Need help understanding receiver audio outputs. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-22-2014, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What are the DVR/BDR outputs on this receiver for? It's right under where it says AUDIO I've tried reading the manual but it doesn't say anything.

To be honest with you, what I was hoping to do with it was use it to connect it to my Turtle Beach Wireless Headsets. So when I'm gaming (or want audio privacy), just switch to it and have it output it to the RCA inputs on the Turtle Beach. Can this be done?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-22-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 151
They are recording outputs. Probably fixed level so the volume control won't affect them. But whether they are always active with the selected input IDK. You will have to have a stereo input not multi channel
aftcomet likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-22-2014, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftcomet View Post

To be honest with you, what I was hoping to do with it was use it to connect it to my Turtle Beach Wireless Headsets. So when I'm gaming (or want audio privacy), just switch to it and have it output it to the RCA inputs on the Turtle Beach. Can this be done?

Hi aftcomet, will only work with the analog IN (white & red) just below it. Connect the game console using RCA white & red and change the audio input signal for DVR/BDR Input to "A" (Analog) by pressing "Receiver" and then "Signal Sel" button.
aftcomet likes this.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-22-2014, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The responses are much appreciated guys. What if I used the Headphone jack. Could I input everything as HDMI and listen to headphones that way when I wanted to? If so, would I be able to control the volume through the receiver?

And using a headset with my receiver as opposed to outputting audio to it directly from the game system, what would sound better?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page