post #31 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pionew View Post

Sorry for another question. To me...it seems like the lip movement of the people on television is slightly out of sync with the timing of the sound of their voice. Could this be the receiver and if so is there an adjustment for it?
Page 66 of manual. Auto delay. Under audio parameters menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I think that the sound is just very slightly ahead of the lip movement as far as lip sync is concerned.

Could you please explain what phase alignment means. The problem with trying to figure out where the phase level is best is that with movies you can't get a constant sound belting out to tell what the adjustment is doing.

post #33 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

I went and turned the Auto Delay to the on position but I still have audio that is slightly ahead of lip movement.

post #34 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

I see a side note on the auto delay that says it only works if the components you are hooked up to are set up for the feature. It says if the auto delay adjustment is still not acceptable you can set it manually but it does not say how to  set it manually.

post #35 of 37 Old 06-10-2014, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pionew View Post

I see a side note on the auto delay that says it only works if the components you are hooked up to are set up for the feature. It says if the auto delay adjustment is still not acceptable you can set it manually but it does not say how to  set it manually.
OK forget auto delay. Page 65 Delay (Sound delay). Same audio parameter menu. This setting is variable. 0 to 800ms. Default is zero so crank it up some.

Phase alignment is complicated. Are you asking about controls on the subwoofer or the receiver? I do see a phase control in receiver. And subwoofer has a phase knob. That one didn't change anything for me.
post #36 of 37 Old 06-11-2014, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

I was referring to phase control on the subwoofer. I am a novice so I won't mess with it on the receiver. Thank you for the response.   

post #37 of 37 Old 06-11-2014, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Adjusting the phase of the subwoofer will not do anything for lip synch. The AVR should handle that. What you need to do for lip synch is what kikkenit2 said -- adjust the delay setting in the Pioneeer.

If you think the phase of the sub is off, the easy way to adjust is to play a test tone at the crossover frequency (you can download test tones and use your PC to play them, or burn a test CD, or buy one). Adjust the phase knob on the sub for the loudest sound at the listening position. That ensures the sound from the sub and other speakers is adding, not subtracting, at the crossover frequency. That is where it matters.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page