need receiver advice - AVS Forum
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > need receiver advice
Warner2Bruce 04:11 PM 07-23-2014
I need suggestions on what receiver would be best to pair with the AJ Pioneer Phase 2 speakers or the Infinity Primus line of speakers. Probably don't want to spend over $400 if I can help it.

Warner2Bruce 04:30 PM 07-23-2014
A couple I was considering were the Denon X1000 and the Denon X2000. There could be better choices. Between these two, should i be concerned that the X1000 is rated for 80 watts and the X2000 rated for 95 watts.
fatbottom's Avatar fatbottom 04:36 PM 07-23-2014
15W difference is nothing.

But at least Denon seem to have real output closer to spec

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...-labs-measures
http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/pa...ductid=avr2313

Rated 105W, 77W output
afrogt's Avatar afrogt 04:53 PM 07-23-2014
you wont notice the difference between 80W and 95W. Get the receiver with all the features you need.

The Pioneer AJ speakers can be powered by any entry level receiver. The Infinity Primus is easy to drive too.
Warner2Bruce 04:59 PM 07-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
you wont notice the difference between 80W and 95W. Get the receiver with all the features you need.

The Pioneer AJ speakers can be powered by any entry level receiver. The Infinity Primus is easy to drive too.
Good to know. Just on a sidenote, which set would you consider the better speakers? Will be going floorstanders with either. Do the Infinity's just play a little louder?
afrogt's Avatar afrogt 05:04 PM 07-23-2014
It would be a listener preference. You'll need to decide that as there is no clear cut favorite. I've heard them both and they both sound good. i wasn't looking to purchase though so I didn't compare that closely. I already have a better set of tower speakers, they cost more though.

The Infinity has a higher sensitivity and will play louder at the same volume level than the Pioneer speakers. Playing louder does not make it a better speaker though. The sound quality preference is for you to decide. Each person hears different things so this is a subjective decision.
Warner2Bruce 05:42 PM 07-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Do you think it is important to have a receiver with 4K at this time?
zieglj01's Avatar zieglj01 06:01 PM 07-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Do you think it is important to have a receiver with 4K at this time?
Things tend to change - I would get a good low price receiver now, and not be too concerned about 4k
at this time. You can upgrade the receiver later.

Your call
Warner2Bruce 06:10 PM 07-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
Things tend to change - I would get a good low price receiver now, and not be too concerned about 4k
at this time. You can upgrade the receiver later.

Your call
I wouldn't be debating but the Denon X1000 is at its lowest price ever on Amazon according to camelcamelcamel. I'm afraid the well for the Denon X2000 at $399 is going to be drying up fast. 4K upscaling seems to be the difference between the other two (other than 5.1 vs. 7.1). If you saw my prior thread about speaker placement, you know my room would be difficult to accomodate a 7.1 unless I go to mounting the rear surrounds in a 7.1 to the ceiling. But, none of the Primus or AJ Pioneer phase 2 bookshelves allow for ceiling mounting it seems.
zieglj01's Avatar zieglj01 07:00 PM 07-23-2014
Quote:
I wouldn't be debating but the Denon X1000 is at its lowest price ever on Amazon according to camelcamelcamel. I'm afraid the well for the Denon X2000 at $399 is going to be drying up fast.
It is your call - however, you seem to be spinning on a merry-go-round.
Sometimes you need to stop the spinning, and just make a decision.
SmithandWesson's Avatar SmithandWesson 07:21 PM 07-23-2014
Quote:
A couple I was considering were the Denon X1000 and the Denon X2000. There could be better choices. Between these two, should i be concerned that the X1000 is rated for 80 watts and the X2000 rated for 95 watts.
That extra 15 watts means the x2000 will play 0.7dB louder. A 1dB change is about the limit of human hearing.
Warner2Bruce 08:24 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
It is your call - however, you seem to be spinning on a merry-go-round.
Sometimes you need to stop the spinning, and just make a decision.
You are right. I pulled the trigger on the Denon X2000. Next, I am going to pull the trigger on one of the Outlaw subwoofers. Where I am still having the dificulty is evaluating the Infinity Primus speakers vs. AJ Pioneer phase 2.... Decisions, decisions.
MEGATURON's Avatar MEGATURON 08:42 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
You are right. I pulled the trigger on the Denon X2000. Next, I am going to pull the trigger on one of the Outlaw subwoofers. Where I am still having the dificulty is evaluating the Infinity Primus speakers vs. AJ Pioneer phase 2.... Decisions, decisions.
I am new to this justlike u and im no audiophile but U have the same setup as mine. I have denonx2000 and i loveit u can control it through ipad and other devices. I suggest get infinity primus they sound great man and they are cheap i suggest to get the tower while theyre on sale right now for $107 and make sure u get the pc 351 this thing is a beast its huge but the sound is crisp and clear i have it and im happy with it. For the rears i suggest get the p 153 for fifty bucks or so and go for that outlaw itscheap. But me im sticking to pb2000. I hearalot of response on this nd lot of people love them.
Warner2Bruce 09:41 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGATURON View Post
I am new to this justlike u and im no audiophile but U have the same setup as mine. I have denonx2000 and i loveit u can control it through ipad and other devices. I suggest get infinity primus they sound great man and they are cheap i suggest to get the tower while theyre on sale right now for $107 and make sure u get the pc 351 this thing is a beast its huge but the sound is crisp and clear i have it and im happy with it. For the rears i suggest get the p 153 for fifty bucks or so and go for that outlaw itscheap. But me im sticking to pb2000. I hearalot of response on this nd lot of people love them.
I already have the Infinity 363 towers. I did get them for $107 each. I actually have the AJ Pioneer Phase 2 also. I picked up the two towers, center, and 22 bookshelfs for about $240 because I caught them on sale. Did you listen to those before you bought? By the wall, how tall is that PC 351 Infinity channel? I'm wondering if it will fit on one of the shelves of my stand.
gene c353's Avatar gene c353 10:14 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
I already have the Infinity 363 towers. I did get them for $107 each. I actually have the AJ Pioneer Phase 2 also. I picked up the two towers, center, and 22 bookshelfs for about $240 because I caught them on sale. Did you listen to those before you bought? By the wall, how tall is that PC 351 Infinity channel? I'm wondering if it will fit on one of the shelves of my stand.
23-3/4"W x 7-3/8"H x 9-11/16"D

Kind of wide too.
Warner2Bruce 10:30 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c353 View Post
23-3/4"W x 7-3/8"H x 9-11/16"D

Kind of wide too.
Are those actual measurements or just on the box or product description?
gene c353's Avatar gene c353 12:01 AM 07-25-2014
Product description, but when I had one a few years ago I remember checking the dimensions for someone else and it was pretty much spot on. What I don't remember is whether the height included the supplied rubber feet or not. But my current Beta 250's height (6 11/16") does include the little rubber feet (6 11/16" with the feet, 6 1/2" without).
MEGATURON's Avatar MEGATURON 05:12 AM 07-25-2014
Quote:
nop i haven't listened to them but it was recommended to me i owne the bookshelves btw not the towers anyways they almost used the same materials and drivers for it so it might not have a lot of difference soundwise. anyways the pc351 is huge and heavy 23.9 x 9.2 x 7.4 inches ; 25 pounds this is my first center channel besides the bose cinemate series 1 i tell u this thing is crisp im happy with my infinity p163 and pc 351 as fronts but who knows couple of years down the road i might upgrade to lets say. svs ultrabookshelves, ascend siearra 2 or 1 or ascend 340. i recommend this center i watch couple of movies like transformers 123 and tron theyre voice is crisp .
Up
Mobile  Desktop