Differences in DAC's - is it that noticeable? - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 212 Old 04-24-2014, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have only used my SE530's on my iPhone except for once on an old Acer Ferrari laptop. On the Acer the sound was complete rubbish but on the iPhone really nice. I used the SE530's extensively four about 4years when working as a road warrior consultant. I have not heard the SE535's so I can't comment. What you say is interesting though because I have read a lot of reviews saying that the 535's cure what ails the 530's. I always thought I might be missing something because I could never figure out what, if anything, was terribly wrong with the 530's. They sound good enough to me that I certainly don't need to spend another $500 trying to get better.

But then, I am now older and my hearing ain't what it used to be so I have to be careful with observations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 212 Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

One good reason why I don't listen to internet radio, and instead maintain my own collection of high-bitrate MP3 files based on CDs that I own, upon which they are all based.

Internet radio is a two edged sword, just like satellite radio. If I only listen to my own recordings I miss out on new music and I find out about new music a lot on internet and satellite radio. Once I discover something then comes the inevitable "where can I find a decent lossless version".....
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A3020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - A3020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page