Does my ideal receiver exist? - AVS Forum
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Does my ideal receiver exist?
birarda's Avatar birarda 11:33 AM 04-12-2014

Moving to a new apartment and looking to replace a budget Onkyo 5.1 receiver with something that will better handle my ideal multi-room setup.

I want 5.1 in the main living room, and zone 2 stereo in my bedroom/kitchen.

It would be great to find a 3 zone receiver that wasn't crazy expensive, but otherwise I'm okay with the kitchen and the bedroom acting the same - I imagine I can get a splitter of sorts which would let me decide which set of speakers between the bedroom and kitchen are taking zone 2 output from receiver. I don't think I'll ever need both the kitchen and bedroom on at the same time.

I want 2 HDMI outputs to send one to a TV in the bedroom - it is fine if the receiver can only output to one at a time - which I guess means this could also be accomplished with an HDMI splitter and only one HDMI out on the receiver.

Something like the Onkyo TX-NR626 mostly fits the bill, but the biggest issue is that I can't output anything digital to Zone 2. This seems to be the case with most of the budget 7.2 receivers with multi-zone functionality. Is there anything under $500 that would be able to send a digital source to Zone 2?

jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 07:29 PM 04-12-2014
Not likely no, however, for a little more you can get the Denon X3000 which will output HDMI audio/video to Zone 2 or an independent HDMI stereo source to the either the Zone 2 speaker posts or Zone 2 pre-outs. Also comes with a 3 year warranty and more advanced version of Audyssey vice only 2 years with Onkyo.
kikkenit2's Avatar kikkenit2 12:56 AM 04-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by birarda View Post

Something like the Onkyo TX-NR626 mostly fits the bill, but the biggest issue is that I can't output anything digital to Zone 2. This seems to be the case with most of the budget 7.2 receivers with multi-zone functionality. Is there anything under $500 that would be able to send a digital source to Zone 2?
Many receivers will send stereo to zone 2 from usb or network inputs.
I stream mp3 music from computer to zone 2 using airplay.
Cro-man's Avatar Cro-man 06:14 AM 04-13-2014
HTR-7065 from New Egg may be something what you are lookng for.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
arnyk's Avatar arnyk 07:53 AM 04-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro-man View Post

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882115429

"Out of stock"

Speaks to the care that went into the recommendation?
kikkenit2's Avatar kikkenit2 12:25 PM 04-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro-man View Post

Actually that is the model I use. The 775 is on sale now. $50 lower last week though.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0MJ-0022-00014
Digital to zone 2 with party mode. Non nas computer detected so digital source not needed that much.
Up
Mobile  Desktop