Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #1 of 90 Old 03-12-2014, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Just received the press release, it is confirmed that all Pioneer and Elite receivers will have HDMI2.0 and new MCACC which includes bass EQ!

http://wp.me/p2Pga3-nt

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 Old 03-12-2014, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 514
I knew I resisted the upgrade bug for a reason, plus Steve was hinting as if something like bass mgmt was coming. Looks like I could be going back to Pioneer after 2 plus years with a Denon 4311. Please link when you can. Thanks.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014
post #3 of 90 Old 03-12-2014, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Link added!

my home theatre

post #4 of 90 Old 03-12-2014, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

And I just bought the SC-75...oh well, at least I'm already using DSPeaker Antimode 8033s for my sub biggrin.gif

my home theatre

post #5 of 90 Old 03-12-2014, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Just received the press release, it is confirmed that all Pioneer and Elite receivers will have HDMI2.0 and new MCACC which includes bass EQ!

Thanks for the info.
post #6 of 90 Old 03-12-2014, 11:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:

Here's what the Pio website says about HDMI 2.0
Quote:
Offering 7 HDMI 2.0 inputs, the VSX-1124-K handles 4K2K Ultra HD video at 60 frames per seconds. 4K Ultra HD is the latest high-definition video display format, with four times the resolution of 1080p. Ready to deliver 4K Ultra HD video signals to a compatible display, the Pioneer VSX-1124 supports home theater systems dedicated to producing the highest quality picture available today. HDMI 2.0 is also backwards compatible with earlier versions of HDMI. A future firmware update will allow 4:4:4 based 4K2K60P content to be handled offering up to 18GBPS throughput.
And Subwoofer EQ
Quote:
Subwoofer EQ determines the exact location and characteristics of your subwoofer, and makes adjustments using four different frequency parameters and an extremely low-latency DSP to reduce phase and timing errors that are often found in other room calibration systems.

Sanjay
post #7 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 12:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

I knew I resisted the upgrade bug for a reason, plus Steve was hinting as if something like bass mgmt was coming. Looks like I could be going back to Pioneer after 2 plus years with a Denon 4311. Please link when you can. Thanks.

Same here. Almost bought a Marantz 7008 but figure HMDI 2.0 is right around the block.biggrin.gif
post #8 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 02:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 101
interested!!!

Panasonic 65" plasma*

Denon 4520* 

PSB T45* PSB B15* PSB C60*

Dual PSA XS30* Dual PSA XS15se*

Squeezbox*

Niles ZR-6 6 Source, 6 room Audio Reciever*

post #9 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Will the VSX-80 have D3 Amps or A/B Amps?
post #10 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

These are A/B amps. The yet to be announced SC-81, SC-85, SC-87, SC-89 will have the class-D amps.
SLIDEx likes this.

my home theatre

post #11 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

These are A/B amps. The yet to be announced SC-81, SC-85, SC-87, SC-89 will have the class-D amps.

Thanks for the INFO!
David Susilo likes this.
post #12 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post

Thanks for the info.
Quote:

In the interest of rumor control... see post # 11 in the earlier thread from Chris Walker of Pioneer Electronics:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1522219/2014-pioneer-elite-vsx-80-vsx-44-avrs-announced

Chris offered a clarification about which specific 2014 Pioneer AVR's announced to date that offer new MCACC which includes bass EQ. Apparently there was a typo in some web-pages yesterday, Wednesday March 12, 2014 that he fixed this morning.
post #13 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Folks will want to check carefully which version of MCACC is in the model they are looking at. Chris has said:

basic MCACC
advanced MCACC

and another yet-to-be-announced more advanced version in the top Elites with more capability.

I don't mean to be obvious but don't make assumptions when shopping as I've seen numerous posts over the last 2 years where people get a price "deal" then find out, or worse complain, that it doesn't have such & such. only yourself to blame if you don't do your homework smile.gif
David Susilo likes this.

Steve
post #14 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionanimal View Post

In the interest of rumor control... see post # 11 in the earlier thread from Chris Walker of Pioneer Electronics:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1522219/2014-pioneer-elite-vsx-80-vsx-44-avrs-announced

Chris offered a clarification about which specific 2014 Pioneer AVR's announced to date that offer new MCACC which includes bass EQ. Apparently there was a typo in some web-pages yesterday, Wednesday March 12, 2014 that he fixed this morning.
I did see the new Pioneer receivers on there site thanks tho.
post #15 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Here's to hoping at least the top units offer 11 channel capabities with more sophisticated sub eq.

Oh, AND more thorough control of digital sources to the additional zones!

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #16 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Guessing the Elites come out in July? I want one now.smile.gif
post #17 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

They will announce the SC series in June/July but the actual units usually won't be released until September around CEDIA time.
Cattledog likes this.

my home theatre

post #18 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 21
"and another yet-to-be-announced more advanced version in the top Elites with more capability."

I sure hope so!
post #19 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 48
hopefully the elites have some good amplification(and preouts), want to upgrade my old vsx-1018 to something with more hdmi ports

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #20 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Elite's class-D amp have been proven to be very solid and to be used as full-fledged pre-pro, I'd recommend SC-85 and up.

my home theatre

post #21 of 90 Old 03-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Well I am trying hard to wait patiently for the new top models!!!
post #22 of 90 Old 03-23-2014, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 22
My AVR died so I'm dead in the water. Sounds like the rumored SC-85 would be perfect, but don't know if I can wait that long with a useless theater. I just bought a 3d projector upgrade as well. Looking at the marantz 7008 vs the SC-75/77. Better MCACC and sub eq would tip the scales.
post #23 of 90 Old 03-23-2014, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

I will probably head back to pioneer as well. Though I'll wait till there are good hdmi 2.0 4k TVs.
post #24 of 90 Old 03-23-2014, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope the upper models have usb on the back.
post #25 of 90 Old 06-05-2014, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

So my new 79" 4k tv and full rbh reference series are being installed next week and I have no receiver...just my old 94-TXH. I was inches away from buying the sc-77 but held off last week due to lack of hdmi 2.0. any idea or new info on when the sc-87 will hit the market? I can't have all this new tech and not be able to use it!!! I'm so tempted to buy the integra 60.4 just so I can get rolling but I know the pioneer is going to be sick and I will regret later!! Any news or thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you
post #26 of 90 Old 06-05-2014, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

They are planned to be announced just before CEDIA and should hit the streets at the end of September.

my home theatre

post #27 of 90 Old 06-23-2014, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Was looking around the Pioneer site this morning and found this. Funny it's dated Wed. 06/25/14, the links to the receivers don't work, I have a feeling they will work Wednesday ;-)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...mos+Technology

I've been waiting all year for the SC-89, curved 4k is a go....

Ok looks like they took the link down , I'm sure because it's not supposed to be released until Wed. But I copied the text earlier, it's pasted below, enjoy:

PIONEER ELITE SC RECEIVERS ELEVATE YOUR SOUND EXPERIENCE WITH DOLBY ATMOS TECHNOLOGY
Consumers Feel Every Dimension with Class D3-Powered Receivers

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is again one of the first manufacturers to integrate the most advanced audio technology into its home entertainment products with the introduction of three high-end Elite® SC receivers that will support the exciting new Dolby Atmos technology for the home. The Elite SC-85, SC-87 and SC-89 9.2-channel audio video receivers are Dolby Atmos upgradable via a firmware update available by the end of the year and will make the multi-dimensional Dolby Atmos® experience a reality with their renowned Class D3 amplification technology, which can simultaneously deliver extremely high power output to all channels without loss in audio quality, and MCACC® Pro, a new enhanced version of Pioneer’s acoustic calibration system. Each receiver model also incorporates advanced technologies and convenient features including HDMI® 2.0, Roku Ready® Certified, HDBaseT™ (SC-89 only), multi-room and multi-source setup and playback configurations, ESS SABRE32 Ultra DACs™ (digital-to-analog converter), 192 kHz/32-bit audio scaler, iControlAV5 Application compatibility and more.

“Dolby Atmos is a new dimension in sound technology and it’s always our goal to be one of the first, and the best, in bringing these types of advancements into the home theater space,” Chris Walker, director of AV product planning and marketing for the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The new Dolby Atmos upgradable Elite SC receivers, along with our new Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers, are the best way to experience Dolby Atmos because of their ability to provide ample power through Class D3 amplification, and room calibration feature with MCACC Pro.”

Enhanced Performance

Dolby Atmos – With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill the home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth Pioneer’s Elite SC-85, SC-87 and SC-89 receivers will be able to decode and play back Dolby Atmos content for consumers to enjoy in their compatible home theaters. Combined with Pioneer’s new line of Dolby Atmos-enabled Elite speakers, users will have access to the ultimate immersive home theater experience without the hassle of installing overhead speakers1.
Class D3 Amplification – Pioneer SC receivers are engineered to operate at extremely high output levels with virtually no background noise or loss in performance, even when all channels are simultaneously driven at full volume. The Class D3 amplifier technology delivers incredible sonic performance and ultra-low distortion to release the true audio potential of high-resolution audio content as well as other high-definition uncompressed sources such as Blu-ray Disc™ titles. The Class D3 amplifiers produce the required power to maintain controlled and powerful audio response throughout the entire length of a Dolby Atmos experience.
MCACC Pro – MCACC Pro fully supports the surround format of Dolby Atmos with an acoustic calibration system that automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, distance, and level as well as the room’s layout including ceiling height, and changes equalizer settings for an excellent audio response. MCACC Pro works with both Pioneer’s Dolby Atmos-enabled Elite speakers and in-ceiling speakers. Newly added to the 2014 MCACC Pro feature is the addition of independent dual subwoofer output as well as 4-band subwoofer EQ for increased sound quality in the low frequency range.
ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC – Each SC receiver uses multiple SABRE32 Ultra DACs to process information for each individual output channel, resulting in outstanding sound quality. The SABRE32 Ultra DAC produces warm, more natural audio as well as a linear response so audio changes are more subtle with less jitter.
USB 32-Bit Asynchronous Audio DAC (SC-89 only) – The top SC model incorporates a USB 32-Bit Asynchronous Audio DAC allowing direct connection to both Windows® and Mac computers. Music played from the computer utilizes the highly accurate audio optimized clock within the receiver, resulting in less jitter and delivering studio-like audio reproduction. Additionally, the SC-89’s USB DAC supports DSD Native playback (both 2.8Mhz and 5.6Mhz) via Mac and Windows computers.
Simplified Operability and Installation

Custom Installation – For advanced home theater control, the receivers are certified for compatibility with the most popular custom control brands including Crestron® and Control4®, and offer custom installation features including full two-way RS-232 and IP control.
HDBaseT (SC-89 only) – The SC-89 model uses the HDBaseT standard for a one wire multi-zone connection. It enables the delivery of uncompressed high definition video and audio, over a single cat5e/6 cable to make setup and control of even the most complex home theater systems faster and easier.
Multi-Zone Network Capabilities – The SC-85, SC-87 and SC-89 are built for maximum installation flexibility offering a variety of multi-zone set-up configurations. All nine speaker channels can be reconfigured 11 different ways (12 with SC-87 and SC-89), all controllable from the receiver and/or user’s portable device via the iControlAV5 App (available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and Android™ OS devices). In addition to a true 9.2-channel speaker setup, each amplifier can produce a 5.1-channel configuration, with the extra outputs utilized for powering different zones that can be independently controlled.

All three models offer simultaneous entertainment from different sources in up to four zones – a main zone, a powered Zone 2 (two speakers in a second room), a powered Zone 3 (two speakers in a third room) and HDZONE (additional HDMI source to a fourth room). In these setup configurations, users have the ability to adjust tone (treble and bass), volume and balance (left and right), and the option to incorporate a subwoofer to create a more powerful 2.1-channel system (for Zone 2).
iControlAV5 Application – Pioneer recently developed iControlAV5, a new app enabling wireless control over the features and functionalities of its 2012, 2013 and 2014 line of receivers from the convenience of various portable digital devices. The app incorporates multiple controls from basic volume adjustments and input selection to advanced features such as equalizer adjustments and management of audio settings and modes, including full control of the Roku® Streaming Stick. With both models, iControlAV5 adds AV Scaling, enabling manual override of a television’s native setting for easy adjustment of video scaling. The app is available at no charge from www.AppStore.com or the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The app is also available in Google® Play (www.GooglePlay.com) for Android devices.
AVNavigator Built-In – Pioneer’s AVNavigator is a two-way interactive owner’s manual that removes the complications of setting up a receiver. New for 2014, the SC models feature AVNavigator built in, eliminating the need to upload the software to a computer or laptop. Simply connect the receiver to a home network and launch the web browser. The functionality is also included in the iControlAV5 app where users can tap the AVNavigator icon in the application. AVNavigator features Pioneer’s Wiring Navi application, providing an interactive guide walking the user through the entire receiver setup process including speaker arrangement, sound optimization, connecting sources, MCACC calibration, renaming inputs, and more. AVNavigator also includes an Interactive Operation Guide application providing a linked two-way operation guide that gives users a way to learn about the receiver’s features (i.e. a push of the standard surround button on the front of the receiver takes the user directly to the portion of the manual that explains the standard surround feature).
Expanded Connectivity and Entertainment Sources

HDMI 2.0 – Pioneer was the first AV manufacturer to incorporate HDMI 2.0 into its line of receivers, bringing the latest advances in consumer entertainment into the home. Finalized in September 2013, version 2.0 of the HDMI specification offers a significant increase in signal bandwidth, now up to 18Gbps. The increased bandwidth provides support for new features such as 4K60p 4:4:4 color support. The 4:4:4 color support offers viewers the highest quality color reproduction available in content today, with no color loss when images are displayed on compatible 4K televisions screens. The ability to pass through a very high bandwidth signal without downgrading the image means that Pioneer receivers will serve as the perfect entertainment hub.
Roku Ready Certified – All models are Roku Ready certified, expanding the user’s world of entertainment with access to more than 1,000 entertainment channels of streaming movies, music, TV shows, news, sports and more. Utilizing the receiver’s built-in MHL® Connection located at the rear of the Elite SC receivers, users can simply plug in a Roku Streaming Stick™ to start using the device. For additional convenience, both models offer full control of the service from a Roku stick via the receiver’s remote control as well as the new iControlAV5 app.
Music Enthusiast – Offering a diversified listening experience, the receivers have access to today’s most popular Internet radio music services including Spotify®, PANDORA® and vTuner®. In addition, Pioneer incorporates the seamless connectivity standards of HTC Connect®, which enables wireless high quality music files to be shared between compatible HTC One® smartphones and Pioneer receivers.

The Pioneer Elite SC-85, SC-87 and SC-89 receivers will be available this fall with suggested retail prices of $1,600, $2,000 and $3,000 respectively.

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.

About Dolby Atmos
Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, multidimensional sound that places and moves specific sounds anywhere in the room, including overhead, to bring entertainment alive all around the audience.

Since its introduction in the cinema in 2012, Dolby Atmos has been embraced by all the major Hollywood studios, seven Academy Award® winning directors, and 16 Academy Award-winning sound mixers, among others. Later this year, entertainment enthusiasts will be able to enjoy Dolby Atmos in their home theaters.

To learn more about Dolby Atmos and home theaters, visit the Dolby Lab Notes blog here.

Last edited by chrisj979; 06-24-2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: link not working
post #28 of 90 Old 06-23-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
They are planned to be announced just before CEDIA and should hit the streets at the end of September.
I tried vsx-44 last weekend it sounded good.
post #29 of 90 Old 06-23-2014, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 22
perfect timing. Gonna be setting up my new theater, with Atmos, looks like I need to at least wire for in ceiling speakers for down the road.
post #30 of 90 Old 06-24-2014, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 75 Receiver

User Tag List