AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Classe Sigma Series

Sigma Series

Classé Audio

"Classé Audio make some of the finest hi-fi components in the world. However, for most people, they are prohibitively expensive. The Sigma Series has been developed to offer the acoustic quality that Classé is famous for, but at a (slightly) more affordable price. Beyond price, the Sigma Series offers a host of other improvements. The most significant one from a user or installer point of view is that the components have been designed to sit equally well in a room or in a rack. For rack-mounting, the side panels are easily repositioned to provide the panel-mounts. The volume knob is flush to the front fascia to ensure there are no clashes with rack door panels. For more information about the features and acoustic performance contact Classé."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 11.20.23 AM.png
Views:	69
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	154529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 11.20.51 AM.png
Views:	61
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	154537  

My humble Cinema
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-02-2014, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter
wse
AVS Special Member

Here are videos:

-

- http://www.ravepubs.com/rave-video/i...se-amplifiers/

Design: http://goodwin-hartshorn.co.uk/sigma-series/

My humble Cinema
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wse; 08-03-2014 at 08:05 AM.
post #3 of 18 Old 08-07-2014, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter
wse
AVS Special Member

My humble Cinema
post #4 of 18 Old 08-08-2014, 02:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
RIP Classé, a used Canada made Delta series is about as far as I would venture.

My system:
post #5 of 18 Old 08-08-2014, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpaule View Post
RIP Classé, a used Canada made Delta series is about as far as I would venture.
Why is that!

My humble Cinema
post #6 of 18 Old 08-09-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
Why is that!
Abandoning audiophiles to dump the external balanced PSU and introduce digital music tweaks in the CP800.

Shutting down production in Canada. Chasing the North American multinational corporate dream, waving the flag while xxxxing both employees and customers.

My system:
post #7 of 18 Old 08-09-2014, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Abandoning audiophiles to dump the external balanced PSU and introduce digital music tweaks in the CP800. Shutting down production in Canada. Chasing the North American multinational corporate dream, waving the flag while xxxxing both employees and customers.
I hear you, economy of scale! I still enjoy the products and the quality compared to others.

My humble Cinema
post #8 of 18 Old 08-20-2014, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Abandoning audiophiles to dump the external balanced PSU and introduce digital music tweaks in the CP800.
In fact, these are the kind of tweaks that make me consider buying the new Sigma SSP. I had the opportunity to test the CP800 and it's really a solid performer with awesome flexibility. I'm ready to bet that most audiophiles would not be able to detect the digital music tweaks in action when used cautiously.

JMT

post #9 of 18 Old 08-30-2014, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sigma series

When is the Sigma Series going to be made available? I am just building my new system and would like to consider them.My latest acquisition were a pair of Wilsons. I have heard the Classe Sigma might be a good match.

I am looking at October 2014 for amp and preamp. Will the Sigmas be available by then?

Thanks ... I always like to hear your thoughts.
post #10 of 18 Old 08-30-2014, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper43 View Post
When is the Sigma Series going to be made available? I am just building my new system and would like to consider them.My latest acquisition were a pair of Wilsons. I have heard the Classe Sigma might be a good match.

I am looking at October 2014 for amp and preamp. Will the Sigmas be available by then?

Thanks ... I always like to hear your thoughts.
Based on what Classe rep told me when I call them "yes", first they'll show it at CEDIA, then they'll release it.
post #11 of 18 Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sharok, thanks for the information .... I look forward to hearing more about it when it becomes available. I hear good things about Classe so I am hoping the Sigma series is as good as it sounds.

again, thanks .... I will be checking back here to see what you all hear.
post #12 of 18 Old 09-01-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper43 View Post
Sharok, thanks for the information .... I look forward to hearing more about it when it becomes available. I hear good things about Classe so I am hoping the Sigma series is as good as it sounds.

again, thanks .... I will be checking back here to see what you all hear.
I hope we wont be disappointed and it's gonna be a decent processor like SSP-800.
post #13 of 18 Old 09-02-2014, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
I hope we wont be disappointed and it's gonna be a decent processor like SSP-800.
No ATMOS, Auro 3D or DTS MDA! Oh well that's too bad Hopefully the SSP-1000 (just made that-up) will have it all plus Auto EQ from DIRAC or Lyngdorf

My humble Cinema
post #14 of 18 Old 09-03-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
No ATMOS, Auro 3D or DTS MDA! Oh well that's too bad Hopefully the SSP-1000 (just made that-up) will have it all plus Auto EQ from DIRAC or Lyngdorf
I don't use Auro 3D or ATMOS, but are you sure that it does not decode DTS Master Audio either?
post #15 of 18 Old 09-10-2014, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
wse
AVS Special Member

Classé's New Sigma-Series Processor and Amps

Classé, which is a subsidiary of loudspeaker manufacturer Bowers & Wilkins, has announced the new Sigma-series components. The line is comprised of the Sigma SSP surround processor, Amp2 stereo amplifier, and Amp5 five-channel amplifier. The amplifiers are both rated to deliver 200Wpc into 8 ohms. In the company’s September 10 press release Classé’s president, Dave Nauber, states: “High end is about passion, discovery, experience and technical exploration. It’s not just who can make the most expensive things. Making more affordable products that are truly high end is a greater challenge, which is why there is a gap in the market between offerings from the mass-market CE companies and the high-end brands. We chose to exploit our cost advantage as part of the B&W Group to fill this void with some exceptional new products.”

The Sigma SSP will carry a retail price of $5000 in the United States when it becomes available in October. According to the press release: “The Sigma SSP has been optimized as a high-performance stereo preamp/processor with video switching, multichannel processing and bass management included. Connections for USB and Ethernet streaming augment the basic HDMI, coax, and optical digital inputs. Balanced and single-ended analog inputs, including an optional phono stage, make the Sigma SSP a truly versatile preamp/processor.“

The press release also states that “the amplifier models are derived from their breakthrough Delta-series CA-D200; a Class D topology that addresses the problem of dead-band-time -- the time when both halves of the amplifier are off -- once thought to be the Achilles’ heel of class-D designs. The Classé solution achieves an astonishingly low 3-nanosecond dead-band-time, dramatically lowering distortion and enabling numerous other design advantages. The result is said to be superbly musical sonic performance along with other class-D benefits like small size, low heat dissipation and high efficiency.”

The Amp2 and Amp5 will retail for $3500 and $5000, respectively, and will also be available in October. All three Sigma products will make their debuts at CEDIA Expo 2014, held September 10-13 in Denver, CO, USA.
Classé website

My humble Cinema
post #16 of 18 Old 09-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Classé's New Sigma-Series Processor and Amps

Classé, which is a subsidiary of loudspeaker manufacturer Bowers & Wilkins, has announced the new Sigma-series components. The line is comprised of the Sigma SSP surround processor, Amp2 stereo amplifier, and Amp5 five-channel amplifier. The amplifiers are both rated to deliver 200Wpc into 8 ohms. In the company’s September 10 press release Classé’s president, Dave Nauber, states: “High end is about passion, discovery, experience and technical exploration. It’s not just who can make the most expensive things. Making more affordable products that are truly high end is a greater challenge, which is why there is a gap in the market between offerings from the mass-market CE companies and the high-end brands. We chose to exploit our cost advantage as part of the B&W Group to fill this void with some exceptional new products.”

The Sigma SSP will carry a retail price of $5000 in the United States when it becomes available in October. According to the press release: “The Sigma SSP has been optimized as a high-performance stereo preamp/processor with video switching, multichannel processing and bass management included. Connections for USB and Ethernet streaming augment the basic HDMI, coax, and optical digital inputs. Balanced and single-ended analog inputs, including an optional phono stage, make the Sigma SSP a truly versatile preamp/processor.“

The press release also states that “the amplifier models are derived from their breakthrough Delta-series CA-D200; a Class D topology that addresses the problem of dead-band-time -- the time when both halves of the amplifier are off -- once thought to be the Achilles’ heel of class-D designs. The Classé solution achieves an astonishingly low 3-nanosecond dead-band-time, dramatically lowering distortion and enabling numerous other design advantages. The result is said to be superbly musical sonic performance along with other class-D benefits like small size, low heat dissipation and high efficiency.”

The Amp2 and Amp5 will retail for $3500 and $5000, respectively, and will also be available in October. All three Sigma products will make their debuts at CEDIA Expo 2014, held September 10-13 in Denver, CO, USA.
Classé website
Any more news our of CEDIA this year? There hasn't been a website update yet.
post #17 of 18 Old 09-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Some high-res pictures were posted here:
http://www.extravaganzi.com/classe-audios-sigma-series/
post #18 of 18 Old 09-23-2014, 03:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
price for AMP2 looks very promising ...

"Progressive Metal Band"
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page