Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheBlackPath

post #1 of 2 Old 05-13-2014, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi All! 3 weeks ago, suddenly I had no more sound coming out of my Denon 1908. It is connected like this:

BluRay player > HDMI
HTPC > optical for sound and DVI to TV
TV > stereo cable to the designed plugs on the Denon

I tried everything, including a hard reset, with no results. Then I tried to hook up the radio antenna and it did work. But the other components not.
The next day, when I was about to bring it to technical assistance.. I gave it a last try and it started working as usual.. no more problems.
Then.. I realized that when it was on AUTO input.. it would not recognize the signals from the devices.. and when it came back to life... the icon "digital" appeared again.

Sunday I was using it the whole day, as usual with no problems at all. Yesterday when I turned it on I have just seem that the "digital" icon was not there and was sure that sound would not come out. And I was right.

Now I am back to the point I was 3 weeks ago, with the difference that I know that the problem is somehow related to the AUTO system not reconizing the signals or something like this.
I have not done anything now.. no hard reset, etc..

Well.. some hint on what to do? I was really considering buying a new one.. but at the end of the day.. it will be just a new different problem.. I am sure! hehe Thanks!

UPDATE:

tried hooking/unhooking/changing cables etc.. no success...

tried to connect a CD player through EXT IN ... IT WORKS!

Radio.. no sound.

DID A HARD RESET > no success.. still doesn´t work with digital sources... BUT the radio now works. Really complicated...
arsen22 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-13-2014, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think that I did post at the wrong place.. I thought I was posting at The "Official" Denon AVR-788/1908 Owner's Thread ...
I tried to delete this post but it seems that I have no permission to do so... if some moderator could please move the post. Thanks and sorry!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page