Yamaha RX-V375/377 vs. Denon AVR-E300? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 05-02-2014, 04:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Good question, i'll be in the same boat pretty soon. Have gone with Yamaha, HK, Denon and Pioneer. The Yamy and Denon have had their issues but i've actually liked the Audyssey feature. confused.gif
I should rule out Denon because that HDMI handshake issue is annoying and Onkyo has had iffy reviews for a long time now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 05-02-2014, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the Yamaha is pretty awesome so far in my opinion. The sound seems super clear and plenty powerful. I haven't gone near the max volume yet. YPAO works just like Audyssey although I'm only finding the option for setting the mic up for one listening position at this point. Still sounds good all around my listening area. The Denon offered 5 listening positions I believe. No HDMI handshake issues with my Blu Ray player, TiVo box, or AppleTV, with the Yamaha, which is an improvement over the Denon. Just seems to work and do a real nice job. After owning both the Denon E300, and the Yamaha 375, I think it's safe to say they are both very capable, high quality receivers that will do a great job for those that don't need all of the fancy extra stuff that an AppleTV/Roku/Amazontv already offer. Other than the HDMI handshake issues I really liked the Denon. The Yamaha fixes that issue and I like it as well. Works for me.
post #33 of 34 Old 05-02-2014, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 89
The best receiver is the one that works properly. Good sound is pretty much a given. Ypao jumps from one mic position to eight when you step up to the 775. Now you know why I suggested that model. Just kidding. Ypao doesn't do much eq even with 8 position version. I measured it myself to be sure. It won't make the sound worse though. If you want flat bass response an external eq is required. Behringer feedback destroyer $100 is the cheapest.
post #34 of 34 Old 11-30-2014, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I am about to buy the RX-V377. For the last 2 or 3 years I'd been using the RX-V661. It never gave me any issues.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page