Help with buying or fixing receiver. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2014, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with buying or fixing receiver.

My Denon avr 1912's hdmi board stoped working or so I think that is whats wrong all the forums said (No picture/ has sound I used to just turn it off and on and it would work. Was thinking about buying a Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 or should I just get my Denton fixed. I live around Lansing MI and don't know anyone around here to fix it. I here, after parts I should just buy a new one. What are your thoughts? If I should get a new one is the Yamaha even what I should get or is there something better at that price point.

Thanks to anyone who responds.
duds1000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-24-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bootman_head_fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Nanny State
Posts: 1,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by duds1000 View Post
My Denon avr 1912's hdmi board stoped working or so I think that is whats wrong all the forums said (No picture/ has sound I used to just turn it off and on and it would work. Was thinking about buying a Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 or should I just get my Denton fixed. I live around Lansing MI and don't know anyone around here to fix it. I here, after parts I should just buy a new one. What are your thoughts? If I should get a new one is the Yamaha even what I should get or is there something better at that price point.

Thanks to anyone who responds.
Get the new unit and don't look back.
bootman_head_fi is offline  
Old 06-25-2014, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post
Get the new unit and don't look back.
Well do you have the Yamaha? If you do, do you like it? Is it any better then the Denton I have?
duds1000 is offline  
Old 06-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Newbie
 
jerick70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I agree with bootman_hi_fi, get a new receiver. In my opinion the Yamaha is a better receiver too.
jerick70 is offline  
Old 06-25-2014, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bootman_head_fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Nanny State
Posts: 1,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by duds1000 View Post
Well do you have the Yamaha? If you do, do you like it? Is it any better then the Denton I have?
I currently have a Pioneer but honestly at this price point they are all a wash.

You asked if it was better to spend the money to fix something that you admittedly stated would be difficult to do in your area.
That said, the yamaha is the logical choice.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
bootman_head_fi is offline  
Old 06-25-2014, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post
I currently have a Pioneer but honestly at this price point they are all a wash.

You asked if it was better to spend the money to fix something that you admittedly stated would be difficult to do in your area.
That said, the yamaha is the logical choice.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Thanks for your help. I guess I just wanted some one to talk me in to it... well I take that back I really wanted some one to say I can save you a lot of money and fix that for you I live in Lansing and have that part, but that dream is over. I got the Yamaha I hope I like it and it doesn't last 3 years like my Denton. I'm going to get the 3 year warranty so here is for hoping it breaks in 2 if it does.
duds1000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off