AVS Forum banner

Rotel RB-985, Marantz SR-7007

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Class A 
#1 ·
I have a Marantz SR-7007, B&W CM-8's as the fronts, B&W sub, Paradigm Studio Center, and B&W CM-1's for the rears. I am thinking about adding a Rotel RB-985 power amp. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Will it make a noticeable difference in the sound quality - probably about 60% movies and 40% music.

#2 ·
I had the 985 years ago and it was an excellent amp w/plenty of power. It was well built and trouble free. I had it running a Vandersteen surround set up. It should have no problem w/your speakers/ IMHO those amps from that period were some of the best amps built by Rotel. If it's in good working order you'll get an excellent amp for short money.

#5 ·
It should run your CM-8's more efficiently. The amp does get down to 4ohms. And the power is 100wpc all channels driven. My amps by the way are older than the 985. 2 modified Threshold T-50's a Forte 4A and a Forte 6. The only problem I've had in recent years was replacing the worn on/off switches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.