"Help" Yamaha 475 Issue! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-18-2014, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
"Help" Yamaha 475 Issue!

Replaced my yami 475 with a Denon in main living room as I am finishing basement and needed another receiver. Hooked up the 475 in basement with all speakers connected and performed sound calibration. All is perfect. Ran HDMI out from receiver to back of TV HDMI 1 and that's it. No cable box or anything else hooked up yet. I turned TV speakers off and proceeded to Netflix to hear my newly built basement system. So, I have receiver set to hdmi 1 and yamaha is not decoding netflix (decoder off). After messing around for an hour I decided to reset system per owners manual. Still not decoding! I then plugged in my iphone via USB to front of unit and connects but does not play Pandora music. Yesterday the yamaha was in perfect working condition in main living area. I feel that it's prob something real stupid but I can't figure it out. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LGTWHIT; 06-19-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: mistake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-18-2014, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTWHIT View Post
Hooked up the 475 in basement with all speakers connected and performed sound calibration. All is perfect. Ran HDMI 1 from receiver to back of TV HDMI 1 and that's it. No cable box or anything else hooked up yet. I turned TV speakers off and proceeded to Netflix to hear my newly built basement system. So, I have receiver set to hdmi 1 and yamaha is not decoding netflix (decoder off).
Hi LGTWHIT, you need to connect HDMI OUT (ARC) from receiver and not from HDMI-1. to TV.

If TV support ARC (Audio Return Channel), enable ARC on both receiver and TV. If not then you'll need to run an optical cable from TV to receiver.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-19-2014, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks JChin, will take a look at this this evening. Makes sense, we'll see...

post #4 of 5 Old 06-19-2014, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Actually I do have hdmi connected from hdmi out and not hdmi 1, edited mistake in first post.

post #5 of 5 Old 06-20-2014, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'm an idiot, the USB cable does not support audio and I don't have any devices going into hdmi, therefore there is nothing to decode. Grabbed an aux cable today and finally got to here my new Andrew Jones BS22's and Dayton sub. All I gotta say is "WOW"! The sound quality is worth way more than what I paid for this setup. Crystal clear with great balance!

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page