Pioneer VSX-1326 also known as VSX-53 HDMI Passthrough Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-22-2014, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am trying to figure out how to get the Pass Through functioning.

I have my STB connected to the receiver and the receiver outputs thru HDMI to TV.

Apparently it is possible to have the receiver turned off and the sound and video will still pass through and use the TV solely for output.

I have turned on the Control with HDMI functions on the receiver however when I power off the receiver I get no picture and no audio. According to the manual on page 49 it should work?

It's a little confusing because I can't seem to find if standby mode is the same as power off.

Manual Link

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/POCEN/Files/VSX-1126-1326%20Manual.pdf

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13

Have you set the HDMI set up on page 51 to "THROUGH"?

Set it us this way for the input on your receiver that you want to pass through. This should work.

post #3 of 8 Old 02-22-2014, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Okay so it seems that to see HDMI in the menu the TV first has to be off then the HDMI option is available.

I was able to change it to Pass Through on the receiver however when I turn the TV on it goes through the amp just the same, and when I turn off the amp there is still no audio or picture on TV.

I am now able to change the Pass Through function on the receiver because I had the sync feature enabled on the TV. Once I turned that off the HDMI Pass Through on the Receiver was able to be changed easily.

However I still have to leave the receiver on in order to see the picture and sound. The manual for the receiver keeps mentioning Standby Mode but doesn't say how to put it in that mode. Pressing the power button just turns off the receiver?

https://docs.sony.com/release/KDL65W850A_imanual_EN.pdf
post #4 of 8 Old 02-23-2014, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob james View Post

That's the strange thing, I find this manual a bit confusing, however when I follow page 51 the HDMI option does not show in the menu. At the top of page 51 it says some items may not appear depending on the state of your receiver???

There is a note F: that says see page 48 as synchronized Amp Mode must be turned on.

I have set it up that way on TV as soon as I turn on TV the amp turns on.

It is quite strange that you do not get the HDMI option that is on page 51!  Scroll through the audio settings one more time and make sure you are not getting it.

The ARC setting should not interfere with the pass through, but just to make sure try with the ARC off.

Even after setting everything up properly my receiver ( SC-1323) was not giving me audio pass through (video was working fine), but then it started working by itself, just like that. I guess pioneers do have some issues with pass through.

post #5 of 8 Old 02-23-2014, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

I do now get the HDMI pass through option when I turn off the Sony Sync option in menu. I can then use the receiver to change from pass through or amp, but still when I turn off the receiver the TV stops. May be that Pioneer has some sort of bug, but this is frustrating.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-24-2014, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Extremely frustrating trying to decipher where the problem lies, however when I have Bravia Sync enabled on the TV, and the receiver is on the TV knows this and changes the audio output to the receiver. This leads me to believe there is something on the receiver that is stopping the proper functioning of the pass through.

When I turn the receiver off the TV shows that it is transferring audio to TV so the connection is there however when the receiver fully shuts down the TV goes blank.

I wonder if anyone who owns a Pioneer AVR may be able to chime in on this problem as well. I am wondering if anyone has this function working on Pioneer receivers.

Thanks
post #7 of 8 Old 03-08-2014, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Bump anyone with a Pioneer have HDMI pass-through working with the Receiver turned off?
post #8 of 8 Old 04-09-2014, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Still no solution the only way to have the pass through working is leaving the receiver on and using the pass through that way. Defeats the purpose having power on the receiver though.

Anyone with a Pioneer have this working ??
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page