Denon 2112Ci--Help please: Pandora stops streaming and goes back to main menu? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2014, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 48
So I'm getting frustrated here trying to figure out why Pandora, after I select a station, will play for a bit, but then go back to the main menu of Internet Radio where you can select Spotify, Internet Radio, Napster, etc. I can go right back into Pandora and play music so my hunch is that it's not an internet problem. I also can't really judge how many songs it takes. But this morning it was around 4 songs and then bam, stopped streaming and back to the menu. I never had this issue with my Denon 1613 so I'm wondering if it's the receiver itself, although I know Pandora has its own issues from time to time.

Anyone experience this or know any work arounds? Is there anything within the receiver itself I could look at? I have already done a micrsoprocessor reset. Please help folks! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
have you checked for a firmware update?

Afro GT
Old 03-25-2014, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

have you checked for a firmware update?

Yeah I'm pretty sure. I thought it said "Current Firmware" or whatever. Does you know if resetting the microprocessor deletes the updated firmware? Do you have to redo that?

I do know that people have reported with this particular model that Pandora can be odd at times. For example, I couldn't figure out why at times that I couldn't skip a track even though I have just started listening to it. I sometimes have to change the station, then go back to the original station in order to skip a track. It's sometimes not even an available option. Never occured with my Denon 1613. Not sure if this is worth bringing up to Best Buy to get something different or not.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1962 Post(s)
Liked: 1745
Sounds like an issue with the AVR. Try a "soft reset" by unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes. If still no joy, then reset the microprocessor (p. 129 OM). And if yet still no joy, return it.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 03-26-2014, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Sounds like an issue with the AVR. Try a "soft reset" by unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes. If still no joy, then reset the microprocessor (p. 129 OM). And if yet still no joy, return it.

Thanks for the tip smoothie. I think it may just be a real random occurence with my AVR. I wanted to see if it would happen again last night, but it played for around 2 hours straight with no glitches. For whatever reason once in a rare occasion it will do that with Pandora. But it doesn't happen enough to warrant a return. Thanks folks for your thoughts.