:24 AM

I may have spoken falsely. I reread chu gai's last post and it mentioned warehouse not factory. I
Hope didn't cause a mild Hysteria concerning the xmc-1. I'll read more carefully in the future. Lol
post #730 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Still on schedule for this month:

No word from Big Dan about the March delivery date or why it never happened. I guess they won't dare make any announcements today though, for obvious reasons ;)

There's definitely a 'redefinition of the cinematic experience' coming. Unfortunately for Emo, it's called Atmos.

post #731 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

No word from Big Dan about the March delivery date or why it never happened. I guess they won't dare make any announcements today though, for obvious reasons wink.gif

Then he still has 30 days since it does not say WHEN in April. He did, however, narrow down the year wink.gif
post #732 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 07:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

Then he still has 30 days since it does not say WHEN in April. He did, however, narrow down the year wink.gif

He didn’t say when in March either. But we know now how much credibility that announcement had. I am guessing the April announcement will be equally credible.

And you're right - they made a mistake when they added '2014' ;)

post #733 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

No word from Big Dan about the March delivery date or why it never happened. I guess they won't dare make any announcements today though, for obvious reasons wink.gif

There's definitely a 'redefinition of the cinematic experience' coming. Unfortunately for Emo, it's called Atmos.

I take it Atmos will be a whole new soundtrack codec that is encoded on Blu Rays? Are we going to see a TrueHD soundtrack then have an option for Atmos capable decoders? I kept my blu ray double dipping to a minimum, but I will be double dipping again when Atmos surfaces, especially on a title like Oblivion.

I'm still going to get the XMC1, I have put so much waiting time in for this dang thing that I owe it to myself to see what it's all about. I guess worst case I send it back to Emo in 30 days or flip it, having a 40% discount card I could maybe make some some money off the thing for my trouble.

Woo Hoo
post #734 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingshane View Post

I take it Atmos will be a whole new soundtrack codec that is encoded on Blu Rays? Are we going to see a TrueHD soundtrack then have an option for Atmos capable decoders?
Rather than a whole new codec, it will likely be formatted as an extension to current bitstreams, maybe with a 5.1-channel or 7.1-channel TrueHD core and an Atmos extension packet. This will make it backwards compatible with legacy products, which will not recognize the extension data and will just play back the channel-based part of the bitstream as they normally would. An object-aware AV receiver will recognize and decode the extensions, combining the streams to create a hybrid (channels + objects) soundtrack.

Sanjay
post #735 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 430
So, movies that suck, will still suck but in different ways and we'll see more rereleases.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #736 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

So, movies that suck, will still suck but in different ways and we'll see more rereleases.

It's actually a plot by George Lucas to further violate the corpses that are Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

An audiophile likes to talk about how much they spent and how good it sounds.

A DIY'er likes to talk about how little they spent and how good it sounds.

post #737 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 12:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Oh hell, if Fox Home Video has the 'Star Wars' soundtracks stored as pre-mixed elements and decides to use those to create new Atmos mixes, that would be a day-one purchase for me. Forget waiting for 4K, I'd take those on Blu-ray right now. Would be the perfect combination of immersive audio and childhood nostalgia.

Sanjay
post #738 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Oh hell, if Fox Home Video has the 'Star Wars' soundtracks stored as pre-mixed elements and decides to use those to create new Atmos mixes, that would be a day-one purchase for me. Forget waiting for 4K, I'd take those on Blu-ray right now. Would be the perfect combination of immersive audio and childhood nostalgia.

You mean the one where Greedo shot first and Han Solo stepped of Jabba's tail outside the Falcon at the space port?

post #739 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 03:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjuku View Post

You mean the one where Greedo shot first and Han Solo stepped of Jabba's tail outside the Falcon at the space port?
That's the one. Those two moments don't undo the remaining 6.5 hours of the original trilogy for me.

Sanjay
post #740 of 1235 Old 04-01-2014, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

The XMC-1 will be released right after the Emotiva ERC-8T is released to market:

post #741 of 1235 Old 04-02-2014, 12:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjuku View Post

The XMC-1 will be released right after the Emotiva ERC-8T is released to market:

You have to give Emotiva credit as they still have their sense of humor. I wonder if it will still be there if the XMC-1 is not released and/or is bug free before the end of April 2014 wink.gif.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #742 of 1235 Old 04-02-2014, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
The indication that they will miss April is the fact the are not reaching out to collect payment information from anyone. That takes time.

My prediction is they will start that 3-4 weeks before units start shipping.
post #743 of 1235 Old 04-02-2014, 12:26 PM

Liked: 55
If they really wanted to be funny they should have had Lonnie run a Emo-Q sweep using the UMC-1 and then explain the results. Now THAT would have been hilarious. Could have followed up with a firmware upgrade for the kill...
post #744 of 1235 Old 04-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by copene View Post

If they really wanted to be funny they should have had Lonnie run a Emo-Q sweep using the UMC-1 and then explain the results. Now THAT would have been hilarious. Could have followed up with a firmware upgrade for the kill...

Though most April fools pranks are funny, it is not necessary for them to be so the idea is to fool someone. If Emo had falsely released the XMC-1 on April 1st that too would have been a valid prank. Though hardly funny rolleyes.gif
post #745 of 1235 Old 04-04-2014, 11:59 AM

Liked: 10
FWIW, here is a reply to an email I sent earlier today asking about the release date. I knew there would not be a specific date, but the reply seems to indicate that things are on schedule for some on the reservation list to begin receiving product within the month. I had requested clarification since I wanted to make a decision to wait it out for the XMC, or go with a competitor's product

"Thank you for your email. The first XMC-1 processors are expected to be shipping out very shortly. All the boards and parts are in house and our entire production staff is working on building XMC-1 processors. Our first priority will be contacting everyone that signed up for the reservation list. We will be contacting customers in the order that the reservation was received. Unfortunately we are not able to guarantee a specific date when the XMC-1 will be available for you to purchase. The XMC-1 is the first product out of our all new production facility here in Franklin, TN. We are taking extreme care with the first units off of the line and verifying performance and quality every step of the way. As soon as we do reach your name on the reservation list we will contact you with information on how to place a purchase. If you have any further questions please let us know. Thank you for your support.

Nick Kaumeyer
Department Head of Sales
Emotiva Audio Corporation "

I provide this merely to show that all of our patience waiting for the XMC-1 may be about to pay off. Cheers!
post #746 of 1235 Old 04-04-2014, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredme View Post

FWIW, here is a reply to an email I sent earlier today asking about the release date. I knew there would not be a specific date, but the reply seems to indicate that things are on schedule for some on the reservation list to begin receiving product within the month. I had requested clarification since I wanted to make a decision to wait it out for the XMC, or go with a competitor's product

"Thank you for your email. The first XMC-1 processors are expected to be shipping out very shortly. All the boards and parts are in house and our entire production staff is working on building XMC-1 processors. Our first priority will be contacting everyone that signed up for the reservation list. We will be contacting customers in the order that the reservation was received. Unfortunately we are not able to guarantee a specific date when the XMC-1 will be available for you to purchase. The XMC-1 is the first product out of our all new production facility here in Franklin, TN. We are taking extreme care with the first units off of the line and verifying performance and quality every step of the way. As soon as we do reach your name on the reservation list we will contact you with information on how to place a purchase. If you have any further questions please let us know. Thank you for your support.

Nick Kaumeyer
Department Head of Sales
Emotiva Audio Corporation "

I provide this merely to show that all of our patience waiting for the XMC-1 may be about to pay off. Cheers!

The sceptic in me says that if they ship 11 customer unit by the end of this month, they will achieve the above commitment! I'm on the list so we shall see !!
post #747 of 1235 Old 04-04-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 417
If Emotiva is still in the process of building the first production XMC-1s it appears that there will be no beta testing. Maybe there are pre-production XMC-1s being beta tested but if not the first to buy the XMC-1 will be beta testers. If all of the "verifying performance" is done in house and not in real world use it is not a good sign IMO.

Bill
kbarnes701 and LPBadge like this.

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #748 of 1235 Old 04-04-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

If all of the "verifying performance" is done in house and not in real world use it is not a good sign IMO.

Bill

+1
post #749 of 1235 Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

I wonder to what extent they are being built in the USA. I would suspect ASSEMBLED would be a more apt description. Big D has been promising a video tour for a few weeks now, surely that cant be too hard to accomplish. The SUSPENSE is killing me biggrin.gif I doubt we will hear a peep from Dan after all the flak he has taken over the past month.
post #750 of 1235 Old 04-04-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

If Emotiva is still in the process of building the first production XMC-1s it appears that there will be no beta testing. Maybe there are pre-production XMC-1s being beta tested but if not the first to buy the XMC-1 will be beta testers. If all of the "verifying performance" is done in house and not in real world use it is not a good sign IMO.

Bill

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that announcement.

If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ... Something old and something new :-)

Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Xmc 1

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page