Denon x-2000 no tv for setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2014, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
prestonrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Denon x-2000 no tv for setup

I just bought a new open box Denon X-2000 at Best Buy for $320 to be used for 2.2 ch music listening only. I have no manual but did get the Odyssey mike and remote.

I have no hdmi equipped portable tv that I can carry into the listening room to setup that receiver. Using only the readouts on the AVR's screen I was able to setup Odyssey ok, but there are some things I can't seem to do:

1. How do I turn off all amps? The two front mains and subout are the only outputs I use. Would that give me more power to the mains?

2. How do I turn Odyssey off and go either flat or manually change treble/base balance. Is there a continuous loudness control like on the Outlaw's?

3. With no video hookups are there any other adjustments I need to make?

4. Some seem to prefer setting up Odyssey without the external mike. How would I do that w/no tv readout?

Thanks!

Last edited by prestonrich; 06-24-2014 at 08:24 PM.
prestonrich is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-24-2014, 09:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,873
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 477
You can't setup Audyssey w/o the microphone. It's called Audyssey, not Odyssey.

if you don't use the mic then you're not calibrating Audyssey.

If you don't have a TV or PC with HDMI input then you're not gonna be able to setup the system properly.

you don't have a computer monitor to connect to the receiver?

Afro GT
afrogt is online now  
Old 06-24-2014, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
prestonrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 22
My Laptop has hdmi output only. Sorry about the spelling. I do have the mic and the readout on the AVR said the Audyssey setup was completed.
prestonrich is offline  
Old 06-25-2014, 04:27 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 51,882
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4413 Post(s)
Liked: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonrich View Post
I just bought a new open box Denon X-2000 at Best Buy for $320 to be used for 2.2 ch music listening only. I have no manual but did get the Odyssey mike and remote.

I have no hdmi equipped portable tv that I can carry into the listening room to setup that receiver. Using only the readouts on the AVR's screen I was able to setup Odyssey ok, but there are some things I can't seem to do:

1. How do I turn off all amps? The two front mains and subout are the only outputs I use. Would that give me more power to the mains?

2. How do I turn Odyssey off and go either flat or manually change treble/base balance. Is there a continuous loudness control like on the Outlaw's?

3. With no video hookups are there any other adjustments I need to make?

4. Some seem to prefer setting up Odyssey without the external mike. How would I do that w/no tv readout?

Thanks!
1. The amps cannot be turned off. There's only one power supply, so the two speakers have access to all available power.

2. You can download the Owner's manual on Denon's website ....

http://usa.denon.com/us/downloads/pa...ionmanual.aspx

3. Refer to posts #3-6 in the Owner's thread.
The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

4. You simply play the test tones and use an SPL meter with Audyssey set to Manual mode which turns off Audyssey and allows you to adjust the graphic EQ.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 06-25-2014, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
prestonrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. The amps cannot be turned off. There's only one power supply, so the two speakers have access to all available power.

2. You can download the Owner's manual on Denon's website ....

http://usa.denon.com/us/downloads/pa...ionmanual.aspx

3. Refer to posts #3-6 in the Owner's thread.
The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

4. You simply play the test tones and use an SPL meter with Audyssey set to Manual mode which turns off Audyssey and allows you to adjust the graphic EQ.
How much power would be available with only two of the channels driven on this receiver (no speakers hooked into the available jacks)? X-2000 specs show 95 wpc all channels driven.
prestonrich is offline  
Old 06-25-2014, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fatbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 5,226
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1076 Post(s)
Liked: 445
95w.

95W x 7 is false

Pivetta Opera
Bose Jewel speakers.
fatbottom is online now  
Old 06-27-2014, 12:41 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 51,882
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4413 Post(s)
Liked: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonrich View Post
How much power would be available with only two of the channels driven on this receiver (no speakers hooked into the available jacks)? X-2000 specs show 95 wpc all channels driven.
Most AVR specs are into either 2CH or 1CH ... Denon's are the former.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off