Denon AVR-2312CI - Send HDMI audio to both connected speakers and TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-04-2014, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Denon AVR-2312CI and have always just used the speakers connected to the amp. However, recently I bought a wireless HDMI transmitter, so I would like to send the HDMI signal (audio and video) coming out of the receiver to the HDMI transmitter (so I can then watch the signal elsewhere in the home). I've found the setting for HDMI Audio Out, which works exactly as advertised -- when I have it set to Amp, I get sound from my speakers. When it's set to TV, I then have sound send through the HDMI signal. Has anyone found a way to have both?? I'd like to have the amp always drive the speakers connected to it, but also send the audio through HDMI. I haven't figured out how to make that happen.

For what it's worth, here's the essence of my setup. Everything is HDMI to HDMI, so there's not much mystery.

Panasonic Blu-ray -- HDMI connection to the 2312CI
Apple TV -- HDMI connection to the 2312CI
ChannelMaster DVR+ -- HDMI connection to the 2312CI
2312CI HDMI monitor out to Iomega HDMI transmitter
Passthrough HDMI from HDMI transmitter to Samsung TV
In the basement of the house, Iomega HDMI receiver to another home theater setup. This is what I want to be a full mirror of what's coming out of the 2312CI.

Thanks for any insights!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-04-2014, 06:39 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked: 1747
It's either TV or AMP but not both. You would need to upgrade to the successor model, X3000 to get Zone 2 (HDMI) output with the capability to pass audio/video out to another TV or AVR while the source is playing to surround speakers in the main zone.
bmlors likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 03-04-2014, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the quick and decisive reply. That was my fear, as I really don't want to buy any more toys. I have 2 HDMI splitters already collecting dust -- I think I'll likely end up just picking 2 inputs (no Apple TV sent to the basement!) and split the HDMI signals prior to running to the amp. The IOMEGA device has two inputs, so I'll run to those from the splitters. I believe this will probably work fine, but I was hoping to avoid more gadgets in the mix and just use the Denon as a glorified video switcher for the basement system. I guess I should have waited one more year to buy the Denon. smile.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked: 1747
Well 2 actually as the 2313CI replaced the 2312CI. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2312ci by PriceGrabber.com