Wireless headphones through TAPE OUT - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-21-2014, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a Sherwood RX4503 receiver in my bedroom which is connected to my blu-ray player and Dish network hopper box for sound.  I recently was given a set of Sony wireless headphones and tried hooking them up to the receiver to listen to movies while in bed as to not disturb the wife.  I tried connecting the transmitter base to the TAPE OUT rca (red/white) connection on the back of my receiver.  I can set the receiver to TUNER and listen to the radio fine, but when I switch to TAPE, which is where the sound from the Dish box is connected (TAPE IN), I cannot pick anything up.  Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-21-2014, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereonovice112 View Post

I tried connecting the transmitter base to the TAPE OUT rca (red/white) connection on the back of my receiver.  I can set the receiver to TUNER and listen to the radio fine, but when I switch to TAPE, which is where the sound from the Dish box is connected (TAPE IN), I cannot pick anything up.  Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Hi stereonovice112, is there sound from the connected speakers if Dish Box are connected to Aux or CD input?
post #3 of 8 Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Yes. I can connect the dish box to the tape, CD or aux inputs and get sound from the speakers when tuned to those inputs, but not from the headphones. Is that what your asking?
post #4 of 8 Old 02-22-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereonovice112 View Post

Yes. I can connect the dish box to the tape, CD or aux inputs and get sound from the speakers when tuned to those inputs, but not from the headphones. Is that what your asking?

Yes. Is the Dish Box audio menu set to dolby digital 5.1? If so, see if Tape Out work if you set it to 2ch stereo.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-22-2014, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

I will try that, but here's another bit of info...I can hook the dish box red/white cables directly to the transmitter and get the audio in headphones without changing the audio settings.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-25-2014, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Still no luck.  Tried changing audio settings as recommended, and get the same result.

post #7 of 8 Old 02-25-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
do you have any digital connections interconnecting things? There may be some "restrictions" if you have both digital AND analog connections connected from the same source.... maybe. What does your front panel indicate the incoming signal is when you select "tape"? Further have you checked the spec for the inputs?
post #8 of 8 Old 02-26-2014, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

No digital connections on the receiver.  Haven't read the specs (but you may be on to something, haha!!).  There is a headphones connection on the front of the receiver.  I will probably just end up using that...I just didn't want to have connections on the front because the receiver is visible and with everything connected in the back, it gives a cleaner look.  Also, I was going to setup the bedroom receiver as a "slave" to my living room receiver using the same OUT connection, and was worried that if I can't get a signal on the headphones using that connection, I may not be able to get a signal when trying to connect the two receivers.  Thanks again for the advice!

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Sherwood Rx 4503 2 X 100 Watt Rms Dolby Virtual Surround Sound Receiver Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page