Can someone give me some pointers on setting up this RX-675? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2014, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone give me some pointers on setting up this RX-675?

I have a 675 coming here ( replaced my faulty Onkyo-606 that Ive had for YEARS... About time it died ) and I was wondering if someone can help me get it set up.

Im going to be running YPAO and see where that takes me. It seems like people still tweak the crossovers here and there? Also, my speakers arent that big at all, so Im assuming Id set them to small? I do like a bit more bass than others, so where should I set the SVS subwoofer at ( Im talking about the controls on the subwoofer )

My speakers are as such ( I know they aren't great, but do fine for me )
SVS SCS-01m ( front R & L channels ) 5.25" woofer / 1" tweeter
SVS SCS-01 ( center channel ) 5.25" woofer / 1" tweeter
SVS SBS-01 ( rear R & L channels ) 5.25" woofer / 1" tweeter
PB-12 ( subwoofer )

Both the SBS and SCS speakers are spec'd the same: 68hz-20khz +/-3db ( SCS is a little more sensitive: SBS- 85db / SCS- 87db )
The pb-12 subwoofer has three knobs on the back. Phase - 0-180deg, Low pass- 30hz-150hz , and Gain- Min-Max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I run YPAO, then set all the speakers to small. That's about all I ever do. Be interesting to see what other people do.

Sometimes I have to tweak my subwoofer's level to ensure YPAO can properly set the receiver's subwoofer channel trim. If the subwoofer level is too low or high, it might have problems

"But this one goes up to 11"
Old 06-27-2014, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alrighty then. I'll report back. I just seen people recommending to change the crossover for the center channel at times. And I Wasn't sure if there were any other settings to change too.