2014 HDMI 2.0 receiver list??? - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 225 Old 06-23-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by symphara View Post
Judging by your enthusiasm you're doing nothing to 'cure' the 'problem'

What do you think the Denons do better, music or movies? The 4520 didn't come out too well in the reviews. Just curious, I'm looking to upgrade (it's infectious!) and I'm keeping my options open.
I watch movies daily and think the Denon handles them the best simply because of Audyssey. I love the way music sounds as well but both are really going to depend on your speaker/receiver combo as well as layout. I am actually going to buy the Denon AVR-X5200W when it comes out, hopefully in August or September, and move my 2313ci to my bedroom. And nope I am doing nothing to "cure" my "problem" hahahaha.
doctorwizz likes this.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 225 Old 06-24-2014, 04:19 AM
Member
 
ambidexterous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwichaudio View Post
I mean id consider other brands but to be honest, I have never heard a receiver as good as the pioneer elites and I've owned a few over the years. What are your suggestions? Seems like you have some/ one. Thanks!
I hardly qualify to express my opinion having owned just one receiver in my life
The one I owned was Denon AVR-16xx - I liked it a lot, but it got stolen.

So I'm now waiting for x4100 to come out (I want HDMI 2.0) and then will see what the review says.


For me it's mainly movies & bit of a music ( for music I listen to lossless stuff, sometimes 96 bit rips from vinyl)
ambidexterous is offline  
post #183 of 225 Old 06-24-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidexterous View Post
I hardly qualify to express my opinion having owned just one receiver in my life
The one I owned was Denon AVR-16xx - I liked it a lot, but it got stolen.

So I'm now waiting for x4100 to come out (I want HDMI 2.0) and then will see what the review says.


For me it's mainly movies & bit of a music ( for music I listen to lossless stuff, sometimes 96 bit rips from vinyl)

Do you need all the added stuff that the x4100w will have like Dolby Atmos? If not you could always check out all their other new receivers which all have HDMI 2.0. Some of the lower end models only have one or two HDMI 2.0 ports but starting with the x3100 which is available for preorder all ports are HDMI 2.0.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
post #184 of 225 Old 06-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Member
 
cranster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 35
You'll have to translate it, but this is showing the x4100 to be 1500 euros, and says it's due in September.
http://www.cinenow.fr/articles/28834...z-le-programme
cranster is offline  
post #185 of 225 Old 06-24-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Here are the specs for the x4100w and x5200w plus a new Marantz. No pricing yet but this is in english.

http://www.twice.com/news/components...mponents/45756

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
post #186 of 225 Old 06-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Member
 
fulminis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
http://www.cepro.com/article/onkyo_g...a_v_receivers/

Some info about the higher end Onkyo and Integras. Atmos looks pretty cool, but it is too bad that they got rid of Audyssey. Seems like Denon AVR-X5200W might be the current front runner for me.
sikclown likes this.
fulminis is offline  
post #187 of 225 Old 06-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Member
 
ambidexterous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Do you need all the added stuff that the x4100w will have like Dolby Atmos? If not you could always check out all their other new receivers which all have HDMI 2.0. Some of the lower end models only have one or two HDMI 2.0 ports but starting with the x3100 which is available for preorder all ports are HDMI 2.0.
Thanks for advice. You're right I figured I don't need atmos so I went to denon's page had a look at available for pre order hdmi 2 avrs and compared the lowest one with the highest one

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Page...s500bt(denonna)

I could just live with the s500bt one when compared to x3100w however
None of them have the audissey xt 32

I'm not particularly concerned about number of ports or number of speakers but I do want the best possible sound I can get out of my 5.1 setup (with kef iq7's as mains). I figure that audissey is probably going to make some difference?
ambidexterous is offline  
post #188 of 225 Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidexterous View Post
Thanks for advice. You're right I figured I don't need atmos so I went to denon's page had a look at available for pre order hdmi 2 avrs and compared the lowest one with the highest one

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Page...s500bt(denonna)

I could just live with the s500bt one when compared to x3100w however
None of them have the audissey xt 32

I'm not particularly concerned about number of ports or number of speakers but I do want the best possible sound I can get out of my 5.1 setup (with kef iq7's as mains). I figure that audissey is probably going to make some difference?
Well they all have Audyssey in some form. The lower end ones have MultEQ, the mid to high mid range have MultEQ xt and then the x4100w and x5200w have MultEQ xt32 which is the best for sure but do you need that for a 5.1 system? That is up to you but I didn't move to the higher end receivers until I started using a larger setup. Here is a link to some quick info on audyssey flavors:
http://www.audyssey.com/technologies/multeq/flavors

Worth noting, my current receiver the Denon avr-2313ci has Audyssey MultEQ xt not xt32 and it still kicks ass.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
post #189 of 225 Old 06-25-2014, 03:46 AM
Member
 
ambidexterous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Well they all have Audyssey in some form. The lower end ones have MultEQ, the mid to high mid range have MultEQ xt and then the x4100w and x5200w have MultEQ xt32 which is the best for sure but do you need that for a 5.1 system? That is up to you but I didn't move to the higher end receivers until I started using a larger setup. Here is a link to some quick info on audyssey flavors:
http://www.audyssey.com/technologies/multeq/flavors

Worth noting, my current receiver the Denon avr-2313ci has Audyssey MultEQ xt not xt32 and it still kicks ass.
You know what, you did get me thinking, mate!
I pre ordered AVR-X1100W

Cheers
ambidexterous is offline  
post #190 of 225 Old 06-25-2014, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 173
The new high-end Yamahas with HDMI 2.0 were announced (RX-A2040 and 3040). Initially there was no mention of Dolby Atmos, but apparently it will be added in a firmware update: http://uk.yamaha.com/en/news_events/...al/dolbyatmos/

Not sure what to make of the late addition of Atmos. I hope they are not just reacting to the other announcements and trying to squeeze it in with barely enough DSP processing power.
kriktsemaj99 is online now  
post #191 of 225 Old 06-25-2014, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidexterous View Post
You know what, you did get me thinking, mate!
I pre ordered AVR-X1100W

Cheers
I would have gone with the x2100w only because it has 4k/60 on all HDMI inputs vs only on HDMI slots 4 and 5 plus the OUT but still a good choice on the x1100w

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
post #192 of 225 Old 06-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Member
 
ambidexterous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I would have gone with the x2100w only because it has 4k/60 on all HDMI inputs vs only on HDMI slots 4 and 5 plus the OUT but still a good choice on the x1100w
Works for me. I do everything through PC. No blurray players, game consoles. Figured no need to pay for extra ports that I don't use anyway.
sikclown likes this.
ambidexterous is offline  
post #193 of 225 Old 06-27-2014, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kikkenit2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 1,537
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Pioneer rep claims only Onyo has hdcp 2.2 in 2014. But they don't have hdmi 2.0. No chip can do both? Bummer.
Pioneer SC LX88 - 9.2 ch, Dolby Amos, HDMI 2.0

"Regarding HDCP 2.2, none of our AVR's support it this year. Pioneer (As well as Denon and Yamaha) opted for full bandwidth HDMI 2.0 (18gbps) so that we can support 4:4:4 content as well as high dynamic range and expanded color gamut signals which require more that 10.2gbps. There currently is not a single chip solution that offers both 18gbps and HDCP 2.2. Onkyo decided to go with HDCP 2.2 by using a different brand HDMI repeater, however there HDMI 2.0 solution only offers 10.2gbps of bandwidth (Same has HDMI 1.4)."
kikkenit2 is offline  
post #194 of 225 Old 06-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Member
 
hackztor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Better zone 2 support (outside speakers) with denon x4100. Digital sources as well as independent sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidexterous View Post
Ok,

Are we paying double the price for a better sound optimization solution or there's more to it to justify the double price?
Would I feel much difference on my KEF 5.1 setup with IQ7s as mains while watching movies or I would need better speakers to appreciate the difference that Denon X4100 would provide over the Sony STR-DN850?
hackztor is offline  
post #195 of 225 Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Member
 
ambidexterous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackztor View Post
Better zone 2 support (outside speakers) with denon x4100. Digital sources as well as independent sources.
Sorry for my ignorance, could you explain what zone 2 means. Is it like I can set some source to play in bathroom or something? If yes does zoning like that work simulateniously e.g. I watch a movie and wife is listening to radio in the bath? Also I didn't get it about independent sources? How does that tie into this?
ambidexterous is offline  
post #196 of 225 Old 07-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Member
 
symphara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidexterous View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, could you explain what zone 2 means. Is it like I can set some source to play in bathroom or something? If yes does zoning like that work simulateniously e.g. I watch a movie and wife is listening to radio in the bath? Also I didn't get it about independent sources? How does that tie into this?
I haven't specifically looked at this Denon, but yes, that's what multi-zone does.
symphara is offline  
post #197 of 225 Old 07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Member
 
fulminis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkenit2 View Post
Pioneer rep claims only Onyo has hdcp 2.2 in 2014. But they don't have hdmi 2.0. No chip can do both? Bummer.
Pioneer SC LX88 - 9.2 ch, Dolby Amos, HDMI 2.0

"Regarding HDCP 2.2, none of our AVR's support it this year. Pioneer (As well as Denon and Yamaha) opted for full bandwidth HDMI 2.0 (18gbps) so that we can support 4:4:4 content as well as high dynamic range and expanded color gamut signals which require more that 10.2gbps. There currently is not a single chip solution that offers both 18gbps and HDCP 2.2. Onkyo decided to go with HDCP 2.2 by using a different brand HDMI repeater, however there HDMI 2.0 solution only offers 10.2gbps of bandwidth (Same has HDMI 1.4)."

Here is some interesting text from Oknyo's website that states that one input on their TX-NR3030 supports HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0 and 4K@60. Still, this is definitely something to monitor and could significant issue with this first run of HDMi 2.0 capable receivers.

All HDMI terminals feature the latest HDMI specification to support 4K video at 60 frames per second and 21:9 cinema aspect. Now you can add enveloping 11.2-channel surround- sound to next-generation Ultra HD games and video for a breathtaking entertainment experience. The TX-NR3030 also supports HDCP 2.2 DRM copy protection via HDMI Input 3 and the main output, which is essential for viewing premium streamed and broadcast Ultra HD content.
fulminis is offline  
post #198 of 225 Old 07-01-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulminis View Post
Here is some interesting text from Oknyo's website that states that one input on their TX-NR3030 supports HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0 and 4K@60. Still, this is definitely something to monitor and could significant issue with this first run of HDMi 2.0 capable receivers.

All HDMI terminals feature the latest HDMI specification to support 4K video at 60 frames per second and 21:9 cinema aspect. Now you can add enveloping 11.2-channel surround- sound to next-generation Ultra HD games and video for a breathtaking entertainment experience. The TX-NR3030 also supports HDCP 2.2 DRM copy protection via HDMI Input 3 and the main output, which is essential for viewing premium streamed and broadcast Ultra HD content.
Yes it has one HDCP 2.2 port with 4k at 60fps but it cannot do 4:4:4,high dynamic range, expanded color gamut signals etc.
fulminis likes this.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
post #199 of 225 Old 07-01-2014, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kikkenit2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 1,537
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 89
The top of the line Pioneer Elite models have switched the front height speaker/preamp output to top middle this year.
kikkenit2 is offline  
post #200 of 225 Old 07-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Member
 
fulminis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austin
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Yes it has one HDCP 2.2 port with 4k at 60fps but it cannot do 4:4:4,high dynamic range, expanded color gamut signals etc.
I shouldn't be surprised, the bleeding edge is always bloody. I need to buy in September and was planning to make a decent investment in a higher end model with Atmos and XT32. Now the smart move seems like waiting for broadcom to release a fully capable chip and investing September of 2015. I guess running some extra direct HDMI's to the projector would also be an option in the interim.

I wonder if any of the receiver will be hardware upgradable? Probably not <$2k.
Utopianemo likes this.
fulminis is offline  
post #201 of 225 Old 07-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Member
 
DELTAsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 15
EDIT, OK so I found the Pioneer reps post saying that you can't have fully featured HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 on one chip. So if I get a receiver without HDCP 2.2 as I'm now leaning towards what am I giving up? It's just a form of copy protection, right? So it won't stop me from seeing future content on 4K Blu-ray with HDR and Rec. 2020 will it?

Samsung UA55HU9000, Klipsch Quintet 5.1, Onkyo TX-NR515AE, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U. Plus a bunch of old consoles.
XBL: DELTAprime, PSN: DELTAsnake, Wii U: DELTAprime

Last edited by DELTAsnake; 07-05-2014 at 05:11 AM.
DELTAsnake is offline  
post #202 of 225 Old 07-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
Dalumberjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Should change the name of this thread from hdmi 2.0 receiver lisf to hdmi 2.0 & hdcp 2.2 list as it seems like there will be less than a handful this year that can do both. Most manufacturers didn't want to invest in a two separate chip solution to have both as I can imagine it would increase the cost a chunk.
Dalumberjack is offline  
post #203 of 225 Old 07-05-2014, 04:43 AM
Member
 
ambidexterous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I ordered Denon AVR-X1100W - does it have hdcp 2.2 (can't seem to find that in the spec)?
I suppose I shouldn't care if i'm running everything from PC?
ambidexterous is offline  
post #204 of 225 Old 07-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Member
 
symphara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidexterous View Post
I ordered Denon AVR-X1100W - does it have hdcp 2.2 (can't seem to find that in the spec)?
I suppose I shouldn't care if i'm running everything from PC?
No it doesn't. HDCP2.2 is the rumoured standard for 4k BluRays, so you probably won't be able to play those at full resolution through your PC, whenever they come out.
symphara is offline  
post #205 of 225 Old 07-05-2014, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rhale64L7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Amherst,OH
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Krell foundation has added four hdmi 2.2 it says. This just got added in an add on board. I am assuming these are actually hdmi 2.0 with hdcp 2.2.
rhale64L7 is online now  
post #206 of 225 Old 07-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Member
 
ambidexterous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by symphara View Post
No it doesn't. HDCP2.2 is the rumoured standard for 4k BluRays, so you probably won't be able to play those at full resolution through your PC, whenever they come out.
I wonder if that's going to apply for netflix streaming when you run that from PC.

Anyway I will be downloading movies* straight to hard drive so I reckon this isn't going to be an issue.

*i assume there will be blurray (or whatever medium they come up with) rips for 4k content and surely some software based decoding that will take care of that encryption.
ambidexterous is offline  
post #207 of 225 Old 07-06-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidexterous View Post
I wonder if that's going to apply for netflix streaming when you run that from PC.

Anyway I will be downloading movies* straight to hard drive so I reckon this isn't going to be an issue.

*i assume there will be blurray (or whatever medium they come up with) rips for 4k content and surely some software based decoding that will take care of that encryption.
The only problem with 4K rips will be retaining the quality while trying to keep the file size manageable.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
post #208 of 225 Old 07-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Member
 
soapbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 40
So, am I getting this right - at the moment the only HDMI 2.0 AVRs with Audyssey XT32 are the two announced Denons: x4100w and x5200w?

But we do not know yet if Denon's HDMI 2.0 will actually support 18Gbps bandwidth for 4K,60Hz,4:4:4 resolution?

Displays: Samsung Curved 4K 65" UN65HU9000; Samsung 4K 28" U28D590D
Audio System: SVS Ultra 5.1 with SB-2000
Media Server: CoolerMaster Cosmos II, NVIDIA GTX 780Ti K|NGP|N, ASRock Z87 Extreme11/ac, Intel i7 4790K, G.Skill 32GB 2133MHz, 4x1TB Samsung 840 EVO, 11x6TB Seagate ST6000DX000, Creative Titanium HD
soapbox is offline  
post #209 of 225 Old 07-06-2014, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbox View Post
So, am I getting this right - at the moment the only HDMI 2.0 AVRs with Audyssey XT32 are the two announced Denons: x4100w and x5200w?

But we do not know yet if Denon's HDMI 2.0 will actually support 18Gbps bandwidth for 4K,60Hz,4:4:4 resolution?
They absolutely will. Just no HDCP 2.2
sikclown is offline  
post #210 of 225 Old 07-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Member
 
soapbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 40
That's great. As a HTPC user I'm not concerned with HDCP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
They absolutely will. Just no HDCP 2.2

Displays: Samsung Curved 4K 65" UN65HU9000; Samsung 4K 28" U28D590D
Audio System: SVS Ultra 5.1 with SB-2000
Media Server: CoolerMaster Cosmos II, NVIDIA GTX 780Ti K|NGP|N, ASRock Z87 Extreme11/ac, Intel i7 4790K, G.Skill 32GB 2133MHz, 4x1TB Samsung 840 EVO, 11x6TB Seagate ST6000DX000, Creative Titanium HD
soapbox is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Sony Str Da2800es Es 7 2 Channel 4k Av Receiver With Automation
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off