Denon Link 4th vs. Denon Link HD - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By jdsmoothie

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Denon Link 4th vs. Denon Link HD

Hello.

For all of those who went from the Denon Link 4th to the new Denon Link HD, is there a huge improvement with the sound quality?

Right now I am using the Denon AVR-4810CI receiver with the Denon DBP-4010UDCI bluray player. This combo offers the Denon Link 4th connection and sounds fantastic.

I was thinking of upgrading to the latest Denon AVR-4520CI receiver with the Denon DBT-3313UDCI bluray player but wondering if the sound quality of the Denon Link HD sounds any better than what I currently have.

Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 22
While i've not tried a piece of gear with the new HD, I believe there is zero difference for HDMI. They just changed from RJ-45 connections to a coax cable.

One trick DL3/4 could do on the RJ-45 link was push SACD and PCM independently of HDMI, but on the HD version, all data must flow on the HDMI link and the coax is strictly for the clock-synch.

At the end of the day, what's important is the clock synch, and that's the same between both systems. It is primary a cost reduction and simplification of the DenonLink architecture, both of which make sense to me.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFo View Post
While i've not tried a piece of gear with the new HD, I believe there is zero difference for HDMI. They just changed from RJ-45 connections to a coax cable.

One trick DL3/4 could do on the RJ-45 link was push SACD and PCM independently of HDMI, but on the HD version, all data must flow on the HDMI link and the coax is strictly for the clock-synch.

At the end of the day, what's important is the clock synch, and that's the same between both systems. It is primary a cost reduction and simplification of the DenonLink architecture, both of which make sense to me.

Thanks for the great information!

I will stick with what I have. If there was a huge improvement in sound quality with the latest Denon Link HD, I might consider buying the new combo.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-04-2014, 03:46 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3709 Post(s)
Liked: 2181
The upgrade from XT to XT32 would produce the more favorable improvement in audio quality.
JonFo, Bill Mac and grassy like this.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page