Denon Receiver question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-09-2014, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have bought a Denon AVR-1613 few months back. I have just noticed something for the preset Movie, Music, Pure etc. settings on the remote button. When I use one of these presets I can't go past a particular volume level (eg. Movie on PLII Cinema won't go past 75, Stereo won't go past 68 and so on). It is different based on the preset mode I choose on the receiver. I have checked the settings for Volume->Limit and it is set to off. I am not sure if this is normal behavior or some thing I changed in the settings have triggered this. Can any of you guys help me out here? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-09-2014, 08:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 383
I have a 1613 and would have no purpose turning my receiver up that high. I wouldn't be able to stay in the room.

Do you have low sensitivity speakers?

If you think you may have accidentally changed some settings you can always do a processor reset which may fix your problem.

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 02-10-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi afrogt, Thanks a lot for your response. I have a Polk Monitor II series for my front and CS2 for my center speakers. So I think it won't be an issue for my speakers.

You are right, I can never use max volume to listen to anything. However, I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my receiver. I was just not sure if this a normal behavior for the preset modes I will probably try to do a reset if I can't figure out the solution.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-10-2014, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight View Post

Hi afrogt, Thanks a lot for your response. I have a Polk Monitor II series for my front and CS2 for my center speakers. So I think it won't be an issue for my speakers.

You are right, I can never use max volume to listen to anything. However, I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my receiver. I was just not sure if this a normal behavior for the preset modes I will probably try to do a reset if I can't figure out the solution.

Once I had the same phenomenon, Denon wouldn't go above a certain MV setting which it did easily before. Then it came to my mind that I set my sub trim manually to max. +12 dB the day before coz of listening to some music that severely lacked bass and forgot about that setting. smile.gif

Check your settings before doing a microprocessor reset, or try to remember what you changed the day before. smile.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1613 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page