Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 06-24-2014, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs down Looking for MonoBlock Amplifier

Hello,

I recently bought a House and it have 3 speakers, each (not pair) in different rooms.

Will there be any Inexpensive Amplifier to play music in these speakers. I went to an Audio Shop, they said i need to buy RX-A3030 which costs AUD 2200.

Could you guys suggest me a solution which is not expensive.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-25-2014, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooninstars View Post
Hello,

I recently bought a House and it have 3 speakers, each (not pair) in different rooms.

Will there be any Inexpensive Amplifier to play music in these speakers. I went to an Audio Shop, they said i need to buy RX-A3030 which costs AUD 2200.

Could you guys suggest me a solution which is not expensive.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum!

AUD 2200? I am assuming then that you are in Australia? Are you wanting to purchase new or are you OK with going the used route? What is your version of "not expensive"? You can periodically find a Marantz MA-500 monoblock on Ebay for around $100 USD plus shipping but that will most likely be used as that amp hasn't been made for several years now. Amazon.com is a good place to look. Parts-express.com is also very popular and have international shipping as well. For used items besides Ebay, Audiogon.com is a good place to look as there are many international buyers and sellers on there as well. Let us know what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend. Also, listing where you are from may help get more local responses.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Last edited by esappy; 06-25-2014 at 02:15 PM.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-25-2014, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by esappy View Post
Welcome to the forum!

AUD 2200? I am assuming then that you are in Australia? Are you wanting to purchase new or are you OK with going the used route? What is your version of "not expensive"? You can periodically find a Marantz MA-500 monoblock on Ebay for around $100 USD plus shipping but that will most likely be used as that amp hasn't been made for several years now. Amazon.com is a good place to look. Parts-express.com is also very popular and have international shipping as well. For used items besides Ebay, Audiogon.com is a good place to look as there are many international buyers and sellers on there as well. Let us know what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend. Also, listing where you are from may help get more local responses.
Hello esappy,

Thanks for your Warm Welcome.

Yes iam from Australia. I don't mind, if it is used one, as long it serves my purpose is enough for me. My Version of NOT EXPENSIVE is not more than $500.

Basically i want to Pipe the Music to all the speakers or either 1 or 2 of them which may have Volume controls and Input source can be used by any system like Ipod/Bluray player.My Requirements may be unusual but i can compromise on them.

I will look into the Links you specified and speak with my friend who is helping me on those to get it done and will update you guys.

Thanks for your suggestions.
post #4 of 11 Old 06-25-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 175
You need a amp with multiple zones

Main
Zone 1
Zone 2.

That won't be cheap, the only item I know off the top of my head with that many zones is Lexicon MC-12 (and that's just a av pre)

do a search for 3 zones
AVR with TRUE 3-Zone Capabilities?

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #5 of 11 Old 06-25-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post
You need a amp with multiple zones

Main
Zone 1
Zone 2.

That won't be cheap, the only item I know off the top of my head with that many zones is Lexicon MC-12 (and that's just a av pre)

do a search for 3 zones
AVR with TRUE 3-Zone Capabilities?
Whoa! That is not the only way to go. You could do something a lot more simple like this: http://usa.denon.com/us/product/page...a697ci(denonna)

MSRP of $599 USD, you could probably find it cheaper. 2-source, 3-zone stereo receiver. You could power 2 sets of speakers just from the A+B terminals on the unit though they would be the same signal, then you could add amps later as you can afford them.

Or you could do something like this: http://www.accessories4less.com/make...elector/1.html with this:http://usa.denon.com/us/product/page...p720ae(denonna) Now this method would give you the same signal in up to 4 different zones and you could run the speaker wires through a volume control before going to the speakers. Or do any kind of combo therein. Unfortunately AC4L doesn't ship to Australia I don't think, but that should give some more ideas.

You can always look up a receiver or prepro's owners manual and read through the multizone section to see what they recommend and use that as a guide of sorts too.

Do you need a receiver, or just the amps only?

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato
post #6 of 11 Old 06-25-2014, 04:34 PM

Something else you could do if you don't need separate audio signals to each of the 3 speakers is just simply get a cheap stereo or home theather receiver (which can be found down to around $100 for closeouts that will include features like Apple Airplay) and get a multizone selector switch like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_543SS42...2.html?tp=2997

You have lots of options, you just have to decide what solution best works for you.

post #7 of 11 Old 06-26-2014, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Talking

Thanks for your Suggestions guys. After reading all i thought adding a additional speaker near to the existing one. Then it will be like a Pair in the Room.
Then i just can get Stereo amps

What do you say?
post #8 of 11 Old 06-26-2014, 11:21 PM

Before you go do that have you actually taken a look at your speakers to make sure they aren't stereo already? Some in ceiling speakers will have a single woofer/midrange driver that is dual voice coil and have two tweeters attached giving you a stereo speaker (albeit not great for true stereo separation but hey they are usually for ambient listening anyway) that will have two inputs requiring a stereo amp.

Something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_190CM7S...SI.html?tp=193

post #9 of 11 Old 06-29-2014, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Exclamation

esappy, i understand what you said but iam not sure these speakers are stereo kind of. Could you help me to on these speakers i have Yamaha NSIC600WH

Thanks.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-29-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooninstars View Post
esappy, i understand what you said but iam not sure these speakers are stereo kind of. Could you help me to on these speakers i have Yamaha NSIC600WH

Thanks.
Looked them up and they appear to be single channel. So if you only have one in each room then you are either going to get only the left or right channel unless you have a preamp/receiver that can take stereo signals and make them mono. The former is the least ideal of all. If you consider adding one to each room to be stereo enabled and get a stereo amp, that would be a much better solution in my opinion. And it would probably make the setup far less complicated than trying to find a preamp/receiver that can do triple mono. Just a quick look online here in the States shows I can get a pair of those Yamahas for $150 easily and maybe even less with some digging. Hope that helps.

Last edited by esappy; 06-29-2014 at 10:53 PM.
post #11 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Outlaw 2200 monoblock!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page