manual volume control of individual channels during playback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Is this possible with the 1019?  I saw a post where someone mentioned the channel volume controls.  My remote ahas a "TV control" box next to the master volume.  It has a power button, Input button, channel plus and minus buttons, and volume plus and minus buttons.  These don't seem to do anything.  I really want to be able to tweek the volume on each individual channel during playback.

If this is not possible with this receiver, can someone recommend a 5.1 (or higher) receiver that can?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Most receivers don't have a dedicated remote button for channel volume. Go into the setup menu and under manual speaker settings is what you are looking for. Look for a test tone function to verify level matching of each speaker. What brand was that?
post #3 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry.  I thought I was posting under the Pioneer VSX-1019AH Receiver thread.

Honestly, I want to change volumes while playing the program material, not with test tones. 

The Pioneer has MCAAC.  I know how to use that.  It appears that only works with HDMI channels and not Analog 5.1.

Thanks.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 130
The multichannel analog inputs would need to be digitized in order to be affected by the receiver's digital settings. So, no, MCACC does not have any effect on the 5.1 analog inputs. However, you should be able to adjust channel levels for the analog inputs, although it's not easy to do on the fly with most receivers.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 80
The test tone is used to verify the speaker volume, not adjust it. There is a channel level setting in the same area. Mcacc is auto room correction and auto speaker level. Go into the manual speaker settings. Where you set speakers large/small and crossover level etc. I rarely use the test tones. Just adjust speaker volume while something is playing if you want.

From the Pioneer 1123 manual page 84. Manual SP Setup>Channel Level. Turn up the channel that is too quiet.

When using analog multichannel inputs the receiver will bypass the auto eq. It won't bypass the channel level though. Adjust to your liking.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-25-2014, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

I am unable to access these while I am playing a disc in analog 5.1 mode.  What am I doing wrong?  Is this a limitation of th 1019?

post #7 of 7 Old 05-25-2014, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 186
On some pres there are dedicated channel adjustment trim, this is probably for that specific DSP mode. On Sherbourne 7010A on the remote it has dedicated channel levels. For my Lexicon I have to go into that DSP mode. I bump up film sub level a few dB, and for music DSP mode (L7 Music, 2 channel) reduce it

5.1 input mode sometimes it could be a straight bypass, my older pre had no channel adjustment on the 5.1 input

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page