AVS Forum banner

Denon avr 3311 hdmi board problems

13K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jdsmoothie 
#1 ·
I lost my hdmi board on a Denon 3311 for no apparent reason, when I inquired about repair, I was told that hdmi boards are not available for Denon receivers, this is the second Denon receiver I own that has lost a board in the last 3 months. I was told to do a firmware update as that might help, but it failed and now the receiver is stuck in an update firmware loop and isn't even usable as an audio only unit. Does anyone know how to stop this firmware update loop?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

T

#2 ·
Do a network reset by pressing/holding the UP/DOWN arrow buttons on the front panel while powering on the unit (similar to a microprocessor reset). Also if you purchased from an authorized dealer, although the 3 year warranty has likely passed, if you used a credit card, the card issuer may add an additional year making it a 4 year warranty if you are still inside 4 years from purchase.

#3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions jdsmoothie, I tried the up/down arrow while plugging in power and same with front power switch, but didn't notice anything happening except the regular startup followed by the please wait, update in progress crap. If there is anything that indicates that the network reboot is occuring could you please indicate what it might be.

Is there any way to actually disable the auto update loop?

Thanks again

T

#5 ·
Thank-you so much jdsmoothie, you are a genius, worked like a charm, now I can use the optical inputs for my input sources for audio and plug the HDMI directly into the Panny plasma and the Denon 3311 is usable once again, thank you so much, thought I was gonna have to door stop it for sure.

T

#10 ·
Good afternoon my friend .

I need help with my Denon 3311 .
IT IS Making Update and never ends , It seems That Can not Connect to Server !
8min gets and 4min resets and starts all again , FICA forever if you leave .
Não I can upgrade FOR RS232 OU usb?
Already, thanks to the Help of Friends !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.