XLS 215s with CV5000 Amp - which receiver? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-13-2014, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
XLS 215s with CV5000 Amp - which receiver?

With the understanding these seem overkill sitting in my living room... Anyone have experience or suggestions on a reciver to hook these up to? How best to connect these to 5.1 or 7.1? Would you hookup the bi-level posts as part of the additional channels? I assume these would be 2 mains however how does that work with the beefy CV5000 2 channel amp? Any helpful info would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The CV5000 1100 watts at 8 oms the speakers are 500 watts peak. Also why would you want a speaker with dual 15's?
post #3 of 6 Old 07-13-2014, 04:40 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey129 View Post
With the understanding these seem overkill sitting in my living room... Anyone have experience or suggestions on a reciver to hook these up to? How best to connect these to 5.1 or 7.1? Would you hookup the bi-level posts as part of the additional channels? I assume these would be 2 mains however how does that work with the beefy CV5000 2 channel amp? Any helpful info would be appreciated.
where did you get the XLS-215s? Were you able to audition them first? I'd love to hear a pair but there's nowhere to do it at.

Don't bi-wire them, it is a waste of time. Just run them as FL and FR with your receiver or amp, and with that much amp power be careful not to overdo it and blow the speakers.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-13-2014, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginos777 View Post
where did you get the XLS-215s? Were you able to audition them first? I'd love to hear a pair but there's nowhere to do it at.

Don't bi-wire them, it is a waste of time. Just run them as FL and FR with your receiver or amp, and with that much amp power be careful not to overdo it and blow the speakers.
Garage sale special. .. I could flip them however they sound amazing, feels like the band is playing in the room.
I removed my Dynaudio 5406 8 inch driver cabinets and put these (reliving my youth) monsters in their place.. Quantity over Quality I guess...
post #5 of 6 Old 07-13-2014, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
After doing research, does this make sense? Get a 7.1 or 5.1 reciver with multiple preamp outputs, use the CV5000 to power the main FR FL, get a self powered Sub, and use the recievers internal amplifier to power the remaining channels? You can do that, correct?.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
After doing research, does this make sense? Get a 7.1 or 5.1 reciver with multiple preamp outputs, use the CV5000 to power the main FR FL, get a self powered Sub, and use the recievers internal amplifier to power the remaining channels? You can do that, correct?.
Yes but that amp is severe overkill.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread - 215s by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page