AVS Forum banner

The "Official" 2014 Denon Atmos+XT32 Model Thread (X4100/X5200/X7200)

814K views 12K replies 849 participants last post by  qwank 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread will cover the three 2014 Denon models with Dolby Atmos and Audyssey MultEQ XT32 calibration. Dec 2014 Update: These models now have the option of a PAID upgrade to add the Auro featureset, which includes Auro2D and Auro3D decoding and the "Auro-matic" upmixer.

Please refer discussion of the non-Atmos 2014 S/X-Series models (i.e. AVR-X3100 and below) to the Official 2014 S/X Owner's Thread.

Official Press Release Announcement of AVR-X4100 and AVR-X5200

Denon AVR-X7200W EU/UK Product Sheet

Can someone explain this Dolby Atmos thing to me??

The three Dolby white papers linked below are essential reading for anyone who wants to understand this paradigm shift in home-theater audio, which literally takes movie sound into the third dimension. Everything you need to know is covered well in these three documents.

Dolby Atmos for the Home Theater
Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speaker Technology
Dolby Atmos Home Theater Installation Guide White Paper

Denon AVR-X4100W ($1,399 msrp)

The new AVR-X4100W is basically an X4000 with Atmos, HDMI 2.0, Bluetooth, WiFi, and an extra HDMI input. There are some other minor changes (noted below) but these are the key differences most will care about. In order to support the variety of potential speaker options, the pre-out count has been upped to 13.2 outputs (from 11.2 on the X4000), although note that a maximum of 9 channels can be active at a time regardless of how many external amps you add. The additional pre-outs are for flexibility if you want to have the option of switching between various speaker configurations (e.g. 7.1 + Wides for DTS Neo:X, and 7.1 + In-ceiling speakers for Dolby Atmos).

Denon AVR-X5200W ($1,999 msrp)

The X5200W is basically a Japan-made, souped up X4100W. It adds two more internal amps (9 total) rated at 140W/ch into 8 ohms (up from 125W/ch of the X4100), two more channels of processing capability (can run 11 simultaneously instead of 9 max), and fancier gold plated speaker connectors. Like the X4100W, the X5200W has a full set of 13.2 channel pre-outs, but since it can run 11 channels simultaneously, you can switch on the fly (example) from 11ch Neo:X and 7.1.4 Atmos, provided you have sufficient channels of external amplification to supplement the 9 internal amps. The X5200W also borrows from the higher end 4520CI (and its replacement X7200W) by incoporating a beefier "monolithic discrete amplifier" design with upgraded "Denon High Current Transistors" (DHCT), so it can be assumed it will be much more capabable of handling difficult speaker loads than the lower level models.

Denon AVR-X7200W ($TBD msrp)

The X7200W is the new "flagship" and true successor to the 4520CI, as opposed to the X5200 which is probably more of a logical successor to the older 3808CI level. The X7200W steps up the build quality with a physically larger chassis (a bit over 1 inch deeper and taller), is 8 lbs heavier than the X5200 (39lbs vs 31lbs), and upgrades to full 32-bit processing architecture (32-bit DAC's, D.D.S.C - HD32 processing, AL32 instead of AL24, etc). The "discrete monolithic" amplifier design of the 5200 by is upgraded by separating it into two left/right banks of discrete monolithic amplifier channels for better isolation. It also provides 7.1 EXT IN analog inputs, an extra component video input and a second component video output (output scan be configured for Main Zone or other zones). The X7200W, like its 4520CI and 4810CI predecessors, offers more flexibility with custom Amp Assign options (as opposed to the fixed templates on the lower models). And, unlike the lower level models, the X7200W will have the option of a paid hardware upgrade to the new HDCP2.2 chipset sometime in 2015.

What's else is new this year?

Leaving aside Atmos for a moment, the general differences between last year's models and are discussed more thoroughly in the first few posts of the Official 2014 S/X Owner's Thread.. The biggest (non Atmos) differences that most will care about vs. the outgoing X4000 and 4520CI:

* Upgrade to HDMI 2.0 with 3D, 4:4:4 and 4K/60fps pass through support (note that the HDMI ports are NOT certified for HDCP 2.2 however!)
* ISF Certification (allows different Day/Night video calibration settings per input)
* Bluetooth built in for wireless streaming
* Networking and WiFi built in, with support for DSD and hi-rez (192kHZ) FLAC and WAV files via network stream or USB
* Built-in Spotify interface replaced by "Spotify Connect" for all networked models (i.e. you can only control it from a separate device, not from the receiver directly)
* A new "TV Audio On/Off" setting to defeat the annoying auto switching caused by an HDMI-CEC ARC connection
* Heavily revamped smartphone/tablet remote apps coming in the fall with expanded functionality
* Return of Quick Select buttons on the remote (as opposed to just on the front panel)
* Return of the "Channel Level" on screen menu for on the fly adjustments to all channels (note that for the first time this setting is per input not per surround mode)
* Expanded "Option" menu for on-the-fly audio/video adjustments (the "Setup" menus will now be reserved for more global adjustments)
* HDMI and SPDIF digital audio to Zone 2, and SPDIF (no HDMI) digital audio to Zone 3 (the X4000 already had this but the 4520CI didn't).

Some cool new usability enhancements!

Improved Audyssey calibration inferface: The interface is slicker and easier to use, with better visual feedback. There are also some useful changes to the instructions provided, for example the system warns you to not measure close to the back wall, and after the 1st position it informs you to keep the other measurements within 2 feet of the 1st measurement, ensuring a tight "bubble" of measurements that will yield superior results. Also, there is no longer the confusing separation between the "Calculate" and "Store" steps (with many people forgetting to "Store"!). Now, when you complete Audyssey calibration, it proceeds through the calculation and saving of the filters as one step, with a nice progress bar showing what's happening. In addition, while it's calculating/saving, it lets you know you can unplug the mic, and then asks you if you want to turn on Dynamic EQ (default = yes) and Dynamic Volume (default = no) instead of making you wait until the end. Subtle stuff, but a really nice step forward!

Improved All Zone Stereo implementation: The popular "All Zone Stereo" feature which allows you to synchronize any audio source (including HDMI) across all zones continues, but there are a couple of cool enhancements. First, unlike the previous models, it is no longer a requirement to manually turn on the other zones first before engaging All Zone Stereo. When you start All Zone Stereo, the other zones turn on automatically. Second, it is no longer necessary to use ALL the zones. When you open the "Option" menu to access All Zone Stereo option, each of the other zones listed (Zone 2 and Zone 3) has a little checkbox next to. You can check/uncheck which zones you want to "participate" in the All Zone Stereo output, and then when you engage the modes only those zones checked will turn on and start playing.

A new Channel Level adjustment paradigm: Also accessible from the "Option" menu is a new Channel Level adjustment screen. Previous Denons have had on-the-fly Ch Level adjustment menus, but Denon has changed the way they work with the new 2014 lineup. There are two key changes for this year. First, the adjustment is RELATIVE to the baseline established in the Speaker setup menus. In other words, the "default" setting in this menu is always 0dB, and any changes will be plus or minus from the baseline level set in the Speaker menu. Second, the adjustment is stored PER INPUT. So, for example, you can set your Blu-ray input to be +3dB on the subwoofers and +2dB on the center channels, and it will only affect that input and make those adjustments relative to the balanced levels set during auto setup. If you want to make a GLOBAL change to a speaker channel level, you need to go into the GUI and access the Ch Level test tones via Speakers > Manual Setup > Levels.

See less See more
#7,739 ·
Why is everybody worried about this W and WA thing. I don't think Denon will ever make a WA case they would have to change their production line(the way the cases are being made) I would think. I bought a WA unit brand new and it came with a sticker on the box and one on the back of the unit itself, but if you try to remove both stickers it is very hard to get off. I would think that if a person manually did this the sticker would be easy to get off.

#7,744 ·
Hi,
Long, long time lurker. I wanted to say thank you for all the great information, the members here are a wealth of knowledge and so willing to share. It really is fantastic!
I have read most of this thread it's helped me set up my new 4100 and I thought I had it figured out until last night...
My last amp was the Denon 789 which is the Canadian version of the 1909. The amp had served me well but it just started to feel under powered and I couldn't get the sound to where I wanted it.
I had a 6.1 setup but the lure of Atmos was too great.
I live in a condo and as such I can't put speakers in the ceiling so I thought I would do front and back height, so now I am running 5.1.4. It's not perfect but it seems to work. I have my surrounds behind me to the side as I don't have room right beside me and I have placed my rear heights above them pointing towards the listening position and the front heights are above the mains, again pointing towards the listening position. For now I am using my old avr789 to power my rear heights.
After running audyssey and popping in Transformers and playing it in Atmos, well it is a thing of beauty! I have confirmed all speakers are working so I thought perfect I'm done!
Last night I was reading more and thought I may as well do the Auro 3d upgrade too! Well that's where the problems started. Once the upgrade was complete it brought me to the set up menu and asked that I configure the speakers and preamp again for 9.1. I was going through the setup and for Auro it says that my only choices for the preamp are the front height or the front mains but in the manual it says that if I am adding speakers to the preamp it must be the back height only. So I guess my question is what do I do?
I exited out of the set and looked at my amp assignment and there a lot of different options now, it had changed my configuration to front height. After messing around I changed it back to how it was and tested all the speakers and they all have sound again. However, if I go into the setup menu it still only gives me the option for front height or mains.
Now I don't have anyway to test Auro 3d yet to see if all the speakers will work this way but as of now the rear height speakers don't have any sound when I select Auro 3D or 2D.
Is that normal? Should it just be 7 speakers when upconverting? When I select DD and press info it shows that all speakers are active. Do I even need to rerun the setup?
Any insight would be appreciated!
Lastly, this is good and bad, my wife after listening to atmos said, well the sound doesn't match the small (60") TV now... So I am thinking about going to a projector! But that will be a lot of questions for another day...
If you made it this far thanks for reading and sorry for the long first post. :eek:

M

#7,745 · (Edited)
^^
The only height speakers that Auro 3D can currently use on the X4100W are Front Height (FH) + Surround Height (SH). There will be a firmware update later this fall that will allow the use of the Rear Height in place of the Surround Height. With your current configuration of Front Height and Rear Height, you don't need to run Audyssey again if you're okay with hearing Auro 3D from just the Front Height speakers. Otherwise, as the AVR can only store one Audyssey at a time, if you want to incorporate the Rear Height now, you would have to reconfigure them as Surround Height and then run Audyssey again. Ensure you save a copy of the config file after each run using the Web Control feature so you can then LOAD either the Atmos config (FH+RH) or Auro 3D config (FH+SH) when desired.

#7,747 ·
Thank you!!! That was exactly what I was missing!
Can I rerun it and have front height and surround height and use it for both atmos and auro? I don't think I can...
This is funny I was happy enough before I decided to update to Auro, why do I do this to myself, I want it all and I know I don't need it.
I haven't tried to use the web control yet, I will look into that. Thanks for the suggestion!

#7,746 ·
Some great info on this thread so thanks to all posters

Well I have decided without a demo to get a Denon X7200WA to replace my Onkyo 5010
I currently have a 11.2 set up
It would be too much hassle to install in ceiling speakers, and due to building regs. I would also have to install fire hoods.
Therefore I will be going for Front Heights ( already in place for Neo:X ) so my dilemma is do I put the rear Heights above the side or rear surrounds.
Auro 3D is of no interest for me but I do appreciate above the side surrounds would be compatible.
Any suggestions would apprecieted
Cheers
Andy

#7,754 ·
You don't specify the exact location of your current surround and surround back speakers--or how flexible their placement may be--so bear in mind that your overall goal is to fill in any gaps in order to create as seamless a hemisphere of sound as possible. You will also want to try to honor the recommended range of elevation angles for whichever rearmost top-level position you choose: TM, TR, or RH. (See the diagram below.)

Assuming FH at between 30° and 45° elevation and surrounds at around 90° azimuth, I would suggest that you prioritize TM at ca. 90° or slightly less. Your rear surrounds (especially if they are slightly raised) can cover the less critical area behind the MLP adequately, and there have been many reports that this combination works well. Of course, if you are wall-mounting the speakers you should have ample opportunity to experiment with differing placements to see which one offers the best effect in your room. Try it out temporarily with native Atmos source material, such as the demo clips Amaze or Horizon (click on the links for downloading these two clips or go to Vudu to stream the former and others) in order to judge the overall envelopment.

#7,752 ·
^^
Simply reminding folks that there is a wealth of support tips provided in the first few posts on page 1.

Audio drop out issues are more likely related to cable issues or HDMI handshake issues, so a network reset is not likely to resolve those issues. Have you tried using each of the other HDMI inputs as desray2k suggested to see if the issue presents on all inputs? Have you tried doing HDMI HDCP resets as I describe in my Troubleshooting post linked below?

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...-series-avr-model-owner-s-thread-faq.html#l11

#7,753 ·
Yes, that's the one Denon had me do this morning. I also went from wireless to wired internet just in case it might make a difference? I will see tonight if these helped at all. I am using all of the inputs and the issue present itself on every input so switching cables will do no good IMHO.

#7,755 ·
Thanks to Chi-Guy 50 for his reply
My surround and Surround back speakers are fixed and positioned as per standard recommendation and give me no cause for concern

As I posted TF/TM/TR are not an option.

As I already have a 11.2 channel system my thoughts were to reluctantly move my wide speakers to Rear Heights
I have seen some suggest that putting them above the surrounds rather than rear is also an option.
I wondered how many have done this.

Temporarily trying the two options brings it's own challenges with fixing the speakers and temporarily running cables.
Thanks again
Andy

#7,757 · (Edited)
Sorry if I've misinterpreted something, but I understood your query to concern how to expand your current DTS Neo:X 11.2 speaker setup to accommodate Dolby Atmos 7.1.4. In this case, since you already plan to leave your FH as is, it is simply a matter of determining where to place the rearmost top-level pair and, if deemed advisable, whether to adjust the placement of the remaining speakers.

You say that TF/TM/TR are not options, but if you place this new pair above your current surrounds they will certainly fall into the category of TM by dint of their elevation angle. (You can designate them however you wish, but the signal they receive will assume that they fall into the placement parameters of the chosen designation.)

You do not have to give up your FW in order to achieve this result. In fact, you can still have access to both Atmos 7.1.4 and Neo:X 11.2 modes by supplementing the X7200 with at least four channels of external amplification (or Neo:X 9.2 with just two extra channels). You can also chose between Atmos 7.1.4 and 9.1.2 (which would however require reconfiguring the height speaker setup), although the consensus is that x.x.4 will usually give a better result than x.x.2.

(Note that you can connect and EQ all 13 speakers (plus SW) at once, but you can only have a maximum of 11 active at any one time.)

FWIW, this is what I have done with my X5200 and two AudioSource AMP-100 stereo amps, and I employ Neo:X 11.1 for all of my music sources while enjoying Atmos/DSU 7.1.4 for video material.

Reactions: Lesmor
#7,764 ·
Thanks again to chi-guy 50 and steveting99

The info you provide is exactly what I was looking for
I already use a Emotiva XPA5 G2 to power my L/C/R and wide's so have quite a bit of flexibility

I have never owned a Denon AVR before and have downloaded the comprehensive X-7200 manual and am working through the various options.

Amp assign is an unknown any guidance for the X7200 utilising the 13 channels would certainly be appreciated
My ceilings are 8 feet so using KEF Atmos modules are an option on top of the Surrounds or Rears
Regards
Andy

#7,765 ·
Resident experts jdsmoothie and batpig have provided a wealth of guidance in this thread on the vagaries of amp assign settings. I suggest that you do an "Advanced Search" here using the term "amp assign" and their user names if you want to research this aspect.

Basically, unless you choose to use the Atmos modules, you'll want to select either "11.1ch" or "Custom" amp assign modes. As you say, you have a good deal of flexibility with your XPA5, so the rest of the settings will depend on how you want your setup configured.

(N.B.: There are a number of errors and confusing passages in the printed manual, so this thread can be a very helpful resource. For instance, in the Amp Assign section, the table on pp. 247 and 249 (for "Preamplifier" and "Custom" settings, respectively) should read [When “Height Speakers” is set to “4 Height Speakers”] vice the current [When “Height Speakers” is set to “Using Dolby Speakers”].)

#7,770 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking into replacing my (now) dead Pioneer Elite SC-07 with possibly a Denon X4100W. I've read a few things about Denon's generating heat and I wanted to understand how big a deal the heat generation is on these units. My SC-07 would get warm on use, especially doing Movie marathons at moderately high volumes (not maxed, but above normal listening conditions). And by warm, you could feel the heat when you put your hand over the top, but you could still touch it and not feel like you're going to get burned.

My setup has my AVR in a cabinet (it's a Salamander with an open back, vented on the bottom, and has an open mesh wire grill on the front to provide ventilation).

Do Denon's tend to run hotter than this? Should I be concerned if I'm putting it in my cabinet (I can redo the shelving arrangement to get a few more inches of space above it if that matters).

Thanks,

#7,779 ·
U referring to the new DTS Neural X... Not a surprise there u guess....since Dolby forgo the PLIIz for the DSU.

DTS is taking their time with the DTS X rollout... Like yourself, waiting patiently for the white papers as well [emoji6]

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapatalk

#7,788 ·
Airplay works well if wifi signal is strong and/or little interference. Using 5Ghz for the phone and ethernet to the 4100 helps.
Otherwise direct USB connection in the front panel is your best bet as that is direct line out and will use the 4100 amplification rather than both the phone amp and AVR amp when you use analog.

#7,783 ·
volume differences when modes are changed on my X5200 - normal "variation"?

I was reading thru the x7200 thread today and batpig has a post about 2 channel mode and making sure the L/R were "small" to get the subs to kick in.
So having done that, thank you, rather great, tho it seems a crime to set Fusons 15's to small.
But when switching from stereo to DSU and back with the same source, the level drops off/increases noticeably, like easy 5-8 Db with no changes to the volume control

I have plenty of power going thru the UPA 7 so it seems.

Should I consider this a normally expected difference due to the mode change?
The differences are less obvious switching among into other modes.

I have an SPL meter so I could report back with numbers., if that would help.

Suggestions, comments, improvements, if you please.
Thank you

#7,785 ·
volume differences when modes are changed on my X5200 - normal "variation"?

I was reading thru the x7200 thread today and batpig has a post about 2 channel mode and making sure the L/R were "small" to get the subs to kick in.
So having done that, thank you, rather great, tho it seems a crime to set Fusons 15's to small.
But when switching from stereo to DSU and back with the same source, the level drops off/increases noticeably, like easy 5-8 Db with no changes to the volume control

I have plenty of power going thru the UPA 7 so it seems.

Should I consider this a normally expected difference due to the mode change?
The differences are less obvious switching among into other modes.

I have an SPL meter so I could report back with numbers., if that would help.

Suggestions, comments, improvements, if you please.
Thank you
You think that's a crime? Try telling that to the guy who sets his 4 Legacy speakers (main and surrounds each with (4) 15" woofers) and center (2 12" woofers) all to SMALL. :eek:

#7,787 ·
Thanks for replys!
Even tho "small' I set the xo at 60 Hz.

Should be acceptable, . . .
YMMV

#7,789 ·
2 channel music

Hey folks, I've played a lot with my 5.2.4 setup for movies, now just trying to play around with 2 channel music...a few questions...

1) for movies my mains are set to small, if I go into the direct and pure direct mode for 2 channel music does it set the mains to large automatically?

2) in the setup menu for audio, you can turn the subwoofer LFE on and off...on makes a big difference for music. It is a manual process tho to turn it on for music. Is there a better way?

3) what is the best mode for just 2 channel music? The stereo setting using the music button or what setting for the pure button?

4) unrelated for 2 channel but has there been a definitive answer as to whether the 4100 will be upgradeable to DTs:x via firmware?

Thanks folks

#7,790 ·
Hey folks, I've played a lot with my 5.2.4 setup for movies, now just trying to play around with 2 channel music...a few questions...

1) for movies my mains are set to small, if I go into the direct and pure direct mode for 2 channel music does it set the mains to large automatically?

2) in the setup menu for audio, you can turn the subwoofer LFE on and off...on makes a big difference for music. It is a manual process tho to turn it on for music. Is there a better way?

3) what is the best mode for just 2 channel music? The stereo setting using the music button or what setting for the pure button?

4) unrelated for 2 channel but has there been a definitive answer as to whether the 4100 will be upgradeable to DTs:x via firmware?

Thanks folks
1) Yes, setting it to direct means audyssey and bass management are disabled so all 2CH sources will go only to the FL/FR speakers. Pure direct is the same but turns off the display and analog video processor as well, in order to reduce interference. Do note that since audyssey is disabled, any room correction EQs will be disabled as well. Unless your room is very well treated and you have full range speakers, I find direct/pure direct to generally be worse as my speaker placement and room treatments are less than ideal.

2) Using the "Music Stereo" sound mode will result in 2.1 if subwoofer is enabled. You can use Dolby Surround mode if you want it to upmix to all 9 speakers.

3) I typically use Music Stereo mode for 2CH music which uses my FL/FR and subwoofer only and I think it provides better resolution and imaging. If you instead want a bubble of sound then Dolby Surround mode is best.

4) I believe Denon hasn't specifically said no for 4100, but they HAVE said upgrade is available for 7200. Consensus is that the 4100 and 5200 will not be upgradeable. If you check the latest spec pages from Denon website, it also says no for DTS:X. The newer models later this year e.g. 4200 will have DTS:X.

What are your front speakers? In any case, since they are detected as Small by Audyssey, I suggest you keep the subwoofer on even for 2CH music so that the low frequencies can be offloaded to the subwoofer.

#7,796 ·
Two questions:

1. I have Samsung TV and stream Netflix andwant to connect sound via optical to Denon X4000W. Otherwise, I only get soundfrom my TV. How do I go about it? I tried it last night and went throughsetting without success.

2.When I am watching Verizon Fios, I lose soundsoften and I have to click the volume up or down once and it will work fine fora time. But this happens often. I know someone has posted this before butthis is driving me crazy! Any fixed?

Thank you .

#7,797 · (Edited)
1. On the Samsung, set the TV audio to "external speakers" and connect an optical cable from the TV to the AVR OPT1 (TV Audio) and then select TV Audio on the remote.
2. Fios boxes are known to have issues. Connect FIOS (HDMI) to the TV with FIOS (Digital Coax, use yellow composite video cable) to the AVR COAX1 (CBL/SAT) Remove the CBL/SAT HDMI assignment using the INPUT ASSIGN table on the AVR. If no digital coax (orange) output on the FIOS box, connect an optical cable to the OPT2 (CD) input on the AVR and reassign OPT2 to CBL/SAT.

Attachments

#7,830 ·
jdsmoothie - thanks for taking the time to reply

as ever nothing is really completely black and white but I'd prob be ok up to the end of year at least

as you said - with 8k maybe coming down the line, a 7200 without HDCP 2.2 would prob do me 4-5 years anyway

thanks again
That was exactly my reasoning .
Since I just bought a 75" H7150 Samsung which is very nice but not 4k , I think that I would be skipping the HDCP2.2 and wait around 4 or 5 years for the 8k and then I will upgrade the Denon , the TV and DVD player in one single shot .
I will get the DTS:X along the way .

#7,802 ·
I asked this at the wrong thread and did get my response. thanks!
So I can use the internal amps for all 4 ceiling speakers, as long as other channels are powered by external amps. I've never used the internal amp assign feature, anything I should know please enlighten me, please I need some assistance .
Thanks

PeterV

I'd like to know if I have all amps for my 5200 lower 7. Channels, can I then reconfigure and utilize the internal avr amps for all 4. Ceiling speakers?
All 7.1.4 speakers are setup with their own amps, I just want to know if the denon I have can do this. If it can I will read up more thoroughly . Maybe I can eliminate some of the 20 amps I have hooked up. Some are bridged and others dual stereo configured . A pair of 4 channeled amps etc.
Thanks

PeterV

#7,803 ·
Hi Peter,

Below is the config you would use:

Amp Assign: 11.1
Height Speakers: 4 Height Speakers
Height Layout: TF + TR (or whatever height speaker positions you are using)
Wide/HT 2: Top Rear
Pre-out: Front + Front Wide (doesn't matter not using Front Wide)

#7,806 ·
Hi sanderdvd,

You would normally connect the extra 2-channel amp to the HEIGHT 2 pre-outs.

#7,817 ·
Avr-x7200wa

Hello,

I got an X7200WA yesterday (need to send in the X7200W for the upgrade still). Tried out the network and some songs over AirPlay with no problems. Then, ran the Audyssey setup and made last-minute tweaks to the settings it chose. After I unplugged the mic and went over to shutdown a PC, I heard a low pop. Then, no network connection on the 7200WA.

Finally, I discovered that it had switched to the wireless network setting (nothing had been configured, so it could not connect). Thought it was a fluke. But today I had to re-run the Audyssey setup (moved the subs around). After that finished, it went to the wireless network setting again and lost net connectivity.

Anyone know if this is a bug in the firmware? Think Denon knows about it?

Thanks.