Advise on receiver to buy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-17-2014, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi forum, I am not up to date on the current receiver or the software available. I would appreciate some advise and recommendations. My receiver budget is $400-$650ish... In my living area I have installed a 5.1 in-wall surround sound. I have also pre-wired 2 speakers to the patio area that I'll probably add in the next year. The patio area would basically be for when watching games in the living area and walking outside with hopes to have the game playing over he patio speakers. I would like the receiver to wifi and blue-tooth so I can play music from iphone or iPad over the speakers. What would you recommend? I've looked a little at Denon x1000 and x2000 but I'm not familiar with either. Also looked at the denon e400. I'm not denon biased, I have just heard good things about them. Also would I need 7.1 since I want to add the patio at a later time? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcherry83 View Post

Also would I need 7.1 since I want to add the patio at a later time? Any help would be appreciated.

To power your zone 2 patio speakers, the 7.1 X-2000 can do it by assigining the additional channels as Zone 2. For the X-1000 you need an external amp connected to power Zone 2.

Lots of great info and help in the Denon E and X series thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/5100_50

I ended up with the X-2000, and it works great on my patio speakers. Both sets of speakers have independent volume control, helps get the balance between inside and outside just right.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr E400
Gear in this thread - E400 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page