Denon 4520 network card problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-20-2014, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I am a huge denon fan. Have owned avrs 2311x2. 4311x2 and now a 4520. I bought the bluray 3313 as well for my new house. I am very familiar with there and how they work.

About three months ago it stopped talking to network. Everything seems find however as far as other functions. Didn't bother me at first but then went to try and connect it again. Didn't work. Called denon. They said it was a router and my fire wall. But my 4311 is connecting fine. So they said reset. I did every reset possible multiple times. Even reset the router. Nothing. Wasn't picking up IP address.

Called denon ALOT. One guy was somewhat helpful but the rest of them had no clue what they were talking about and very rude.

Finally ended up running a cable straight to the receiver from modem and still nothing. Did the same thing to blu ray player and it worked just fine. So long story short, it appears the network card went out on it and am sending it back and trying to get a new one.

Has anyone else has this problem????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-20-2014, 07:38 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 699
No but the problem is likely the router and its configuration. If you can run it with a wired Ethernet connection, that is best.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

That's what I am saying. I did that. It didn't work. Hard wiring it worked just fine when I tried with blu ray. Didn't work with the receiver. I even bought a new router. Reset everything. Still nothing. Every device works in my house but the receiver. Won't work when hard wired to router or with wireless network card.
post #4 of 8 Old 03-20-2014, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370ZYZFR1 View Post

So I am a huge denon fan. Have owned avrs 2311x2. 4311x2 and now a 4520. I bought the bluray 3313 as well for my new house. I am very familiar with there and how they work.

About three months ago it stopped talking to network. Everything seems find however as far as other functions. Didn't bother me at first but then went to try and connect it again. Didn't work. Called denon. They said it was a router and my fire wall. But my 4311 is connecting fine. So they said reset. I did every reset possible multiple times. Even reset the router. Nothing. Wasn't picking up IP address.

Called denon ALOT. One guy was somewhat helpful but the rest of them had no clue what they were talking about and very rude.

Finally ended up running a cable straight to the receiver from modem and still nothing. Did the same thing to blu ray player and it worked just fine. So long story short, it appears the network card went out on it and am sending it back and trying to get a new one.

Has anyone else has this problem????
Hello-if you bought the unit from an authorized Denon dealer, why not take it to a Denon authorized repair center and have it examine, and fixed, under warranty?
post #5 of 8 Old 03-20-2014, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

I think the company I purchased it from will send me a new unit because I haven't had it long. Otherwise the authorized dealer is supposedly 3 hours away from me. I have to mail it at my expense and hope it comes back ok. In the meantime I am out a unit and can't power my theatre.
If I can get a new unit I want to.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-20-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:

I think the company I purchased it from will send me a new unit because I haven't had it long. Otherwise the authorized dealer is supposedly 3 hours away from me. I have to mail it at my expense and hope it comes back ok. In the meantime I am out a unit and can't power my theatre.
If I can get a new unit I want to.[/quote
Is the company you purchased it from an "authorized Denon dealer? If they are not an authorized outlet, Denon will not honor any warranty work-they won't foot the bill. I hope that the people you purchased it from will send you a replacement.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-20-2014, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Yes. Of course they are I wouldn't buy without them being a certified dealer.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-20-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:

Yes. Of course they are I wouldn't buy without them being a certified dealer.

you should be "home free", which ever course of action you decide to take.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page