AVS Forum banner

need receiver advice

616 views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  MEGATURON 
#1 ·
I need suggestions on what receiver would be best to pair with the AJ Pioneer Phase 2 speakers or the Infinity Primus line of speakers. Probably don't want to spend over $400 if I can help it.

#11 ·
That extra 15 watts means the x2000 will play 0.7dB louder. A 1dB change is about the limit of human hearing.

#6 · (Edited)
It would be a listener preference. You'll need to decide that as there is no clear cut favorite. I've heard them both and they both sound good. i wasn't looking to purchase though so I didn't compare that closely. I already have a better set of tower speakers, they cost more though.

The Infinity has a higher sensitivity and will play louder at the same volume level than the Pioneer speakers. Playing louder does not make it a better speaker though. The sound quality preference is for you to decide. Each person hears different things so this is a subjective decision.

#17 ·
Product description, but when I had one a few years ago I remember checking the dimensions for someone else and it was pretty much spot on. What I don't remember is whether the height included the supplied rubber feet or not. But my current Beta 250's height (6 11/16") does include the little rubber feet (6 11/16" with the feet, 6 1/2" without).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.