Problems with Yamaha receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-26-2014, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Howdy, I recently purchased RX V675 and have peen putting it through it's paces. So far I am not impressed as there seem to be some issues. Wanted to know from fellow Yamaha owners,if they too have this,and if any solution.
1) Very low Sub output. I was told to use Y-Splitter to increase sensitivity,yet to try it. Still it is a problem with receiver
2) YPAO sets subwoofer at -10db and speakers to high. This only worsens my issue 1.
3) Buggy software. Unplugged one usb ,inserted new one,sound output becomes very low. Switch off and switch on will solve this and sound is back to normal.
4) HDMI input to receiver from laptop doesn't work first time. Turn off and on the receiver,its fine
5) Some times, receiver outputs only black n white, faint video output to TV. Reboot of receiver does the trick again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-26-2014, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Yamaha receivers can be picky about detecting a subwoofer. A y cable will help. And once it is detected turn the subwoofer amp down and rerun ypao. If it is set to -9 then the sub amp is way too high. Turn the sub gain down until ypao sets it near zero. Some of that other stuff sounds defective. I can connect hdmi from my laptop to receiver no problem. And music files play from usb just fine. Try changing inputs back and forth to get it to refresh.
maheeinfy likes this.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page