Originally Posted by Abupa
Oh I forgot, I also have the REL T5. So I guess this would help the receiver handle the cm8's a little better. Take some of the load. 80% of the time I watch series, the other 20% videogames.
I mainly want the cm8's because of the bigger stereo immage and a more confincing sound.
From my experience with the CM8, they need lots of juice to see its true potential. An AVR like the SR6008 may not do the speaker justice. I tried it out using both AVR and a processor, and also using a 200WPC power amp.
My observations on the CM8 are that:
- It also needs to be placed quite away from the rear wall, sounds boomy easily if placed too near
- quite choosy on placement, can sound nasal in some placements
- CM8's low extension is not very good, even when powered with a 200WPC external power amp.
- mid range and dialogue is good.
Well if you are looking for better imaging and since u have a sub to cover the low end, bookshelves might be better. And it is easier to drive. I would suggest u get the B&W 805S or 705s bookshelves. The tonal balance and sound is more coherent. If u still love floorstanders, get the previous 703S 704S series, or the previous 8 series 804/803.
Go for used sets to save u the monies. Audiogon has quite good deals now and then. And pump the monies into a power amp like the Emotiva XPA3 or XPA5.
But I recommend to add a power amp if u go down the 7 or 8 series route. I saw a big improvement in sq after i did that. U wont regret it