Will Onkyo or anyone else be releasing a HDMI 2.0 receiver any time soon? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-02-2014, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered a Panasonic 65VT60 TV which is on its way to me and my current receiver is an Onkyo TX-SR607 which obviously does not support 3D and therefore I'm in the market for a new receiver to utilize the 3D, and I'm looking to get one with as many HDMI inputs as possible since I now have my Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Computer and Apple TV all to hook up. I've been considering the Onkyo TX-NR929 but another thing I want to consider however is future-proofing. A 4K TV may be something feasible to own in about 7 years and I'd like my receiver to fully support it when I do decide to make that plunge. Obviously the receivers currently available do not support 4K at 60FPS because they're all still using HDMI 1.4. How long do you guys think it will be until we see HDMI 2.0 receivers out there? What time of year does Onkyo usually refresh their line of receivers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-02-2014, 04:01 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
Most likely the majority of 2014 models will be HDMI 2.0. New models are generally released in the spring.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 02-02-2014, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Spring you say... Then yeah I think it'll be worth holding out for a couple months sans-3D. Thanks.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65vt60 65 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page