Reciever Setup Help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-17-2014, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Reciever Setup Help

I feel like I have looked everywhere to find this info out but to no avail. If this problem has already been solved please feel free to point me in the right direction. I have recently gotten my Onkyo system out of storage and have been trying to hook it up but haven't been able to get it working properly. I have the Onkyo ht-r430 receiver and I am trying to get it to play audio from my computer, but ultimately from my TV (Sharp Aquos). Please help me out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 04:17 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4500 Post(s)
Liked: 2405
There is no analog --> HDMI upconversion on that receiver so you must use the same type of cable that is connecting the PC to the receiver to also connect the receiver to the TV. Also, the computer must be using a standard TV resolution.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroud View Post
I feel like I have looked everywhere to find this info out but to no avail. If this problem has already been solved please feel free to point me in the right direction. I have recently gotten my Onkyo system out of storage and have been trying to hook it up but haven't been able to get it working properly. I have the Onkyo ht-r430 receiver and I am trying to get it to play audio from my computer, but ultimately from my TV (Sharp Aquos). Please help me out!
I'm not sure I fully understand your problem; this should be an easy set up.

First, how do you have your computer (and TV) connected now? You probably will only want to connected the audio signals, and run the video connections straight from device to device.

If you are not getting audio, you may want to look at the audio input selection; are they set correctly to digital or analog?

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page