Looking for new receiver, budget around $500. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2014, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looking for new receiver, budget around $500.

My Onkyo HT-RC180 (807) just got the infamous Hdmi issue. Onkyo is willing to do the one-time warranty deal so it's going in for repair. Not wanting this problem popping again later on I'm thinking of picking a new receiver. I'm thinking of picking up the Denon X2000 but was wondering if there is anything else around my budget of $500 that I should consider? Would like Airplay built in or it's Android equivalent. Already have a network cable run into the space so don't need Wifi/Bluetooth. Also considering the X4000 for the XT32 but I'm not sure I can justify the cost since it's almost double my plan budget.

My setup consist of:

2 Infinity P363 FL/FR
2 Infinity P163 SL/SR
Hsu Sub
Aura/Buttkicker x1

Any advice appreciated!! Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Denon gets my vote with Yamaha very close behind.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Get the x2000, most receivers will all have enough power to play your speakers at a good listening volume. It comes down to what features you need from it, if the x2000 meets those needs then go for it. The yamaha's are great and very reliable. Both have a different sound to them so you may want to check them out at a local store. The 677 or x2000 both about $400 or less at this point and both have 3 year warrentys. Room correction is bette on the denon and it EQ's the sub, Yamahas is OK, no sub EX but you can modify the settings manually as with Denons you cant. 677 you can have party mode, and I think you can on the denon but I might be incorrect. I know you can with the x3000 and up.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Pulled the trigger on the X2000 at a nearby Best Buy price matching Crutchfield. Thanks for the advices!