Peachtree Audio Questions - help appreciated! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-17-2014, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question Peachtree Audio Questions - help appreciated!

Hi,

I'm looking to pickup a peachtree component (or two), but not sure about the brand or model to purchase. I was hoping someone could help with some of these questions:
  1. Why should I buy peachtree as opposed to say Marantz, Onkyo, NAD, or Denon in the same price range?
  2. I've heard about a lot of peachtree components having issues relatively early on in ownership. Is this still true with units purchased recently?
  3. Has anyone had issues with one of the refurb units?
  4. I'm looking at buying a used Peachtree Nova or a refurbished Decco 65, or a Nova65SE ... what I can't wrap my head around is that the newer models have less inputs and outputs than the older models. Aside that and the fact that the first two aren't being manufactured anymore, can someone in the know tell me the difference between those three models? What's better about the Nova65?
They look absolutely sexy, but I need more reason than just that to buy one.
Also, I'll be powering 2 Venere 2.0 speakers and running alongside a velodyne sub.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't have answers to your questions but can tell why I chose Peachtree.

I was searching for a type of sound and Peachtree offered it. I've always interpreted sound from my ATV, CD player and Mac Mini as being dry, slightly brittle and nowhere near smooth. Since I was happy with my preamp and amp (Emotiva UMC-200/XPA-3) I auditioned a few standalone DACS including Emotiva, Schiit and MF. Peachtree's DAC It X was the most suited for my tastes which center around warmth and avoiding fatigue versus "accuracy." The DAC tames much of the midrange brightness in so many orchestral recordings and I'm enjoying long listening sessions without ever feeling worn down. The sound is really something; wide, deep and to use a ridiculous buzz word "organic."

Peachtree is a tiny company and I've received replies to email from their leadership so I'm confident you would never experience any nonsense if you had an issue. The company reminds me of Vandersteen and how their staff is happily available to help.

Last edited by loop7; Yesterday at 05:29 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I think you can get a GREAT deal HERE. The Seller is first class, you can trust the transaction.

Not affiliated

https://community.klipsch.com/index....ds-price-drop/

Symmetry pleases the eye, but it usually offends the ears where low frequencies are concerned. -Yoda Fitzmaurice
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page