AVR selection [suggestions please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
AVR selection [suggestions desired!]

Hello, I am getting closer to completing my home theatre setup. I recently got a set of Pioneer 5.1 SP-PK52FS speakers that I am pleased with. However, I still need to pair them with an appropriate AVR, so I am seeking a little direction in selecting one.There are so many AVRs to consider it makes my head hurt. I am currently considering the Denon AVR-x2000 (or the cloesly related Denon AVR-e400), but I am unsure of what other good competition there is out there, despite alot of research. I am mainly interested in sound quality. The Denon I mention has 7 driven channels with an honest 90watt rating that I think will be sufficient for these speakers, which do have a 6ohm rating. I have seen others compare several Yamaha AVR's to the Denon, but when I review them, many of the yamahas seems like they have some fudged numbers (the yamaha RX-V675 for example). Either the power rating tests where done driving only 1 or 2 speakers or only driving them at very narrow frequencys. I am unsure how much these types of numbers affect the AVR, since the reviews are all still good. Some direction and any suggestions are very welcomed! I appreciate any input!

Last edited by GOHAWK12; 06-17-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-17-2014, 03:52 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2035 Post(s)
Liked: 1762
The power rating for most brands only include driving 2 speakers which is also true for the Denon models you mention. The X2000 would be the better purchase as it comes with the higher version of Audyssey and an extra year of warranty as well as being on clearance.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 06-17-2014, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 69
X2000 is a great buy right now.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-17-2014, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagstaff View Post
X2000 is a great buy right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The power rating for most brands only include driving 2 speakers which is also true for the Denon models you mention. The X2000 would be the better purchase as it comes with the higher version of Audyssey and an extra year of warranty as well as being on clearance.
I see, I must have been confusing the number of driven speakers as also the number of speakers included during the power rating tests. Thanks for the input.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page