The "Official" 2014 Denon Atmos+XT32 Model Thread (X4100/X5200/X7200) - Page 291 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3046Likes

post #8701 of 11339 Old 09-18-2015, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Forced to amp the Height 2 speakers externally as there are no Height 2 speaker posts on the X4100W,
No way to remap any of all the unused ports on the 4100?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8702 of 11339 Old 09-18-2015, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 378 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15051 Post(s)
Liked: 7262
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
No way to remap any of all the unused ports on the 4100?
No, only the "flagship" Denon X7200WA has this feature.
post #8703 of 11339 Old 09-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anyone upgraded the 4100 to Auro 3D? Is it worth $200? Should I ask this in a different thread?

post #8704 of 11339 Old 09-19-2015, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legierk View Post
Has anyone upgraded the 4100 to Auro 3D? Is it worth $200? Should I ask this in a different thread?
No issues asking here, but you'll get a better response as to the owner's reaction in the Auro 3D thread. Currently the only available Auro 3D BDs have been released in Europe. However, some owners tend to prefer the AuroMatic (upmixer) with DD/DTS music sources better than the Dolby Surround upmixer.

The official Auro 3D thread (home theater version)
post #8705 of 11339 Old 09-19-2015, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone else using Harmony with this having troulbe starting activities like pandora/vtuner(internet radio) ?

Seems like if the amp receives an input command that's the same as what's previously selected, you go back to the root menu. So if Zone 2 was playing Internet Radio yesterday and you fire it up again today, it won't auto play, it goes back to the root menu waiting for you to pick a station. I think the only way to avoid this is to execute a NetRadio input either at entry to activity or as an exit action. Good ole Logitech took those options out of the MyHarmony Windows app (you can only pick sleep, volume etc before start or exit).

Sure you can go pick it thru Denon app or something like that, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having activities.

I sent the latest hex codes from denon's site to harmony's data support group. wondering if anyone else has found a better way to handle this.
post #8706 of 11339 Old 09-19-2015, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey88 View Post
I didn`t set any gain . Audyssey measured it at 75db standard , guided me to match the two subs so they would have the same output and the result was -7.5db which is low side of what I like ... I wanted more power .
I think I was mistaken on the +6 db increase ... you are right , it was 7.5 db . Audyssey increases the output to 0 so my subs were increased from -7.5db to 0 db ... a big jump . Because I wanted an increase of only around 4 db , I lowered the gain from 0 to -3.5 db in order to obtain an output of +4db over the original Audyssey level of -7.5db . I set it at -3.5 db level which is perfect for me .
Thanks for the correction ... its been some time since I did it .
Folks, Is adjusting via SLA the same as adjusting it thru the trim level settings? It's should be, shouldn't it?
post #8707 of 11339 Old 09-19-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Folks, Is adjusting via SLA the same as adjusting it thru the trim level settings? It's should be, shouldn't it?
As previously mentioned, better to avoid using, rather instead use the Manual Setup Test Tones setting.
post #8708 of 11339 Old 09-19-2015, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
As previously mentioned, better to avoid using, rather instead use the Manual Setup Test Tones setting.
Thanks man, under what circumstances would it make sense to use SLA then?
post #8709 of 11339 Old 09-19-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks man, under what circumstances would it make sense to use SLA then?
Never.
post #8710 of 11339 Old 09-19-2015, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Never.
Ok, I'm not trying to be hard to get along with, but why the hell would they put it there then?
post #8711 of 11339 Old 09-19-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Ok, I'm not trying to be hard to get along with, but why the hell would they put it there then?
As long as you understand the issue described in item 8 of post 3 of this thread, feel free to use the setting to your heart's content.
post #8712 of 11339 Old 09-20-2015, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 11
HI...need a little help here. (reposted here as I posted in wrong area and will expound a little here on what I did.)

Went to watch cable TV on my home theater being driven by the Denon x5200W to my projector.
No output was detected. I checked my oppo DVD and other I/O's and they all worked fine.
I then plugged my Cable HDMI cable into an unused Bluray HDMI input slot on the Denon and switched to that inout and was able to watch TV there. SO, I know my cable TV and HDMI cabler are working.
It seems that the CBL/SAT HDMI inout on my Denon has gone bad.
IS that common or possible? Is there a simpler explanation or a simple fix or do I need to have it repaired?

Anyone deal with this before...help appreciated.

Dan
post #8713 of 11339 Old 09-20-2015, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1699 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrudy View Post
HI...need a little help here. (reposted here as I posted in wrong area and will expound a little here on what I did.)

Went to watch cable TV on my home theater being driven by the Denon x5200W to my projector.
No output was detected. I checked my oppo DVD and other I/O's and they all worked fine.
I then plugged my Cable HDMI cable into an unused Bluray HDMI input slot on the Denon and switched to that inout and was able to watch TV there. SO, I know my cable TV and HDMI cabler are working.
IS that common or possible? Is there a simpler explanation or a simple fix or do I need to have it repaired?

Dan
May be the CBL/SAT input is disabled on your denon.
One word "RTFM".....
post #8714 of 11339 Old 09-20-2015, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1598 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
Quote:

Dan
Have you verified whether another input source functions properly using the CBL/SAT HDMI connector in the AVR? If so, then you could be dealing with an HDMI handshake issue related to your cable box. JD has provided detailed troubleshooting procedures here, but I will copy them below:

k. HDMI Handshake Issues (audio/video dropouts): Handshake issues will most often present as "audio dropouts" or sometimes video display issues. Ensure the source device having the issue has the latest firmware installed and has been reset (ie. powered down, unplugged for a few minutes, then powered back ON again). For a more detailed HDMI reset try the following procedure ....
  • HDMI HDCP reset
  • With all devices powered on, remove the two HDMI cables at both ends from the source device to the AVR and from the AVR to the TV.
  • Power off all devices and disconnect power cables to all devices.
  • Wait 10-15 minutes.
  • Reconnect HDMI and power cables to all devices.
  • Power on the devices in this order ... TV, wait a few secs, AVR, wait a few secs, and then source device (although this is the generally recommended order, in some instances, you may have better luck powering on the AVR first and then the TV, then the source last ... bottom line if it's still not working, try a different power on sequence).
If the issue only involves the cable/sat box, HDMI handshake issues with cable/sat boxes are quite common (with any brand of AVR) and are usually always the fault of the cable/sat box not being designed to be connected to an HDMI repeater (ie. AVR) which is why they work without issue connected directly to the TV. Give your cable/sat box provider a call to see if there is a separate firmware update that can be applied to the box to resolve the issue although note that in some cases, a future firmware update to the cable/sat box may very well cause an HDMI handshake issue as well, so your best option to avoid the issue now (or in the future) is to connect the cable/sat box HDMI directly to the TV and also connect an optical cable from the cable/sat box to the AVR for surround audio. If you don't have an optical cable available, and your cable/sat box has a coax digital "orange" output, you can also use a coax digital cable (note: a "yellow" composite video RCA cable is a suitable substitute) and connect it to the SAT/CBL coax digital input on the AVR (ie. right next to the optical jack). Note that with this configuration (ie. HDMI straight to TV) you will lose the GUI/status menu for the cable/sat box, but you retain the capability to watch TV using the TV speakers only with the AVR in Standby (eg. news, sports, wife, kids). Another option, if your AVR features a component video input is to connect both a component video cable and an optical (or digital coax) cable from the cable/sat box to the AVR noting that although you gain the GUI/status menu feature, you will lose the capability to watch TV using the TV speakers only. You may also want to try upgrading to a different model cable/sat box.

Other possible solutions:
  • Try inserting an HDMI switch in between the AVR and the TV.
  • Ensure there is proper ventilation around the AVR (at least 3-4" above the unit) and if enclosed in a cabinet, use a PC fan to exhaust the heated air out the back of the cabinet
  • HDMI performance can also vary between the different HDMI input jacks due to quirks of circuit board design so be sure to try each of the other HDMI inputs as one may work better than another
  • With the (S910W/X2200W) and higher models, if you are having a video issue, try setting the "Resolution" setting to the resolution of the TV(eg. 1080p) rather than using the "Auto" setting.
  • Try inserting the Dr. HDMI between the AVR and the TV/PJ.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D UHD LCD TV w/FALD; Oppo UDP-203; Sony BDP-S5200 (multi-region); Denon AVR-X5200W (Video: Dolby Atmos/DSU 7.1.4; Music: DTS Neo:X 11.1); Dayton Audio MA1260 12-Channel Amplifier (60wpc); Polk Audio RTiA7 (F/LR), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (FW), OWM5 (Sr, SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, TR); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929 LCD HDTV w/FALD, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703

Last edited by chi_guy50; 09-20-2015 at 03:26 PM.
post #8715 of 11339 Old 09-20-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:

Dan
Would have been great if you had already tried my suggested resolution before posting again in this thread ... so I'll simply repeat it again .....

If not already doing so, to avoid HDMI handshake issues, it's generally best to power on the display first, wait 4-5 seconds, then the AVR, wait another 4-5 seconds, and then finally the source. If this doesn't resolve the issue, then check to see if other devices work with the CBL/SAT HDMI input (if that's the one that isn't working). If another device works with it, then simply reassign the inputs to their new source names. No repair required. Also try using another HDMI cable from the cable box to that HDMI input. If none of your other HDMI sources work on that input, then you could try doing a microprocessor reset (see post 4 of the thread linked below) and if still no joy, then send in for repair.
post #8716 of 11339 Old 09-21-2015, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Well I found out today that they ordered an HDMI Board for my X5200W. At least they diagnosed it and I'm feeling better because I know I wasn't imagining the audio dropouts (while playing a source) and the clicking noises (while the unit was turned off) which was kind of suspicious to me.
Well after almost 9 months of audio dropouts and several resets, replacement, etc., I've finally figured out the problem. It seems the X5200W doesn't play well with my home network. After disconnecting the AVR from the network, I've experienced no audio dropouts at all.

I have a Netgear WNDR3700 and it's either the router itself or some setting on the router that the AVR doesn't like. Anyone else have this model that might be aware of a setting that might be causing the problem?

lujan
229 Ultra HD
782 HD
18 HD DVD
4 SD
post #8717 of 11339 Old 09-21-2015, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Well after almost 9 months of audio dropouts and several resets, replacement, etc., I've finally figured out the problem. It seems the X5200W doesn't play well with my home network. After disconnecting the AVR from the network, I've experienced no audio dropouts at all.

I have a Netgear WNDR3700 and it's either the router itself or some setting on the router that the AVR doesn't like. Anyone else have this model that might be aware of a setting that might be causing the problem?
I hear about lots of problems with AV Gear using netgear routers

Home Theater and Home Automation Enthusiast
post #8718 of 11339 Old 09-21-2015, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 3355 Post(s)
Liked: 3073
Quote:

Make sure you use the wired connection (to make sure it's not due to BT or wifi interferences) and reserve a fixed IP address for the X5200W in the router LAN configuration table if you use DHCP.

If this works, enable wifi with a fixed IP address as well (it will be a different MAC address in the LAN table).

That way you should be able to pinpoint the problem more easily.

I use a netgear router (LAN with reserved IP address using DHCP) and I have zero interferences.
post #8719 of 11339 Old 09-21-2015, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Make sure you use the wired connection (to make sure it's not due to BT or wifi interferences) and reserve a fixed IP address for the X5200W in the router LAN configuration table if you use DHCP.

If this works, enable wifi with a fixed IP address as well (it will be a different MAC address in the LAN table).

That way you should be able to pinpoint the problem more easily.

I use a netgear router (LAN with reserved IP address using DHCP) and I have zero interferences.
Thanks, I've already tried using a fixed I.P. Address on both a wired and wireless connection. That didn't help. The only thing that removed the audio dropouts was disconnecting the network altogether. Denon engineers are aware of this issue and hopefully will come out with a fix.

lujan
229 Ultra HD
782 HD
18 HD DVD
4 SD
post #8720 of 11339 Old 09-21-2015, 08:58 AM
wl1
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 198
The only issues I have had with my 7200 and network was fixed by defaulting the friendly name. Have you changed it at all?

Ken Kreisel Twin DXD808, Q125 LCR, x4 Q125 TriFX, x4 QFH - for Atmos 7.2.4/Auro 9.2/DTS:X 11.2
Oppo 93 & 203 & Sony VPLHW55ES PJ with Lumagen 2020, 2.35:1 Seymour AT XD screen. Logitech Ultimate One & Hub, SqBox Touch & Philips Hue. Nakamichi AVP1 with Denon X7200WA. With MiniDSP 2x4.
post #8721 of 11339 Old 09-21-2015, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
The only issues I have had with my 7200 and network was fixed by defaulting the friendly name. Have you changed it at all?
No, I use the name that the AVR gives the network but it does show 2 of them (one for 2.4Ghz and one for 5Ghz). I always choose the first one (2.4Ghz). Don't know if that would make a difference?

lujan
229 Ultra HD
782 HD
18 HD DVD
4 SD
post #8722 of 11339 Old 09-21-2015, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, I've already tried using a fixed I.P. Address on both a wired and wireless connection. That didn't help. The only thing that removed the audio dropouts was disconnecting the network altogether. Denon engineers are aware of this issue and hopefully will come out with a fix.
I found this from JDSmoothie on the 2011 & 2012 model receivers:

"If you have a NETGEAR router which is causing problems, try disabling the UPnP mode. Also make sure that the router's SSID is not "hidden", nor should it have a blank (" ") in its’ name."

Do you think this might help?

lujan
229 Ultra HD
782 HD
18 HD DVD
4 SD
post #8723 of 11339 Old 09-22-2015, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Am wondering anybody faces the same issue as me...

When I switched on my 7200 amp today, no sound from speakers. Did a test tone, all channel came out only from front left. All speakers working fine because I tested individual by connecting to front left output.

Did an audyssey setup and all channel responded with the sound wave...

Did back the test tone and same result..

I don't know how do I continue to test the amp to see what went wrong or should I simply sent back for repair... am suspecting hardware fault.

By the way I also restore my last good save config but result still same... all channel sound came from front left during test tone.

Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
post #8724 of 11339 Old 09-22-2015, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by winwinc81 View Post

When I switched on my 7200 amp today, no sound from speakers. Did a test tone, all channel came out only from front left. All speakers working fine because I tested individual by connecting to front left output.

I don't know how do I continue to test the amp to see what went wrong or should I simply sent back for repair... am suspecting hardware fault.

By the way I also restore my last good save config but result still same... all channel sound came from front left during test tone.

Thanks

Do a reset to the microprocessor. This is the last resort before considering to send on for repair. All the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S2
winwinc81 likes this.
post #8725 of 11339 Old 09-22-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winwinc81 View Post

Thanks

When something odd occurs with the AVR, the first troubleshooting step is simply doing a "soft reset" by unplugging the AVR's power cord for about 10 minutes which will not result in any settings being changed. If still no joy, then a single microprocessor reset would be the next step which would result in settings being deleted, so best to do a SAVE (via Web Control) prior to this step. And if yet, still no joy, do a series of microprocessor resets (eg. 4 or 5 in a row). If after all of the above, the issue still presents, then it's likely time to send the unit in for warranty repair.
desray2k and winwinc81 like this.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 09-22-2015 at 08:05 AM.
post #8726 of 11339 Old 09-22-2015, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I was wondering if anyone has any information on the release of the DTSX firmware update for the X7200WA receiver and when that might happen?

Samsung UN75HU8550 SEK-3500 Marantz AV8802A Monster Power Parasound A51x2 Samsung UDB-K8500 Oppo BDP-105D Rega RP-6 Panasonic DMR-EZ48V Sony PS4 Xfinity X1 DVR
Slingbox 500 Sony PS4 Sonos Connect Amp Apple TV Roku 4 Amazon Fire TV Nvidia Shield
Adcom GFS-3 Speaker Selector B&W Nautilus 11.2 Speaker Setup Velodyne DD-18x2
post #8727 of 11339 Old 09-22-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofsoren View Post
I was wondering if anyone has any information on the release of the DTSX firmware update for the X7200WA receiver and when that might happen?
Yes, slated for Dec 2015.
post #8728 of 11339 Old 09-22-2015, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Thank JD!

Samsung UN75HU8550 SEK-3500 Marantz AV8802A Monster Power Parasound A51x2 Samsung UDB-K8500 Oppo BDP-105D Rega RP-6 Panasonic DMR-EZ48V Sony PS4 Xfinity X1 DVR
Slingbox 500 Sony PS4 Sonos Connect Amp Apple TV Roku 4 Amazon Fire TV Nvidia Shield
Adcom GFS-3 Speaker Selector B&W Nautilus 11.2 Speaker Setup Velodyne DD-18x2
post #8729 of 11339 Old 09-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Yes, slated for Dec 2015.
Hopefully before the X'mas....

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S2
post #8730 of 11339 Old 09-22-2015, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
Hopefully before the Xmas....

IIRC the DTS:X firmware upgrade was 'promised' for Fall 2015 . . . which ends Monday, December 21...

_
desray2k likes this.

[Home Office system schematic]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
(X4100/X5200/X7200) , remote , X4100 , X4100W , X5200W

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page