Denon AVR-X1000 Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-24-2014, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello all,

I just purchased a Denon AVR-X1000 receiver and am having a couple little issues.  I have gone through the setup as recommended by Denon and all of my speakers are recognized as they all sound during the tone testing, etc.  My question has to do with getting my surround and center channel speakers working.  If I am playing a cd through my xbox for example (set for Dolby 5.1), I am getting sound from the front left and right and the subwoofer.  I do not hear anything from the surround speakers or the center channel.  Is there a fill effect I can enable or a mode I need to switch in order to get these working.  I am a little confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-24-2014, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

As an addition, I can get them now to work if I switch sound mode to game.  If I play it in game mode, the level of surround speakers is way high.  In looking through the menus, I am not seeing a way to change individual speaker volumes.  Am I missing it in the manual or on the on screen adjustments?

Thanks

post #3 of 5 Old 05-25-2014, 04:30 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
You can change the surround mode by pressing/holding either the MOVIE/MUSIC/GAME button and then selecting DD PLII to simulate 5.1 audio from a stereo 2.0 CD. Although there is a separate setting for the sub (Subwoofer Level) and center channel (Dialog Level), to change the volume level of the other speakers you will need to go into Manual Setup and play the test tones.

For additional assistance, there is a dedicated thread for the 2013 Denon AVRs. Review posts #3-6 to include a Troubleshooting section in post #3.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#post_23134210

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 5 Old 05-25-2014, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Good Morning JD,

Thank your for that information.  I will check that for sure.  I guess I missed holding the game button (etc) down in order to switch modes like that.  I was switching into movie and/or game mode in order to get 5.1 completely working.  I will check out in manual settings again.  You probably understand where I am coming from with this, but in 5.1 (which to me is acting like a fill effect when playing music) has equal volume amongst all of the speakers.  Since the surrounds are right behind my sitting area, they are extremely loud.  I will look into changing those volume levels and then I will reevaluate the center channel once they are down a bit.  I suspect the center channel will be perfectly fine with 5.1 working now. 

Thanks

Chris

post #5 of 5 Old 05-25-2014, 07:46 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
^^
With a 5.1 setup, the surrounds should ideally be placed to the "sides" as the rears would be used in a 7.1 setup. Also, you can set Dyn EQ to OFF as that will boost the surround audio at lower volume levels.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page