4520ci vs SR7008 vs X4000 with an Emotiva XPA-3 to run the F/R/C - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

All three are within the amount I can spend but I also don’t want to pay for things I don’t need.

4520ci vs SR7008 vs X4000 with an Emotiva XPA-3 to run the F/R/C

My main concern with these receivers is which one will have (if any) the most noticeable best sound quality when listening to music.  I'm pretty sure they will all be great at movies. 

I will not need more then 9.2

Klipsch reference speakers I use are rated at 150w rms 98db sensitivity so no issues there.  (RF82ii/RC62ii/RS62ii/RB61ii)

I am having a really hard time picking a receiver. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Are you pretty determined on buying the Emotiva XPA3? Your speakers fairly sensitive so I would think the 4520ci should be good enough to drive them properly with no external amplifier. I chose the 4520ci because it has the best amp section along with other features. If you use a subwoofer with your speakers it will take part of the load off the amp and so you shouldn't need an external one. You could use the money saved towards a good subwoofer (or two).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

The Emotiva was a last minute idea.  I could save money buying the X4000 and still use a separate amp to get the 9.2 setup in the X4000 since it only has 7 amp channels to use.  I agree with you I do not need separates for the speakers I'm using but the Emotiva may help it sound better.

I am seriously leaning the most toward the SR7008 because of sound quality.  Ive heard the Marantz sounds better with music then the the Denons.  I haven't heard any of these setups before so I'm going completely off of internet reviews.

I didn't list my subs by Im currently using two klipsch RW-12d's and will be upgrading to two Rythmik FV15HP by the end of the year.

post #4 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I own an emotiva xpa 2 and xpa 5 and when I bought them , I used to have polk audio TSI 7.1 and I can tell you I did not feel any upgrade over just using the receiver. I have then upgraded to the RTI series and I think it probably sounds better than it would have using just the receiver. But again their sensitivity is at 89db.

I currently own a Denon 4311ci and when I bought it I also had a marantz SR7005 and I felt that they sounded about the same. I kept the 4311 because of the XT 32. Others may disagree.

I have 3 of the Rythmik FV15HPs and they are really good subwoofers. They will be a worthy upgrade over your Klipschs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black93fiveO View Post

The Emotiva was a last minute idea.  I could save money buying the X4000 and still use a separate amp to get the 9.2 setup in the X4000 since it only has 7 amp channels to use.  I agree with you I do not need separates for the speakers I'm using but the Emotiva may help it sound better.

I am seriously leaning the most toward the SR7008 because of sound quality.  Ive heard the Marantz sounds better with music then the the Denons.  I haven't heard any of these setups before so I'm going completely off of internet reviews.

I didn't list my subs by Im currently using two klipsch RW-12d's and will be upgrading to two Rythmik FV15HP by the end of the year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-19-2014, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your knowledge and input on this. I placed my order for the 4520ci this morning. I will always wonder what the marantz would have been like compared to this but I don't think there is any way I will regret my decision
post #6 of 8 Old 02-21-2014, 03:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
I have the 4520ci, the XPA3 and other Emo power amps and am very satisfied. My speakers are about 85db/watt efficient but are 4 ohms.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-21-2014, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

What made you decide to use the 4520ci since youre using separate amps
post #8 of 8 Old 02-22-2014, 03:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Because it is far less expensive than comparable pre-pros. I use separate amps because my L/C/R speaker's are DIY active using miniDSPs. If it weren't for this the internal amps would probably been adequate.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Marantz Sr7008 , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Emotiva Xpa 3 Amplifier , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rb 61 Ii Reference Series Bookshelf Loudspeakers Black Pair , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Fv15hp Subwoofer
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page