Pioneer Elite VSX43 Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-28-2014, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Pioneer Elite VSX43 and have a setup question I was hoping someone could assist me with. I have a 3 channel soundbar with 2 rear speakers behind me and on the same back wall off to the side have two bookshelf speakers for stereo purpose.

I'm looking to be able to disable the front speakers (3 Channel Soundbar) and use both the zone 2 bookshelves and my rear speakers at the same time without disabling my subwoofer. I considered using a two way speaker selector to set up my rears as part of zone 2 while maintaining them as my rears but switching to zone 2 would disable my subwoofer.

Any help on this would be awesome, thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-28-2014, 03:17 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 813
No need to use zones. Just connect each speaker to its own amplifier on the receiver and connect the subwoofer to the subwoofer output connector. You could use the soundbar as a center channel.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-28-2014, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

No need to use zones. Just connect each speaker to its own amplifier on the receiver and connect the subwoofer to the subwoofer output connector. You could use the soundbar as a center channel.

The soundbar is a DefTech SSA3, so it uses 3 channels. And what I'm trying to figure out is how to disable it if I just want to listen to my bookshelves and surrounds for music. The soundbar works well for movies but ruins the sound of music.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-28-2014, 06:16 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1510n View Post

The soundbar is a DefTech SSA3, so it uses 3 channels. And what I'm trying to figure out is how to disable it if I just want to listen to my bookshelves and surrounds for music. The soundbar works well for movies but ruins the sound of music.

So don't use it for music. Set the receiver to stereo and nothing will go to the soundbar if it is connected to the center channel preamp output.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page