Help! Front left and front right speakers won't work - refurb denon 4520 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-02-2014, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help! Front left and front right speakers won't work - refurb denon 4520

I won't make this long, so long story short. I am on my fourth yes 4th denon 4520. Network card issues, and many other issues with it.

So I have basically been without a receiver for ten months. Just got a refurbished unit they sent to me yesterday. I have set these up a hundred times I reset processor, connected network, set up all speakers appropriately and wired appropriately.

When I tried to calibrate I noticed that the front two speakers (left and right) were not working. The rest Are. Zero sound is coming out. I have tried everything I know including a hard reset.

Is there anything I am possibly missing. Remeber during calibration there should be no reason sound doesn't come out unless they simply weren't connected. And they are.

Do the front left and front right sit on he same channel? Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-02-2014, 05:04 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3722 Post(s)
Liked: 2182
Sounds like you got a dud. Although try swapping with the SL/SR speakers to ensure the speakers aren't dead.

Do you have a wired or wireless connection to the modem/router? Going through that many units more likely leads to an issue with your modem/router.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 08-02-2014 at 05:11 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-02-2014, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

It is wireless, but that shouldn't have anything to do with calibration right? And check network. It is working fine.

It's just left and right speakers that I get zero sound out of. Good idea. I will reword to another channel. However it's not the speakers. Old 4311 works perfectly fine with all speakers.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-02-2014, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
So I have basically been without a receiver for ten months
After that much hassle and time without a working product, I'd demand a 100% refund. Did similar thing with a Samsung TV a while ago.

Pivetta Opera
Bose Jewel speakers.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-02-2014, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Unless this is already the flagship model, I would ask for the next model up as a replacement for your trouble. It's unlikely they would provide a full refund since they haven't already. I think they would rather give one better model than chance losing you as a Denon customer.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-02-2014, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Here is the sad thing. I have bought two denon 4311s and I recently bought two denon 4520s to replace (one for bedroom surround and living room). I also bought two denon bluray 3313 $1000 a piece at the time. I have clearly spent lots of money with denon. And customer service help has been nothing but a hassle and a nightmare. I am at my wits end with. I will call today and see what the customer service support group says. If I have to send it back in, I am going to demand brand new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page