Can someone help me out with 2-channel listening modes on Onkyo TX-NR818? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-04-2014, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just bought an 818 from a member on another forum and I don't want to keep pestering him with questions so I'm asking here.

I cannot figure out how to listen to a CD in Stereo mode (or 2.1). I would want Audyssey active as well. It seems like everything is stuck in THX surround modes. I also can't figure out how to set the receiver to "auto" decode so it sets itself based on the incoming signal. I have searched the message boards and I can't believe I cannot find a simple explanation to this. The manual is, naturally, no help.On my previous Marantz and Denon AVRs they had an "auto" button that performed that function. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-04-2014, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Just figured it out. I was playing around with the 818 for some time and the clouds suddenly lifted and I was at one with the Onk.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-05-2014, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohfan2112 View Post

Just figured it out. I was playing around with the 818 for some time and the clouds suddenly lifted and I was at one with the Onk.

Great that you figured it out. Post up on how you were able to figure it out so if others have the same issue, then the question would be already answered.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-05-2014, 04:41 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Home button > Setup > Unlocked > Listening Mode Preset where you can set all your listening preferences for bdp, cdp, tv, phono etc! biggrin.gif

"To the journey..."
LG 60PV450
Onkyo TX-NR818
Polk RTi A7 Mains
Polk RTi CSi A6 Center
Polk RTi A5 Wides & Surrounds
HSU VTF2-Mk4
Teac PD-H600
Marantz BD7004
Dual 1218
post #5 of 5 Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtxgringo View Post

Home button > Setup > Unlocked > Listening Mode Preset where you can set all your listening preferences for bdp, cdp, tv, phono etc! biggrin.gif

That's what I was doing but couldn't figure out how to make the change stick. Upon subsequent tries I noticed that Onkyo's GUI on the bottom right of my TV screen said "ENTER to choose," or something like that. That was my mistake...I was scrolling through the options but never activated them by hitting "enter." The reason I didn't see it at first was that the GUI's overlay is transparent and I didn't notice the text on the bottom due to the channel I happened to be watching at the time. It just got "camouflaged." That's my story and I'm sticking to it! smile.gif Now I just have to figure out how to assign my favorite settings to the remote.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818
Gear in this thread - Nr818 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page