Does anybody know of a receiver with separate subwoofer control on the remote? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anybody know of a receiver with separate subwoofer control on the remote?

I need a receiver for a bathroom where both I and my wife/daugther listen to music, at separate times. We have quite violently different views on what's the right amount of bass, and I have system with all amps in a technical room and only speakers in the different rooms. So I have ceiling speakers and a passive sub in the bathroom. I would like to find an amp were I can adjust the subwoofer volume with the remote in the bathroom. I would prefer something that's 3-4 years old, so I won't have to fork out for a brand new receiver. It doesn't need HDMI or any other image functions, but I really want something that sounds good. By far the best would be something that can be split between pre and power amp (the jumpers in phono plugs variant), so I can use the same amp to drive the sub (by routing subwoofer out to one of the power amps that's not used). But it's not necessary, I do have an extra amp I can use for the sub if I have to. So does anybody have a suggestion for something that can work this way?

i7@ 3.6 - ATI 3870HD - Windows 7 64 bit - FFDShow with dScaler sharpen, AVISynth and Lancoz resize to BG808 with HD-144 lenses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Check out NAD receivers.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know nothing about this product and it seems to be for automobiles, but would this be of any use?

If you can wire it up in your bathroom and attach it somewhere inconspicuous, for $12 it might be worth experimenting with

Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...y-Scosche.html
post #4 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
... where both I and my wife/daugther listen to music, at separate times.
Is that even legal?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-02-2014, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Abatsky, thanks! That seems like the solution. The ironic thing is that I have the T750, which is one or two models below the T752, which has those functions. But I should be able to find a T752.

Nord, thanks, but everything goes on remote here, physical buttons is banned in my system!

Tommy Lee 90120, I live in Norway. Almost everything is legal here without asking Tipper Gore or the tea party first!

i7@ 3.6 - ATI 3870HD - Windows 7 64 bit - FFDShow with dScaler sharpen, AVISynth and Lancoz resize to BG808 with HD-144 lenses
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page