Denon AVR-X2100W Bluetooth problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 19 Old 07-14-2014, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Denon AVR-X2100W Bluetooth problem

So I bought an AVR-X2100W and hooked it up to all my gear. It's been great so far until today. I was playing my iPhone via bluetooth and it disconnected. When I tried to re-pair my phone to the receiver, my phone would not recognize the receiver's Bluetooth. Tried it with my iPad Air and get the same thing. The receiver's Bluetooth is not discoverable. The firmware is up to date. I tried turning the receiver off and back on, and hard resetting my phone and iPad and still can't discover the receiver's Bluetooth. Anyone encounter the same problem or have a fix for this?

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-15-2014, 04:31 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8432 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
Issues with a specific model are better posted in the respective Owner's thread.

The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Same thing here. Across a wide variety of Android devices.

Mine did not disconnect, just stopped playing although my devices thought it was fine. I was able to turn it off then unplug it to get it going again, but it took a very long time to reconnect.
Something is really screwy with the BT
post #4 of 19 Old 09-08-2014, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Factory reset...

Hi There, i've just bought this unit on Best Buy Orlando and I'm facing the same issue as other users.

My Android devices auto-disconnects after a few minutes playing and never connects again until I take a factory reset. (So I've gave up to use it).

So, do you guys has any kind of workaround to solve it ?

best regards,
post #5 of 19 Old 10-18-2014, 05:53 PM

I just bought the x4100w, same problem with the Bluetooth. Freezes after 3 songs at most. Although the dnla works perfectly, that's my solution. Use bubbleupnp and neutron player has dnla out feature on my android in its settings. Also had a problem with my flac hard drive, usb, remedied with a fat format. Very nice receiver, just changed over from an Onkyo 727.
post #6 of 19 Old 11-17-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastdoc View Post
So I bought an AVR-X2100W and hooked it up to all my gear. It's been great so far until today. I was playing my iPhone via bluetooth and it disconnected. When I tried to re-pair my phone to the receiver, my phone would not recognize the receiver's Bluetooth. Tried it with my iPad Air and get the same thing. The receiver's Bluetooth is not discoverable. The firmware is up to date. I tried turning the receiver off and back on, and hard resetting my phone and iPad and still can't discover the receiver's Bluetooth. Anyone encounter the same problem or have a fix for this?

Thx
Any solutions ? Did you tried to reset the Denon receiver ? Denon's support suggested it for me, which allow you to repair the device, but I don't know if the problem can occur again.
post #7 of 19 Old 12-09-2014, 08:16 PM

I fixed this issue by changing the network connection back to wired for a few minutes. Receiver automatically paired with my Samsung Tab S 10.1 after that. After that I switched back to the WiFi mode and it still works.
post #8 of 19 Old 12-22-2014, 08:59 PM

Thanks same problems here and i got it changing the network too i hope denon fixes this as soon as possible
post #9 of 19 Old 01-11-2015, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
First time I got the issue I could not connect at all to my Nexus 5 so I had to factory reset.

It worked good for a bit and now its happening again so what I do is turn off the bluetooth on my phone/tablet etc... then switch source on the receiver and then turn the bluetooth on phone/tablet and then switch to bluetooth source on the receiver. It connects after that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one and I hope they fix it soon. Mine is the AVR-S700W
post #10 of 19 Old 01-13-2015, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Same problem here. Iphone 6 paired worked for a few hours now my phone doesn't find the denon. Turned denon avr-x2100 on and off multiple times. Did a soft reset on iPhone 6 multiple times. No luck.
I updated the denon to the latest firmware as well, that was before this issue. I've also had multiple "hdmi handshake" problems and nothing changed in the setup except swapping from a marantz sr5006 to this receiver (Marantz died after 2.5 years). I'm having bad luck with D&M!! Ugh
post #11 of 19 Old 01-13-2015, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have an x1100w and get this problem occassionally. Remove the receiver from your paired device then unplug the receiver for 30 seconds. Plug it back in and you should be able to re-pair it.
post #12 of 19 Old 01-31-2015, 07:03 PM

Bluetooth and Denon AVRS900W

I am on my third unit because of this issue. Now that I know I am not alone I am somewhat comforted. I tried the "unplug for 30 seconds" and that worked. I just hope it doesn't happen with frequency and gets resolved through a firmware update. Thanks all of you for hosting and therefore helping.
post #13 of 19 Old 02-02-2015, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
When pairing, I found you need to tap Pair on the device (in my case an iPhone), then use the remote and hit enter to click Pair on the TV. This process seems redundant, but it appears to work.

I spoke to Denon support and they were hoping for a firmware upgrade in March that would resolve the Bluetooth issues they've been having.
post #14 of 19 Old 03-23-2015, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thumbs down Blueutooth no connection when pairing

I cant even get to pair my Galaxy Note 3 to my Denon x2100w. Please advice.
post #15 of 19 Old 03-24-2015, 12:21 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8432 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
^^
The higher level models got a firmware update recently to improve Bluetooth connectivity which should be rolling down to the lower level models soon so be sure to update the firmware when it becomes available. Also, be sure to check out the 2014 Denon AVR Owner's thread which has a lot more helpful information, especially in posts 3-6 of that thread.

The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #16 of 19 Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlaikl View Post
I cant even get to pair my Galaxy Note 3 to my Denon x2100w. Please advice.
Follow post 11 method, it worked for me too!
post #17 of 19 Old 04-08-2015, 11:00 AM

Additional messages:

I followed post #11 , plus unpluged Ethernet cable, reconnected power cord, turned on AVR, pluged in Ethernet cable, waited until Internet connect was done, chose Bluetooth, pressed Option button, chose "Pair Mode" while your mobile device found the AVR again as normal setup for Bluetooth step.

(Note: Although Bluetooth is not related to Ethernet port of Internet, but try whatever possible to resolve it)
post #18 of 19 Old 04-08-2015, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Whats the point of bluetooth on a avr? I get it in a automobile, but not at home! Bluetooth is so unreliable imo...

My 4100 has it, but Ive never used it...
post #19 of 19 Old 04-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 104
My X2100w is downloading a firmware update right now. Hopefully this fixes the bluetooth (though it covers more that that--so far I've noticed Sub, DSP, and GUI come up, 20 minutes left)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page