Questions on onkyo 3009 and xo frqs - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Questions on onkyo 3009 and xo frqs

Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tsunamijhoe's Avatar Tsunamijhoe
08:23 AM Liked: 12
post #1 of 1
07-17-2014 | Posts: 52
Hey guys
I was wondering if you can help me a bit.

I am using my onkyo 3009 to drive my front=B&W 683x2 center=B&W HTM61 and surrounds=B&W DS3x4 as well as 2 Paradigm PS-1200,and i am a bit confused about the xo settings my amp sets.
Now,since i run 2 subwoofers, should my mains be set to the xo audessey reports, or as large? My retailer said i should run both the center and fronts as large and set my surrounds to 120hz,but this does not sound right.
Also,i am in the process of exchanging the paradigms for dual SVS PB-2000 as my paradigms kinda struggle with very low frequencies,and one of them has begun to chuff even at low volume,and it annoys me very much,i has never done this before so i might suspect it is failing soon, they are over 10 years old and have served me well.

Am i correct in understanding that xo, for mains will send every freq below the xo to the subs,and the xo set on the subs will send every freq above to my the respective speakers? If this is the case,there shouldnt be a gap right? Like if the front are set to 80hz and the sub to 60hz that leaves a 20hz gap,what happens to these frequencies?

I have read ALOT of threads concerning this,and all it does is making me more confused,as seemingly there is no "correct" setting,as it is individual taste as i understand it

Thank you

I have a dedicated home cinema measuring 8x5x2.2meters with slanted walls running the lenght on both sides, and i have concrete end walls that have been treated with Trolltek acustic tiles in all corners and 1.2 meters along the end walls on both sides,and the subwoofers are placed front right corner,and back left corner, it is the back left sub that chuffs very much.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Subscribe to this Thread