New Receiver set-up question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-06-2014, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 3
New Receiver set-up question

Just purchased a Yamaha 3030. I am running 9.1 with the AVR and zone 2 and 3 with my 5 channel B&K AV 5000 series II amp. Should I use the B&K to run the front 2 or 3 as it is probably more robust (125w @8ohm...conservatively)? And if I do, will the 3030 power the other 2 zones with its on board amps? Also that little triangular little YPAO accessory that comes with the mike is a different size screw mount compared to the mike. Is it defective or amI missing something. I just used the mike on my tripod to calibrate until I find out.

Sorry, I know that part of these questions should be addressed on the Yamaha page, but it appears as though they are all on a 4th of July holiday

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-06-2014, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio.hobby View Post
Just purchased a Yamaha 3030. I am running 9.1 with the AVR and zone 2 and 3 with my 5 channel B&K AV 5000 series II amp. Should I use the B&K to run the front 2 or 3 as it is probably more robust (125w @8ohm...conservatively)? And if I do, will the 3030 power the other 2 zones with its on board amps? Also that little triangular little YPAO accessory that comes with the mike is a different size screw mount compared to the mike. Is it defective or amI missing something. I just used the mike on my tripod to calibrate until I find out.

Sorry, I know that part of these questions should be addressed on the Yamaha page, but it appears as though they are all on a 4th of July holiday

Thanks
Your thoughts and advive would be greatly appreciated!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-06-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I have seen the manuals, and they explain in detail how the amp assignments work. If you read that carefully it might answer some of your questions. I have also resorted to experimentation to understand how the assignments work.

I can't help you with the YPAO accessory. It does seem odd if it's not a standard tripod mount threading/screw

"But this one goes up to 11"
post #4 of 4 Old 07-06-2014, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post
I have seen the manuals, and they explain in detail how the amp assignments work. If you read that carefully it might answer some of your questions. I have also resorted to experimentation to understand how the assignments work.

I can't help you with the YPAO accessory. It does seem odd if it's not a standard tripod mount threading/screw
Would you use the B&K for powering the front 3 or 2 if you had a choice and let the Yamaha power the other zones?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page