post #1 of 3 Old 07-03-2014, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Pioneer VSX-1018AH no subwoofer

Hello

Just moved into my new house and was setting up my system and noticed that the sub is not working anymore. I ran MCACC again and it came back saying there was NO SW present.... I made sure that the RCA cable was plugged into both my sub (BIC America F12) and my Pioneer receiver (VSX 1018AH) On the back of my 1018ah the rca cable is plugged into PRE OUT section. I have my fronts set to small and SW to yes at 80Hz. I have switch out the rca cable with another and got the same results.

I went ahead and tested the sub by touching the center conductor (RCA cable) with my finger and I was getting a thump from the sub. So does it mean that my pre out on my receiver is blown? I also have reset the receiver to factory and still no sound from the sub. Any other suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-04-2014, 12:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 82
As long as you connected to the subwoofer out on right side middle and not sub in lower left.
Doesn't look good. Try to go into menu speaker setup and see if subwoofer has an on/off switch.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-04-2014, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkenit2 View Post
As long as you connected to the subwoofer out on right side middle and not sub in lower left.
Doesn't look good. Try to go into menu speaker setup and see if subwoofer has an on/off switch.
Yeah doesnt look good..... There is no setting in the menu that has a subwoofer off and no switch. I did a factory reset of the Pio and still no go. I also went in and change the fronts to Large and set the SW to plus and still no sound. Just wondering is there any other way to config the sub without using the subwoofer input on the pre out select?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page