The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 41 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1201 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
As other X2100W owners have not posted of these same issues, you may want to consider simply exchanging the unit.
I'm going to wait another week and actually troubleshoot first. Picture issue was with a cable box. AirPlay, I'm not sure what's going on there. Bluetooth I'm not sure about either.

I really only had everything hooked up for a week before I unhooked everything except the speakers to move (hence the experience with AirPlay/Bluetooth), so I still need to troubleshoot HDMI cables, a Microprocessor reset, the cable box, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My 20 day old X2100 has developed a couple issues,

1. The BT just quit and it my iphone/Ipad/Itouch could not locate it, a simple power off did not fix the issue but unpluged from wall and it did fix the BT issue.

2. I was watching BR movie and the Unit proceeded to cut itself off multiple times with the SLOW flashing red light which indicated overheat, Im not sure how that is cause its on open environment, after several power ons, it seemed to stay on. I have the latest firmware too.

NOW--Im gonna take this back since Im in my 30 day window for the multiple power downs, Should I splurge for the extra money and just get me the X3100W, I think it offers a beefier power supply and from what I read it has better Audio section than the X2100?
post #1203 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Cobra View Post

1. The BT just quit and it my iphone/Ipad/Itouch could not locate it, a simple power off did not fix the issue but unpluged from wall and it did fix the BT issue.
So this is totally not just me then, and I think at least compliments the earlier Bluetooth issues that were reported in this thread.
post #1204 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 12:47 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked: 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Cobra View Post

2. I was watching BR movie and the Unit proceeded to cut itself off multiple times with the SLOW flashing red light which indicated overheat, Im not sure how that is cause its on open environment, after several power ons, it seemed to stay on. I have the latest firmware too.

NOW--Im gonna take this back since Im in my 30 day window for the multiple power downs, Should I splurge for the extra money and just get me the X3100W, I think it offers a beefier power supply and from what I read it has better Audio section than the X2100?

1. The unit is not OFF unless you unplug it so simply setting it to Standby generally does nothing re: issue resolution. A soft reset requires unplugging the power ... generally 10 minutes is good.

2. What impedance are the speakers? What volume level when shut off? If 8-ohm at moderate volume levels, then replace.

X3100W will provide no more real power and uses same Audyssey XT, rather simply more features (eg. pre-outs, HDMI audio to Zone 2, Zone 2 HDMI monitor out, Audyssey DSX, etc.).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 08-14-2014 at 01:01 PM.
post #1205 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 12:51 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful View Post
So this is totally not just me then, and I think at least compliments the earlier Bluetooth issues that were reported in this thread.
AFAIK, there were only 2 BT issues previously posted ... one was resolved by exchanging the unit and the other by a reset.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #1206 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 12:52 PM

Like you said JD, the unit BT issue didn't fix itself till I unplugged it, Im really not sure what Ohm my speakers are, they are some older 5-set Polk Audio's and the volume was set low/mid range, nothing loud at all. Hmm I really dont need any of the extra stuff that the 3100 has from what you are saying, at least at this point. Is the Audyssey DSX an everyday feature I would use or need? What about the beefier power supply in the 3100?
post #1207 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 12:56 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Audyssey DSX = Front Wide, Front Height speakers

No real world difference in power.

post #1208 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Airplay/3100

I am running Yosemite with Itunes 12 on an Imac. When I opened Itunes I was surprised to see a little message saying it was connecting to an accessory(or some such thing) (last week I had added the 3100 to airplay) the little Icon said internet radio. The 3100 was powered off, I clicked a station, heard a click and the music started. I quickly tired of internet radio, so I clicked on an album in Itunes, it started and a little message popped up on the desk top, saying what was playing, each new song gets a pop-up. I do not have wifi or bluetooth activated on the Imac. It is working through the Asus router. I did not think it would be that simple, and that I could turn the 3100 on with the Imac.

Last edited by ronton3; 08-14-2014 at 04:17 PM.
post #1209 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 05:36 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Yup. As long as you have "IP Control" (p. 202 Owner's Manual) set to "Always ON", a remote app and other streaming apps can turn on the AVR.

post #1210 of 1649 Old 08-14-2014, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the new vip612 replacement dish box in, plugged it in and guess what?!

Still no audio.

Since the 722 works it has to be something with the 612.

Anyone else have a 612 that sends audio through HDMI?
post #1211 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krozman View Post
going to assume this uses a Bluetooth connection......so when my PC is playing via WIFI and I want to use my phone to change volume, that will work perfectly right?
It will most likely connect with WiFi like the existing app. And yes, it will work perfectly with things like changing volume using your phone, even the existing app can do that no problem.
post #1212 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tenser View Post
Thanks for your prompt answer. That's a shame, but not really a dealbreaker as long as Spotify Connect works reliably.

Did you have any info about the gapless playback ability on the new Denons? I guess just playing two consecutive songs in an album on any of the 2014 generation Denons would provide the answer - if someone could do that and let me know if there's an audible gap between tracks or if it's gapless, that would be so helpful! I'll be picking one of these up tomorrow and the store (hifiklubben.se, the only Swedish retailer) doesn't have it on demo yet since I'll basically be buying their first ordered items, otherwise I would have just tested this in the store.

Example songs:
  1. Metallica – The Ecstasy Of Gold (Live with the SFSO)
  2. Metallica – The Call Of Ktulu (Live with the SFSO)
Just play the last 10 seconds of the first song and listen carefully as it transitions to the next song. Hopefully it's completely seamless!

Big, big thanks in advance to anyone who has any of these 2014 Denon receivers and a Spotify subscription to test it out!

David
Quick follow-up: gapless Spotify playback *kind of* works. If you play back an album in order (random and repeated turned off), it will honor the gapless playback setting most of the times, but not 100% consistently. If you play those same songs in the same order but from a playlist, I found that there are gaps between the track, but not always. So it's not perfect but it's OK since it at least seems to work 95% of the times when you play back a full album.

Crossfade, while still an option in the Spotify settings panel when connected to your Denon receiver, does not work at all.

It's a shame that they couldn't implement both of these features since they're part of the Spotify experience and very useful for parties, but in those situations I guess I'll have to plug in a spare Android phone directly to an analog audio input or use Bluetooth streaming.
post #1213 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Dolby Digital on S700W

Hi all,

I just replaced my AVR790 with a S700W receiver due to needing 3d passthrough. On my 790, Dolby Digital would turn on during OTA/Cable broadcasts. With my new S700, nothing. In fact, once I hooked everything up and turned the tv on it was showing Stereo. I went into the different modes (Music, Movie, etc) but Dolby isn't an option, only PLII and NEO 6.

I ran 1 HDMI from my Samsung H7150 (ARC HDMI 2) to the output on the Denon. My Xfinity, Apple TV and BD Player are all inputs. The BD Player works fine, it switched to DTS HD during playback. The Apple TV and Cable box have to be switched manually to PLII.

I've tried searching everywhere for an answer to no avail. Did I miss a setting in the setup? Does DD not exist on the new Denon's? I went through all the options on the Denon and don't see anything out of place. I would think it should auto switch when it detects a DD signal??

Please let me know if you can steer me in the right direction to going back to DD. Thanks,
post #1214 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey1521 View Post

Still no audio.

I also lost volume once, after several attempts, unpluggings etc, I discovered Video in the set up menu, went to HDMI setup, HDMI audio out, and switched from AVR to TV, and then back to AVR and the volume came on, please try this. I have not had an issue since. ron
post #1215 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 05:04 AM

I finally got the X1100 and I have to say it sounds incredible! I've tested the X3000 and an Onkyo and a Marantz NR1504 in the past, and the Onkyo and Marantz just had MultEQ, while the X3000 has MultEQ XT like the X1100. Still, the X1100 sounds the best of all receivers I've tested. I'm sure it's related to the way you I did the measurements since I'm not aware of any changes in how Audyssey processes the sound in the X1100 vs the X3000. This time I made sure to follow the instructions strictly, which was to do all measurements within a 60 cm radius of the main listening position. With the X3000, I was trying to stay within a 30 cm radius, and maybe that contributed to over-compensating for the specific acoustics/resonance of that particular spot in the room.

Anyway, the X1100 with Audyssey turned on sounds balanced and fills the (known) lower midrange gap of my Elac Starlet 5.1 satellite speakers. The X3000, in comparison, filled that lower midrange gap too, but it also added some really harsh EQ on the upper treble range, making the sound feel pressured/pushed in an uncomfortable way compared to playing in Direct mode. Overall, I'm really pleased with the way Audyssey processes the sound and I don't see a reason to play in Direct mode anymore, whereas with X3000 I was switching back and forth and secretly preferring Direct mode despite all claims that Audyssey was compensating for the flaws of the speakers.

However, I have three questions:

1. I know the recommendations are to never lower the crossover frequency that Audyssey recommends. However, in my case the sub is rated up to 180 Hz, and Audyssey recommended a 200 Hz crossover for the surround speakers. Am I crazy to choose to lower the crossover to 150 Hz at that point? The satellites are rated down to 95 Hz (IEC 268-5) and per Elac's instruction manual, their recommended crossover setting is 120 Hz, but that's of course in ideal room/distance conditions. Still, 150 Hz ought to be fine and surely that must be better than deliberately leaving a gap between the subwoofer's cutoff limit of 180 Hz and the receiver's crossover setting at 200 Hz? And also, it's just the two surround speakers so I'm also tempted to say "who cares, they're not *that* important".
  2. Audyssey then set a 150 Hz crossover for the left and right front speakers, and a 120 Hz crossover for the center speaker. I decided to raise the left and right speakers to 150 Hz since I'm guessing that the sub will have far better ability to play in that 120-150 Hz range anyway and I can't locate those frequencies physically in the room so localization not an issue for me at 150 Hz. In other words, Audyssey recommended 120 Hz for the fronts, 150 Hz for the center, and 200 Hz for the surround speakers and I'm setting all speakers to 150 Hz. Is that fine or should I rethink this? Honestly, I can't hear a difference no matter what I choose here so it's mostly an academic conversation.
  3. I'm getting confused by the settings in X1100 because although Audyssey correctly measured the distance and levels of the speakers, there is a settings menu under Speakers > Levels that allows me to change these settings and they're all set to 0 dB when I enter it. However, if I go into Audyssey and review the settings it measured, the levels are set to completely different values like -6.5 dB for the center, -3.0 dB for the left front, etc. This makes me wonder, did it correctly *set* those levels on the speakers or did it merely *measure* them and I've somehow managed to override those recommended levels since the Speakers > Levels menu show all speakers at 0 dB? (As a possibly relevant side-note, it's the same when adjusting Dialog and Subwoofer level, they're set to 0 dB by default, but I would assume that's in order because that's meant to be an offset to the normal settings -- which btw seems to be a change from last year's generation where Dialog level was actually set to the Audyssey level, e.g. it could start off at -6.5 dB or something like that and you had to remember which setting Audyssey recommended).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Update on question nr 2: it appears I was wrong about the Elac sub's limit to 180 dB, though I'm a little confused. The specs say:

Quote:
upper cutoff frequency40 ... 180 Hz, selectable

frequency range (IEC 268-5)35 ... 240 Hz
This is confusing, because there's no way to bypass the crossover filter, it's just a knob that you can turn all the way up to 180 Hz. So it's unclear to me how steep the crossover curve is and whether it will still output sounds around 200 Hz or not. Still, am I not better off just lowering the X1100's crossover from 200 Hz to 150 Hz for those two satellites anyway to avoid starting to localize the sound of the surround speakers? And if there's a slight gap around 150-180 Hz in the satellites, so be it, it's just the surround speakers and not the front and center speakers?

- David

Last edited by David Tenser; 08-15-2014 at 05:21 AM.
post #1216 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronton3 View Post
I also lost volume once, after several attempts, unpluggings etc, I discovered Video in the set up menu, went to HDMI setup, HDMI audio out, and switched from AVR to TV, and then back to AVR and the volume came on, please try this. I have not had an issue since. ron
Unfortunately, I have tried this several times. Occasionally I will hear a crackling sound from the speakers but no audio. I also noticed that the AVR display on the dish source reads Stereo, which is odd since it would be 5.1 audio from there...
post #1217 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have tried this several times. Occasionally I will hear a crackling sound from the speakers but no audio. I also noticed that the AVR display on the dish source reads Stereo, which is odd since it would be 5.1 audio from there...
Do you have the dish audio settings at Dolby/PCM, and at line mode.
post #1218 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
X3000 v. X3100 "network" software/features

Just curious if there is any appreciable difference between the X3000 and the X3100 in terms of the network player software (DLNA, home network, Pandora, etc.)?

I mainly want DLNA. Don't care so much about SiriusXM, Pandora, etc. I play all my home audio from DLNA servers. Don't do any home network video, so don't care about that. Don't care about 4K TV right now, or HDMI 2. Also don't care about wifi or Bluetooth.

I currently use a WDTV SMP as my DLNA player into a Denon AVR-791 via HDMI and analog (for zone 2). Previously used an XBox 360.

I'd like to get rid of the WDTV and use a built-in solution, with maybe a nicer front end, remote/tablet control software, etc. I also understand that both the X3000 and X3100 support digital sources for zone 2 which is a nice bonus, otherwise I'd consider the X2100.

Anyway, since the X3000 and X3100 are similar in terms of features I want, and the X3000 is slightly cheaper, I'm curious if there's any difference in the network player/DLNA software?

Also, will either be a nicer "experience" than using the WDTV for DLNA audio?

Thanks in advance.
post #1219 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 08:24 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1V1D View Post
Hi all,

I just replaced my AVR790 with a S700W receiver due to needing 3d passthrough. On my 790, Dolby Digital would turn on during OTA/Cable broadcasts. With my new S700, nothing. In fact, once I hooked everything up and turned the tv on it was showing Stereo. I went into the different modes (Music, Movie, etc) but Dolby isn't an option, only PLII and NEO 6.

I ran 1 HDMI from my Samsung H7150 (ARC HDMI 2) to the output on the Denon. My Xfinity, Apple TV and BD Player are all inputs. The BD Player works fine, it switched to DTS HD during playback. The Apple TV and Cable box have to be switched manually to PLII.

I've tried searching everywhere for an answer to no avail. Did I miss a setting in the setup? Does DD not exist on the new Denon's? I went through all the options on the Denon and don't see anything out of place. I would think it should auto switch when it detects a DD signal??

Please let me know if you can steer me in the right direction to going back to DD. Thanks,
It's an option if a Dolby signal is being received, but based on your description the source is only passing a stereo signal. Press the INFO button on the remote to confirm.

post #1220 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronton3 View Post
Do you have the dish audio settings at Dolby/PCM, and at line mode.
Yes. I have switched to PCM only and that didn't help either.
post #1221 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1V1D View Post
Hi all,

It's not the receiver, it's the source. If Dolby Digital isn't an option then the receiver isn't getting it. You need to check your source settings (which may have reset themselves to stereo output when you swapped HDMI cables) and confirm they are enabled for multich digital output over HDMI.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #1222 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
It's not the receiver, it's the source. If Dolby Digital isn't an option then the receiver isn't getting it. You need to check your source settings (which may have reset themselves to stereo output when you swapped HDMI cables) and confirm they are enabled for multich digital output over HDMI.
Ahh, never thought of that. Kept going into my Samsung & Denon settings looking to change it. Need to check Apple Tv and the Xfinity. Any idea on how to do it on the X1 platform? Just got it and haven't played with it too much yet. I'll give it a try when I get home from work.

Thanks for the tips. This makes good sense since both are not showing DD, although I never had a problem with ATV when swapping cables. Leaves me with some hope at least…lol
post #1223 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Still no audio.

I just got a New Dish setup about a week ago and all is well with my X2100W using just HDMI--Ill look and see what Dish box I have.
post #1224 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 01:51 PM

Looking for some input from all the Denon experts. I have owned a few Denon receivers and currently own the 4311. This past weekend I helped a friend install/setup his new X1100. The problem is this: When it comes to his X1 Infinity platform and the X1100 everything works fine until he goes to watch any recordings from the DVR, then he loses any 5.1 DD signal and all shows only come in stereo. If he goes back to live TV everything still comes in only stereo. If we turn everything off, then back on again he then gets the 5.1 signal back. My gut tells me its an Xfinity issue, but am wondering if anyone might think the problem could be something else. I have checked the denon and Xfinity settings over a few times. I'm stumped.
Thanks
post #1225 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
As I continue my use of the X3100W, my professional opinion is that it's a piece of crap. Perhaps it will improve with future firmware... I think I'm going to "tough it out" for now and hope for the best. This thing is just very buggy and while I thought I was making progress with the 4K sources, that's not really the case. I still experience occasional drop-outs and other issues. Denon and the other component manufacturers seem to want to just point fingers. No one wants to admit that their product is at fault. In reality, they are all at fault or lacking somewhere as they have all neglected to implement a fully compliant HDMI 2.0 solution. A couple of the components are only HDMI v1.4 and seem to work just fine with a number of other 4K displays, matrix switchers, even HDBASE-T extenders, but they crap-out going through the Denon.

This is a first-generation HDMI 2.0 product. One I should have not even purchased due to it's lack of proper HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 support. That said, there is no excuse for how all of this is working (or should I say not working?) together. Compatibility issues were never this bad in the first days of HDMI, nor with 1080p or 3D. I'd return this receiver now, but don't have any other solution to pick and I need a solution in place. The whole AV Receiver market just totally dropped the ball and screwed the pooch this time around. At least Denon has a product out there to buy. Lately I've been preferring Yamaha receivers, but didn't feel like spending a ton more on their new 4K ones that still have the same HDCP 2.2 deficiency and other similar shortcomings. Not happy about spending $900 on a stop-gap solution that is currently still very much in beta test form. I don't even think Yamaha is shipping their new 4K 2040 and 3040 units yet anyway. I've been using Denon receivers for years... This is the first time I've bought one that I feel is a dud. I also directed a colleague of mine to buy the X2100W or X3100W. He bought the X2100W and is experience all the same issues. He's sending his back.

Last edited by AppliedVisual; 08-15-2014 at 02:03 PM.
post #1226 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Bell View Post
Looking for some input from all the Denon experts. I have owned a few Denon receivers and currently own the 4311. This past weekend I helped a friend install/setup his new X1100. The problem is this: When it comes to his X1 Infinity platform and the X1100 everything works fine until he goes to watch any recordings from the DVR, then he loses any 5.1 DD signal and all shows only come in stereo. If he goes back to live TV everything still comes in only stereo. If we turn everything off, then back on again he then gets the 5.1 signal back. My gut tells me its an Xfinity issue, but am wondering if anyone might think the problem could be something else. I have checked the denon and Xfinity settings over a few times. I'm stumped.
Thanks
It sounds like some sort of weird HDMI handshake issue -- when the sync is temporarily broken when switching to recorded programs, the box resets itself to stereo output. When you switch inputs and/or power down then go back, it renegotiates the correct handshake. Not sure I know the solution though

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #1227 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 03:40 PM

Dlna

[QUOTE=rn865;26589473]X3000 v. X3100 "network" software/features

Just curious if there is any appreciable difference between the X3000 and the X3100 in terms of the network player software (DLNA, home network, Pandora, etc.)?

I mainly want DLNA. Don't care so much about SiriusXM, Pandora, etc. I play all my home audio from DLNA servers. Don't do any home network video, so don't care about that. Don't care about 4K TV right now, or HDMI 2. Also don't care about wifi or Bluetooth.

I currently use a WDTV SMP as my DLNA player into a Denon AVR-791 via HDMI and analog (for zone 2). Previously used an XBox 360.

I'd like to get rid of the WDTV and use a built-in solution, with maybe a nicer front end, remote/tablet control software, etc. I also understand that both the X3000 and X3100 support digital sources for zone 2 which is a nice bonus, otherwise I'd consider the X2100.

Anyway, since the X3000 and X3100 are similar in terms of features I want, and the X3000 is slightly cheaper, I'm curious if there's any difference in the network player/DLNA software?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

I am still incredulous that I can sit at my Imac click on an Itunes album and have it turn on the 3100, and play beautifully, I can even adjust the volume. I have everything wired (except an Ipad) and have a DLNA capable router. At one time I used the first made WDTV then an ATV, now I don't believe I need either for music. If you check the AVS deal you may find the difference between the 3000 and 3100 dwindling.
post #1228 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 04:33 PM

Thanks batpig, a handshake issue crossed my mind also.
post #1229 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by rn865 View Post
X3000 v. X3100 "network" software/features

Thanks in advance.
All Denon/Maratnz receivers are certified to DLNA 1.5. All you would need is a DLNA server to 'serve up' files to the renderer which is the receiver.

I'm currently using last year's bottom entry Marantz receiver (NR-1504) with an NAS (WD MyBook Live) and an Android Phone app called BubbleUPnP. Both the receiver and NAS are hardwired to the router. The Android phone to the router's wifi network.

Once the DLNA Twonky server is enabled on the NAS, I can look up tunes on the NAS, create a playlist via the app and then shuffle play.
Playing the first track turns on the receiver.
Volume adjustments are available on the app with the ability to skip to the next song, enque new tunes, create new playlists on the fly, etc.

I find BubbleUPnP app to be very useful.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #1230 of 1649 Old 08-15-2014, 08:34 PM

Well, I came home from work today, determined to get the audio to play via the HDMI. AND...it made it worse!

I went through all the settings once again and couldn't determine the problem. I brought my 722 down from the media room and put it in the living room and BAM-HDMI audio. It worked perfectly. I was so excited to know that it does work. It is possible.

I went to take my 722 back up into the media room and now the audio wont play up there! WTH!

I came back down into the living room and tried to connect the 612 to the Denon and now it wont work at all. After hours and hours and hours of "good times" with the Dish technical service team, they can't figure anything out and are sending out a technician on Sunday.

I will update yall after then. However, I am certain it works as I got the 722 to work perfectly.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
denon s500bt , X2100W , x3100w
Gear in this thread - x3100w by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page