AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2258 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknstones View Post
I was on the wait list since 2009 and had the UMC-1, UMC-200 and now have the XMC-1 in the rack. The UMC-1 was a little problematic but the UMC-200 and XMC are working like a champ. I made some comments on the owners thread but this unit is doing great. There are some bass management features that came into question on the mono versus stereo and a new FW release on it planned soon. I think the big differentiators on the XMC is that it is a platform on Linux and can receive many upgrades over time and I too am waiting on the Dirac. The GUI is very intuitive and provides a lot of flexibility in input assignments and trigger assignments. All the early adopters thus far are having very positive experiences. Emotiva is working on tutorial videos as well. This is going to be a fun ride!
Hi Reg, it's been a long time. ...Very happy to say Hi to you. ...And wish you the very best with everything inside your life; family, neighbors, sailing boat (cruising/fishing boat?), gardening, XMC-1, Dirac, ...

...Listening to Music, watching Movies too.

Last edited by NorthSky; 07-31-2014 at 11:51 PM. Reason: M & M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 2018 Old 08-01-2014, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanm View Post
I am not a current owner. I did not get on the preorder list because I was thinking I would wait nfor a higher end version off the XMC's platform. So even if I did want one, it will be a while before I could get one. As for "will I get one", I am on the fence. On one hand, I am very tempted as I could use it and get rid of my preamp and DAC, thus simplifying my system w/o compromising sound. On the other hand, waiting for a higher end version that has more channels, potentially Atmos, and has more streaming options built in from the start is really tempting enough to consider waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Hi Reg, it's been a long time. ...Very happy to say Hi to you. ...And wish you the very best with everything inside your life; family, neighbors, sailing boat (cruising/fishing boat?), gardening, XMC-1, Dirac, ...

...Listening to Music, watching Movies too.
Wow, Hi Bob! I just bought a 2007 Beneteau 343 and will be sailing it from Florida to Maryland over Labor Day. Bought my neighbor a gift card to take his wife to dinner (odd fella long peace process, he is at war with about 3 other neighbors but not me for awhile). And, we bought some land to build our new home in Annapolis. All is well here. Loving the XMC too!
markrubin and Djoel like this.

SticknStones
"I was not born a wise man but I am learning the trade" roo
B&W 802's, Emotiva - XMC-1, (2) XPA-2's bi-wired, XPA-3, ERC-1, XDA-2, (2) Ultra-12 subs, & DSPeaker - antimode 8033c

Last edited by sticknstones; 08-01-2014 at 11:30 AM.
post #573 of 2018 Old 08-02-2014, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Wow, Hi Bob! I just bought a 2007 Beneteau 343 and will be sailing it from Florida to Maryland over Labor Day. Bought my neighbor a gift card to take his wife to dinner (odd fella long peace process, he is at war with about 3 other neighbors but not me for awhile). And, we bought some land to build our new home in Annapolis. All is well here. Loving the XMC too!
Hi Sticknstone.
Pleased to read that you are having a great time with the XMC-1. I also have my name on the list for the XMC-1 as my UMC-1 is a real dog. It looses it's settings every few days and has to be reset. I am always loosing channels on the UMC-1. Happens every time you change a DVD to a Blu-ray with DTS sound. Changing the mode selector or crank the volume and the missing channel appears. The UMC-1, loves to switch speakers off, which is a real pain. Apart from that fault the UMC-1 is a fantastic sounding processor. Runs circles around my old Lexicon DC-2. Love the bass management and the power of the bass. Will produce 16Hz in all it's glory from the Telarc CD on Saint-saens organ Symphony
What is you overall impression of the XMC-1 and have you had any problems with the XMC-1

Bonner Martin
New Zealand
post #574 of 2018 Old 08-03-2014, 03:47 PM

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnermartin View Post
Hi Sticknstone.
Pleased to read that you are having a great time with the XMC-1. I also have my name on the list for the XMC-1 as my UMC-1 is a real dog. It looses it's settings every few days and has to be reset. I am always loosing channels on the UMC-1. Happens every time you change a DVD to a Blu-ray with DTS sound. Changing the mode selector or crank the volume and the missing channel appears. The UMC-1, loves to switch speakers off, which is a real pain. Apart from that fault the UMC-1 is a fantastic sounding processor. Runs circles around my old Lexicon DC-2. Love the bass management and the power of the bass. Will produce 16Hz in all it's glory from the Telarc CD on Saint-saens organ Symphony
What is you overall impression of the XMC-1 and have you had any problems with the XMC-1

Bonner Martin
New Zealand
Hi Bonner,
I did have trouble with the UMC-1 as well and upgraded to the UMC-200 which worked like a champ. The XMC is doing great but I am waiting on the Dirac for the Room Correction. I am getting used to the new GUI and getting all the triggers setup.

I ran new XLR everywhere for subs, ERC and Amps. I think folks are really going to enjoy this. Since it has a real operating system it is really a platform and they will be able by virtue of the ARM processor be able to create many upgrades. It is not a video processor and is intended to do pass through on the Video.

I am not sure how they did the bullet proof on HDCP 2.2 or HDMI 2.0 and any comments on that would be pure speculation and not very productive. There are some folks working with the 4K pass through without an issue.

This processors is going to be a tweakers dream and many of the folks on this thread and the Emotiva site are very experienced audio enthusiasts. I find that we will have a lot to share on this one for a long time now.

The UMC-1 did not go through all the testing that the XMC-1 did with experienced field testers and then Beta Testers. The only issue on the Dirac is the handshake from the XMC unit to the PC so they are working on that but the unit has all the Dirac functionality there.

Many folks are giving feedback on the Mono versus Stereo sub and other matters on the bass management where Emotiva has been listening and planning a software release in the coming week or so to address. If you do buy the XMC I encourage you to get active on the Emotiva forum as well so you can chime in and have another resource for learning.

You also were not alone on the UMC as there seemed to be some that never had an issue and folks like you and I that did. I had the UMC-200 for about 2 years and it was awesome.

SticknStones
"I was not born a wise man but I am learning the trade" roo
B&W 802's, Emotiva - XMC-1, (2) XPA-2's bi-wired, XPA-3, ERC-1, XDA-2, (2) Ultra-12 subs, & DSPeaker - antimode 8033c

Last edited by sticknstones; 08-03-2014 at 03:51 PM.
post #575 of 2018 Old 08-03-2014, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
...I am not sure how they did the bullet proof on HDCP 2.2 or HDMI 2.0 and any comments on that would be pure speculation and not very productive. There are some folks working with the 4K pass through without an issue...
To be fair, I don't have an XMC, but I can answer your question as stated above.

- With regard to HDCP 2.2 they did NOT "bullet proof"' it simply because that is not possible for Emotiva, or again, to be fair, neither has, or CAN, anyone else. A product is either HDCP 2.2 compliant or it is not. The XMC is definitely not HDCP 2.2 compliant per their own statements and if it were they would be right to promote it as such. HDCP keys are embedded in the chips and CANNOT be firmware upgraded. For the moment, I believe only some Onkyo AVRs and their Integra cousins are HDCP 2.2 but maybe we'll see more at CEDIA Expo next month. There are some TV sets with it and AFAIK no sources yet other than, perhaps, the Sony 4K server box.

- As to HDMI 2.0, the chips in the XMC can undoubtedly pass 2160/30p/8-bit video. However, to do HDMI 2.0 you need to be able to at least do 2160/60p/4.2.0.. While the XMC may pass that, since it isn't certified and uses older HDMI chips, you pay your money and you take your chances going forward. Again, to be fair, while Emo did say the XMC was 2.0 at one point they realized that was an error and retracted that spec claim.

At this point, an upgrade to either of both of these would require a new HDMI board. For $2K I may wait until they offer those, as I am looking for a processor that is software upgradeable for bug fixes and similar, but not something they expect me to take apart to add any new feature.
sticknstones likes this.
post #576 of 2018 Old 08-03-2014, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 135
XMC-1 owners,

Once Dirac becomes available, would like some feedback on how many channels the REQ does. The available options should be from 2.0 stereo up to 7.1 for movies. Under which modes of audio codec support and playback formats that Dirac can be used is still unclear.

Adjustment of the room curve and it's flexibility/ease of use would be interesting. This may require the additional payment to Dirac so a confirmation of this needs to be taken into consideration for the whole of purchase.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #577 of 2018 Old 08-03-2014, 07:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Once Dirac becomes available, would like some feedback on how many channels the REQ does. The available options should be from 2.0 stereo up to 7.1 for movies. Under which modes of audio codec support and playback formats that Dirac can be used is still unclear.
Dirac processes PCM, so it is probably not a question of codecs but of sample rate. 7.1 is not an issue.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #578 of 2018 Old 08-03-2014, 10:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Once Dirac becomes available, would like some feedback on how many channels the REQ does.
All the channels, irrespective of how many you use at any given time.

Sanjay
post #579 of 2018 Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 135
^^ Kal,

Would XMC-1 decode bit stream compressed source to PCM within the pre/pro and thus enable Dirac to be engaged?

Understand that SACD with bit stream DSD source maybe a problem.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #580 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Just read the last few pages.. So the XMC-1 is finally out?
post #581 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Yes, although it has only shipped to a limited number of people so far. I believe they've shipped two very small batches, and are waiting for a firmware fix that should be out next week before shipping any more. Dan claims to have several hundred sitting, waiting to be shipped. If the update process is as easy as we've been told, I wish they'd just send them out, and let us update them ourselves when it's time.

Alas...

Last edited by Bluescale; 08-04-2014 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typos
post #582 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 05:36 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescale View Post
Yes, although it has only shipped to a limited number of people so far. I believe they've shipped two very small batches, and are waiting for a firmware fix that should be out next week before shipping any more. Dan claims to have several hundred sitting, waiting to be shipped. If the update process is as easy as we've been told, I wish they'd just send them out, and let us update them ourselves when it's time.

Alas...
Impatient... Bluescale
Bluescale likes this.
post #583 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 158
Quote:

Alas...
A) That is not exactly a good omen, bugs that have actually halted shipping. I'm somewhat puzzled by this as the few owners posting make no mention of issues, but they do rave about it. Yet Emotiva has stopped shipping.

B) I'm somewhat puzzled too by the willingness by some to shell out not one, but up to 2000 for a unit that doesn't have it's flagship feature, Dirac. I think Emotiva, for their faults, has been able to really build brand loyalty, and after all they are trying to do something noble, building a domestic manufacturing capacity, like Outlaw does with their amps.
post #584 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Yes, some of us have one already

Projector & Screen: Panasonic AE7000u 3D w/HTB Anamorphic Lens & 130" 2.35:1 CIH Screen
Video: DVDO Edge Audio: Emotiva XMC-1 / XPA-3 / UPA-7
Speakers: eD Custom 6T6 Towers, Emotiva UAC-8.2, Emotiva ERD-1s
Subwoofer: eD A3-300 12" 350w Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
Visit My Theater
post #585 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
^^ Kal,

Would XMC-1 decode bit stream compressed source to PCM within the pre/pro and thus enable Dirac to be engaged?

Understand that SACD with bit stream DSD source maybe a problem.
Considering that every AVR and processor out now can do this, including all of Emotiva's previous processor, YES they will decode bitstreams and then use DIRAC for room correction. Those are pretty basic functions. DSD is a problem for every processor/AVR when it comes to post processing. If you want pure DSD they offer that. If you want to lump DSP onto it have the player output it as PCM and lump the DSP stuff on. Not sure if the XMC will convert DSD to PCM, but there are plenty of players that do it just fine.

Senior Video Editor
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Click Here To See My Current Setup
post #586 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Considering that every AVR and processor out now can do this, including all of Emotiva's previous processor, YES they will decode bitstreams and then use DIRAC for room correction. Those are pretty basic functions. DSD is a problem for every processor/AVR when it comes to post processing. If you want pure DSD they offer that. If you want to lump DSP onto it have the player output it as PCM and lump the DSP stuff on. Not sure if the XMC will convert DSD to PCM, but there are plenty of players that do it just fine.
Thanks for posting this. I tried to post the same in response but the WiFi ISP I was using blocks posting to this site.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #587 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
A) That is not exactly a good omen, bugs that have actually halted shipping. I'm somewhat puzzled by this as the few owners posting make no mention of issues, but they do rave about it. Yet Emotiva has stopped shipping.
The firmware fix is to add flexibility around the dual mono sub configuration options. I'm sure there are bug fixes as well, but since they aren't being widely reported, my guess is they are minor. It's also possible they are right on the cusp of the Dirac release, and don't want to send out any more units before Dirac is available. That is speculation on my part.

Quote:
B) I'm somewhat puzzled too by the willingness by some to shell out not one, but up to 2000 for a unit that doesn't have it's flagship feature, Dirac. I think Emotiva, for their faults, has been able to really build brand loyalty, and after all they are trying to do something noble, building a domestic manufacturing capacity, like Outlaw does with their amps.
As the saying goes, to each his own. I was on board with the XMC years ago, then I wasn't interested at all, then I was curious, then I was excited (around January of this year), then I was seriously annoyed and close to cutting bait, and now I'm hopeful and willing to give it a try. I've got until 30 days after Dirac is released to make up my mind. It's $1,200 and low risk for me. I'd be willing to bet that's the case for all the early orders.
pdcinc and Foggy1 like this.

Last edited by Bluescale; 08-04-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Formatting
post #588 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

I hadn't noticed this post from Dan until a few moment's ago:

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Just a quick note you let you all know that we are very close to releasing the v1.1 revision of the XMC-1 firmware.

We had hoped to release it today, but we found a small bug in beta testing this weekend that is being addressed. I believe we will have it solved in 24-48 hours.

The moment we are happy with it, we will release into the wild. Look here for notification.

This firmware update will address a number of non-critical housekeeping issues, and most importantly improve the stereo bass manager functionality. This is NOT the Dirac update.

Thanks for your patience.
Big Dan
post #589 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Is the dual hdmi output on the XMC-1 usable as a matrix switch? Or does it only replicate the current input on both outputs? Thanks.
post #590 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 158
Quote:
The firmware fix is to add flexibility around the dual mono sub configuration options. I'm sure there are bug fixes as well, but since they aren't being widely reported, my guess is they are minor. It's also possible they are right on the cusp of the Dirac release, and don't want to send out any more units before Dirac is available. That is speculation on my part.

As the saying goes, to each his own. I was on board with the XMC years ago, then I wasn't interested at all, then I was curious, then I was excited (around January of this year), then I was seriously annoyed and close to cutting bait, and now I'm hopeful and willing to give it a try. I've got until 30 days after Dirac is released to make up my mind. It's $1,200 and low risk for me. I'd be willing to bet that's the case for all the early orders.
As the post below yours indicates, looks like they've held off until now because of a minor bug. I tend to doubt the idea of a Dirac firmware at this time, I've followed Emotiva for 5 years and anything like this would be trumpeted loudly. Still, there's a first time for anything and I could be wrong. What strikes me as odd is the suspension of shipments. There is something beyond a small issue that has them not shipping. They tend to tread softly where bugs are concerned, but at least it doesn't look like a repeat of the UMC-1.

As for your long suffering patience, you see, that's what I mean by brand loyalty. I read a post on the Emotiva forum where a guy heaped praise on Emotiva for waiting until the XMC was good and ready before releasing it. I'm thinking, uh, it WAS released before it was ready. No Dirac! And You've been on the list for several years, and have a very positive outlook, assuming it's low risk and thinking everybody's jumping in at 1200, and Dirac might even be ready. Don't get me wrong, I'm merely puzzled by your outlook. I guess it's just me, but I wouldn't plunk down 1200 dollars before the flagship feature is on board and tested in objective owners' homes. Perhaps I've been jaded by past Emotiva experiences(three of them).
post #591 of 2018 Old 08-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
As the post below yours indicates, looks like they've held off until now because of a minor bug. I tend to doubt the idea of a Dirac firmware at this time,
There's no need to speculate at this point. Dan's post clearly states that this is *not* the Dirac update. As I said before, that was just a possibility I was throwing out there. My point was, there isn't any indication that a major bug was holding up shipping.

Quote:
And You've been on the list for several years, and have a very positive outlook, assuming it's low risk...
Is there any reason it's not low risk? If I don't want it, I can return it for a full refund (minus the shipping). I don't have any reason to believe they won't follow through on the guarantee.

I get your skepticism. I'm heaped my fair share of scorn on Emotiva. I've just decided to give them a second chance. You obviously did at one point as well, if you feel you've been burned by them three times.
Foggy1 likes this.
post #592 of 2018 Old 08-05-2014, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Is there any reason it's not low risk? If I don't want it, I can return it for a full refund (minus the shipping). I don't have any reason to believe they won't follow through on the guarantee.
There is no risk if and only if the return option is extended 30 days past the release of Dirac.

Given so many other SSP products have time-domain based room correction, a product with ONLY PEQ correction would not be acceptable to me and I know others.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this to be an awesome product but without Dirac, it can't meet that definition.

And if they really have 5000+ on the waiting list and if only 50% buy, I won't get delivery (given my getting on the list only a bit over a year ago) until some time in the 24th century so at least Dirac should be operational

New Theater

Don't count the years. Make the years count. Lou Holtz
post #593 of 2018 Old 08-05-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this to be an awesome product but without Dirac, it can't meet that definition.
Man, I wish I could fast forward a year from now when it has a huge user base and has been reviewed multiple times by credible audiophiles. It honestly does meet that definition without Dirac. Dirac is just extra icing on the cake and puts the XMC on a whole other level. This processor sounds so much better than my UMC did. It's pretty rediculous.

If you can get it at the $1200 card holder discount, it's an absolute steal.

Projector & Screen: Panasonic AE7000u 3D w/HTB Anamorphic Lens & 130" 2.35:1 CIH Screen
Visit My Theater
post #594 of 2018 Old 08-05-2014, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 575
I would love to know what is making it sound so much better? A lot of the changes outside of Dirac are ones that most on this thread discount for making an "audible" difference. Just curious. Using PEQ along with REW to customize sound to your room is a different story. Other than that it should just be a pre that offers the features that one needs. Just curious for some details other than my XMC-1 sounds great vs. another Emo product. Is the sound colored different? Tell us why or in what way is it better. Dan claims 2 channel performance is outstanding - who's checked it out and compared it to what? Thanks.
Modicen likes this.
post #595 of 2018 Old 08-05-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
I would love to know what is making it sound so much better? A lot of the changes outside of Dirac are ones that most on this thread discount for making an "audible" difference. Just curious. Using PEQ along with REW to customize sound to your room is a different story. Other than that it should just be a pre that offers the features that one needs. Just curious for some details other than my XMC-1 sounds great vs. another Emo product. Is the sound colored different? Tell us why or in what way is it better. Dan claims 2 channel performance is outstanding - who's checked it out and compared it to what? Thanks.
Here's what I wrote over on the lounge when asked the same thing. I can only equate it to movie listening because two channel listening is not as much my thing. I suspect the two channel folks will have a lot to say about the SQ.

"I would equate it to the same improvement I had when adding the XPA-3 to my system. Sure, I had an amplifier before, but at 125w it wasn't supporting the dynamic range nearly as well as the XPA-3 does now. I began hearing all these little details that I had not heard before. Footsteps across a wooden plank or maybe a rope twisted tight came to life. I would say the XMC-1 has made a similar impact. Dialog is also dead on the actor as they move around the screen where it wasn't so much before (our soundstage is the same width as the screen size).

I also noticed that the surrounds sound more effortless and better integrated now. I used the same SPL meter this time as with the UMC so I know the levels were right. With the UMC I'd be sitting in the back row and think, yep..there's a speaker 5 feet from my ear. You definitely had an awareness of speakers back there. With the XMC, I don't notice it anymore. I don't know if it's because of the quality of sound or maybe the side and rear matrixed info has improved? Not sure. It's great though, and very apparent to me.

Hope this helps a little. I'm not very good at describing the nuances of high end audio."
Foggy1 likes this.

Visit My Theater
post #596 of 2018 Old 08-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
There is no risk if and only if the return option is extended 30 days past the release of Dirac.
Emotiva has already verified that. Otherwise, I would not have ordered it.
Foggy1 likes this.
post #597 of 2018 Old 08-05-2014, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
It is not a video processor and is intended to do pass through on the Video.

I am not sure how they did the bullet proof on HDCP 2.2 or HDMI 2.0 and any comments on that would be pure speculation and not very productive. There are some folks working with the 4K pass through without an issue.
Would the DVDO iScan Mini could be a good, solution for video upscaling? $300 direct from the manufacturer or $200 from Amazon US.

DVDO iScan Mini

Quote:
300 MHz (4K Ultra HD) HDMI output capable of up to HDMI 2.0 4K/60 @ 4:2:0
Perhaps it's not completely future-proof as it cannot do 4K/60 @ 4:4:4 ( 8-bit colour depth: HDMI 2.0 CEDIA Webinar )

http://www.dvdo.com/documents/iScanM...sers_Guide.pdf

Last edited by dabotsonline; 08-05-2014 at 11:00 AM.
post #598 of 2018 Old 08-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 65
"I don't have any reason to believe they won't follow through on the guarantee."

How did the guaranteed 3D upgrade work out for you with the UMC-1? Was it easy to install?

I'll tell you what's the most worrisome issue above all right now. Emotiva is working the firmware. V1.1 is coming out soon and they haven't even released Dirac yet? And so it begins....

When is the actual arrival date of Dirac as per Emo? Has it been stated or is it an ETA? Cause if it's an ETA, oh man...
post #599 of 2018 Old 08-05-2014, 02:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by copene View Post
Emotiva is working the firmware. V1.1 is coming out soon...
What do you mean coming out soon? Big Dan posted one week ago that it would be here "by Friday, or Monday at the latest". Has it not been released?

Sanjay
post #600 of 2018 Old 08-05-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 503
If the new FW for the XMC-1 is released this week I'll be impressed with how quickly Emotiva addressed the bass management issue and minor bugs that weren't mentioned. Even though the XMC-1 has been released in limited numbers it seems that there isn't any talk of any major bugs.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page